ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Handy Little Tool

Here's a cool little handy tool I bought about 6 months ago or so but wish I had had it 12 years ago. For those tight spots and especially for trying to get those tight stacked channel letter acrylic faces off

$25.00

90tool.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Looks sweet, Sign Guy. I don't see how I missed it. I always walk through the tools section when I go to HD.

Thanks for the tip.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

I always walk through the tools section when I go to HD.

I don't know how it happens but I always get lost in the tool section. For hours my wife claims... :mebeer:

I don't know how it happens but I always get lost in the tool section. For hours my wife claims... :mebeer:

Do what I did. Get rid of her. :P

joemomma

1946-2008

• 4 months later...

I've seen this thing twice at HD in the last few weeks, and haven't bought one yet. I was surprised by the $25 price tag, and I don't know if I'd use it that often. How about you, SG? I have a Mikita right angle cordless that I use for drilling and such. I should just go ahead and let the boss buy one for me. I'll let him do it next time I'm at HD.

joemomma

1946-2008

Well, I let my boss buy one yesterday while I was at HD. It was probably a waste of his money. I haven't used it yet.

joemomma

1946-2008

• !llumenati

[Well, maybe you can use it tomorrow, or the next day.

And if you feel really guilty about it-----give the money back to your boss !!! THat way he'll think you're a really stand up sort of guy, a great employee, one who looks out for the boss' benefits and pocket book !!!! Tell him you had an emotional lift after running into that 480v !!!!

gn

[And if you feel really guilty about it-----give the money back to your boss !!! THat way he'll think you're a really stand up sort of guy, a great employee, one who looks out for the boss' benefits and pocket book !!!! Tell him you had an emotional lift after running into that 480v !!!!

gn

Fortunately, my boss knows the value of having the right tools for the job, even if seldom used. I had the chance to use this little tool for the first time last week and did in 10 minutes what would've taken an hour with the offset. Great little tool.

BTW, thanks again SG, for putting me onto this tool. HD doesn't display it very well, and I don't think I ever would've seen it. I bought another one for the other crew.

Edited by joemomma

joemomma

1946-2008

• 2 years later...
  • Board Patron

DA should have read on

Will get one the next time I'm there

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Work great- we have a few. Be careful with a 18V impact driver. The torque tends to snap the inner workings (like if you drive a #12 self tapper into 1/4" aluminum without a predrill).

I had the same problem with one of those as jsousa, but putting a drywall screw into plywood, the gear broke and locked up and the phillips tip ripped open my hand. That was the second one I had that broke on me. They are not very heavy duty, maybe fine for face screws but not much else. I also found the side thumb handle hard to hold on to and to keep on the tool. The bits did not lock in at all and would pull out or even fall out easily. O.K. I'm done griping, I did buy a milwaukee right angle drive off amazon last year ($37 at the time) that is about the same depth.is much heavier duty (it is advertised as able to run paddle bits

) the handle will rotate around the shaft and will also swivel out to over 90 degrees.The bits lock in place.

I just checked on Amazon, they have Milwaukee model 49-22-8510 for $48. I am not proficient enough to post the picture, maybe somebody could do so and fill me in on how to do it in the future.

Chuck