ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

$100 fee to access a mall to perform a service call

• Board Patron

Hi

Has anyone run into this before?   We've worked in the King of Prussia mall for years and years, and hever had to sign it, let them know when we were coming, etc.   Now we have to file an "after hours" form, but I can actually understand that.   They need to know who's getting access to the mall before it's open, need our COI, etc.  Fine, not a problem.   However, now it's a $100 fee to allow us into the mall to do a service call before hours.  I've been doing this for more than half a century and this is a new one by me.   BTW, this is Simon properties, who own a good percentage of malls across the country.   I'd exect this to become common for malls owned by them.    Anyone have similiar experiences?  IDK if this is legal or not but my customer is going to get that fee added to the invoice.  I'm glad I only have another 35-40 years before I can afford to retire.  ? 

I would say they are justifying the fee as a 'handling charge' now that they make you fill out that form, paper, Xerox, filing, yada yada yada.  But ultimately malls are hurting in general, so any little bit helps, I guess.  Have never heard of that, but not surprised either, and would imagine this will start popping up in other locations. 

• Board Patron

Update,

We spoke to the mall again and was told that the fee will only apply AFTER mall hours, not in the early AM to do sign service calls though we still have to fill out an after hours form.   As usual, it all depends on who you speak to on the phone!   The moral of the story, always double check when you come up with something strange.     And customers wonder why a lot of sign companies don't like to work inside of malls!

Rocco