ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Cutting Vinyl already stick to plastics...

Hey Guys!

Just found out some weeks ago, while doing some asked for testing by a new customer, that I can cut vinyl that already stick on plastics such acrylics and polycarbonates with a router (CNC in my case...); feeds and speeds are pretty much the same as when cutting the plastic alone and the vinyl is being cut very cleanily! I was quite skeptical about this but the vinyl proved to be VERY well holding on the plastics!?!?! I'm no sign maker but this customer had ask me this since he was spending MUCH time trying to stick the vinyl AFTER the plastics had been cut (I can easily figure the fun to paste a 4" vinyl letter on the same letter cut in plastic!!!)... or trying to cut both vinyl and plasic with a jig saw, wasting time and material, resulting in a not quite clean finish...

Hope this can be of a use to you!!! :headbang:

My experience with applying vinyl on substrates such as polycarb or acrylic is that I usually use soapy water to apply, then I usually let it cure or set on the acrylic for 24 at least sometimes over 2-3 days before cutting. After that period is comes out really nice. Usually anytime before 24 hours and the vinyl has a tendency to come up or off. My feed rate is the same as plastic, anythign slower and it get a lot of frays around the vinyl surface. I've been using a multipurpose bit at 13,000 RPM/s wih 3 inche/sec. :beer:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

WOW! P'etty fast feed!? What bit size?

I have noticed tiny breakage at the machined edge in acrylic if I push the feed to fast using both 1/8" and 1/4" CED bit 2 straight edges standard V-flutes...

About applying the vinyl; that's what I've been told too but this new customer says he's applying it "dry" to avoid the "cure" time but add "one must be experienced to do this..." I've done it for the testing on a small scale with some bubbles since their were dirt on the acrylic...

:lolhitting: Whoops brain fart.

I'm thinking of the job I just did lastweek, that feed speed was using 1/2 PVC and not acrylic. I have a HF 3hp colombo spindle, so sometimes I can come roaring through material :headbang:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

The last letter project I did was 1/2" Black PVC with High Performance colored vinyl, when I get a chance I'll take a pic and post . I like using black so I can get away from painting