ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Not Your Average Strippers

Here's some thing I needed as I lost my previous (probably in a crawl space where all my other tools get entombed) one. At Home Depot this was at the checkout stand and I never knew it was electronic until I was at a jobsite I needed it for.

strippers.jpg

You turn the power button under the handle to on and you will know if your about to cut into live wire. Or aim the handle at a recepticle or live wire and it beeps if it's live. I thought this was kinda cool.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Now, being perfectly honest----how many others were drawn to this thread only be to disappointed with a picture of a wire "stripper".

gn

Now, being perfectly honest----how many others were drawn to this thread only be to disappointed with a picture of a wire "stripper".

gn

Mr. Nutting, you should be ashamed of yourself! Ye should bring thy mind out of the gutter for a breath of the fresh air.............. NOT!!! :laughing1:

• 2 weeks later...

I use the below pictured strippers for most stripping. I seldom use the type Sign Guy referred to. And I carry a "light stick" in my pocket to detect voltage.

The Stripmaster, or its equivelant, is the best stripper for GTO.

On a side note, here in KY, every fall in the smaller, rural type newspapers, there will always be a few ads for "lady strippers". When the tobacco is harvested, hung, and dried, the leaves are then stripped and tied into bunches called "hands". Ladies tie a much prettier "hand" than do men. The more presentable a "hand", the more appealing to buyers at auction. It's been a long time since I stripped tobacco, and I think I heard they now bale the "hands" for easier transport to the auction house. I don't know if they still use lady strippers, for tobacco anyway.

post-181-1160776756.jpg

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Those are basically the strippers I was talking about as being the "easier" kind. If they had a built in voltage detector, like the one WCSG posted has, they would be almost perfect.

I've gone thru 4 pairs of those and vowed never to buy again :wtf:

Maybe you are buying the wrong brand? The first two pairs I had were junk: Screws fell out and so did the jaws. I am still using the third pair after about 8 years. I just wish I could remember what brand they are and where I bought them...... :scratchhead:

Edit: They don't look exactly like Joe's though.

I've gone thru 4 pairs of those and vowed never to buy again :wtf:

Occasional maintenance of the Stripmaster (made by Ideal) like tightening the screws, and the nuts, aligning the cutters, and a little WD-40 every now and then, and they'll give you years of good service. Twice as fast as regular strippers, and neater, and easier, and fewer scraped knuckles. Under $40 at HD. Come on, Sign Guy, break the vow.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

• 1 month later...
I use the below pictured strippers for most stripping. I seldom use the type Sign Guy referred to. And I carry a "light stick" in my pocket to detect voltage.

On a side note, here in KY, every fall in the smaller, rural type newspapers, there will always be a few ads for "lady strippers". When the tobacco is harvested, hung, and dried, the leaves are then stripped and tied into bunches called "hands". Ladies tie a much prettier "hand" than do men. The more presentable a "hand", the more appealing to buyers at auction. It's been a long time since I stripped tobacco, and I think I heard they now bale the "hands" for easier transport to the auction house. I don't know if they still use lady strippers, for tobacco anyway.

I picked up a pair of those last night at HD. I was almost giddy at how easy they made stripping GTO and other wires. How we ever managed without 'em I have no idea. I don't even care if they break. I will buy another pair, and another, and another. Hopefullly, this pair will last though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked a few more of these up at HD - truly are the best stripper out there! If you don't have one - get one!

• 9 months later...

I probably haven't bought a pair of those strippers in 15 years or more. I had a couple of pairs break and said screw that. I use a pair of Klein Needle nose with a stripper notch for GTO and to torque the lock rings tight in channel letters.

I may grab a pair of Ideal and see if they have any use for me. I loved the ones I had till they blew up. LOL

Also there is a 5 in 1 screw driver with a voltage detector built in. Same brand as the ones WCSG has.

• 1 year later...
  • Board Patron
I picked up a pair of those last night at HD. I was almost giddy at how easy they made stripping GTO and other wires. How we ever managed without 'em I have no idea. I don't even care if they break. I will buy another pair, and another, and another. Hopefullly, this pair will last though.

I'm with the sign guy I hate those bulky damn things

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg