ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

sign industry warning, Sign Fab

I noticed on a couple of the other boards there have been a lot of people complaining about Sign Fab in Missouri.. I also noticed the posts were taken down because Sign Fab Advertises on said sites.

Lets hope the admins here allow honest honest sign guys to share information about deadbeat companies so they aren't able to ruin the industry we all work so hard at building..

Shame on Sign Fab for taking advantage of people but Even more shame to Signindustry.com and Signweb.com for covering up for their advertisers.

Well I Know nothing about the issues with Sign Fab. Maybe some input & history would help. But with that I would also invite Sign Fab to come in here tell their side too. Like all politics, radio & television it's hard to bite the hand that feeds you. We don't have advertisers here so I'm very open for products that work and just don't work.

I have my own issues with Signindustry.com, they keep removing my posts to to tell others about this site as quickly as they can. Signweb.com doesn't seem to have a problem with it. But then again Signindustry.com does have a lot of advertising. Not that i'm complaining or anything, more power to capitalism :D

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Well Traviscnc I don't mind if you post a problem with Sign Fab and tell the reason but I Don't wanna leave this post up without one and not let Sign Fab able to respond. Because it will look more like smearing. Give a little history or your dealings, otherwise I will have to lock this one up or delete it.

:who:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Well I've been contacted by Sign Fab and got their side of the story about the claims against them. I've left ample opportunity for Traviscnc and others to talk about it regarding complaints and case history. I like to have two sides of a story and be fair and balanced like Fox News :D Sign Fab is prepared to give a statement but since I don't see any statements in opposition to them, other than "They take advantage of people" I don't see any purpose for them to waste their time.

As I see this site getting bigger, and it's only been weeks in existence. This Forum will not be like the others, I will not delete posts where company names or individuals are called out for performing badly or taking advantage of others. But details and history will be required. I will also invite the other party so we can get two sides of the story and let everyone else make up their own mind.

If you are ever unsure about a company I would always advise that you get at least five references and thoroughly check them out before hiring them for goods and services

After all this is an open forum and a service to the trade for those who seek help or offer it. :beer:

Here is what I know about this situation. It is based on my personal experience with one of the parties as well as what was being posted on the other message boards, so I can't say how much of it is true other than my own dealings with the one company.

The complaints were posted on signweb.com, signindustry.com and neonshop.com. and perhaps other sites that I don't go to. They were not specifically aimed at Sign Fab. They were aimed at a company named I.D. Signs. Apparently I.D. Signs owes some people some money, and at least one person a LOT of money ($40K from what I know).

I.D. Signs was a new start up company less than a year ago who recently merged with Sign Fab. I. D. was supposedly owned by Brian and Candy Seibert. Candy Seibert is the daughter of the person who runs Sign Fab. (I.D. and Sign Fab are located in the same area of Missouri.) Both Brian and Candy worked at Sign Fab before starting I.D. Signs. This is where I think some made the connection between the two companies before the merger (perhaps with good reason).

I.D. Signs leased a lot of the equipment in the shop including what they purchased from me. Most leasing companies won't release payment to the seller until the buyer receives the equipment in good shape. Our policy is payment in advance - no exceptions. And we did get paid in advance, although it wasn't easy. In the long run I.D. Signs owed us a few hundred dollars for replacement parts they needed due to the fact that the personnel using the equipment was untrained or improperly trained on the use of it.

After I.D. Signs closed their doors our invoices went unpaid. Phone calls and emails went unanswered and we considered it a bad debt. After the complaint postings showed up on the various message boards it appeared that we were not the only company who got stuck for some money. So I posted a factual reply to a couple of the threads explaining our experience with I.D. Sings and that they owed us money too. Ironically, within a few days we received full payment for invoices owed by I.D. Signs with a check from Sign Fab.

I.D. Signs supposedly merged with Sign Fab a couple of months ago. A former employee of I.D. Signs said that both Brian and Candy are back working for Sign Fab again. Considering this and the fact that we were paid with a check from Sign Fab for money owed by I.D. Signs would seem to make the connection between the two companies legitimate.

At least one other company followed the normal routine with the leasing company. They sold I.D. Signs a $60K router. There was a down payment of $20K according to what David Lexington (the seller) has told me personally. This left a balance owed of $40K. According to David the router was delivered, set up and I.D. Signs personnel trained to use it. However, the leasing company never released the $40K balance payment to the seller. David has also made all reasonable attempts to collect his money, but to no avail. He apparently has since been granted a Federal Court Order to reposes the router - if he can locate it (at last word it seems to have disappeared). I am not speaking directly for David, but I believe he suspects that Sign Fab has the router as well as other equipment that was leased to I.D. Signs.

One person, Sandy (can't recall the last name), responded to two of the boards with a message to the admin. complaining about them removing the thread. Apparently Sandy's company was about to release $7K worth of product to either I.D. Signs or Sign Fab (Sandy wasn't clear on which one) when she/he (?) saw the threads. Sandy did some checking and got some negative feedback on whichever company was being looked into and decided not to release the order. Sandy felt that the original posts saved her/him $7K, and had it not been for the posts they would have released the order and be out that much money.

Some speculate that Sign Fab started I.D. Signs as a dummy company to obtain new equipment with no intention of paying for it.

Whew, that's it in a nut shell. I'll be interested in what Sign Fab will have to say.

WE AM VERY TIRED OF ALL OF THESE CHILDISH ASSUMPTIONS AND FALSE ALLEGATIONS.

YES ID SIGNS MERGED WITH SIGNFAB, INC. IN DECEMBER.

YES BRIAN AND CANDY SEIBERT ARE EMPLOYEES OF SIGN FAB, INC.

NO SIGNFAB, INC. WAS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ID SIGNS PRIOR TO THE MERGER.

YES CANDY SEIBERT IS THE DAUGHTER OF THE OWNER OF SIGNFAB, INC.

YES WE HAVE LEASES FOR EQUIPMENT PURCHASED. THEY ARE ALL CURRENT.

YES ID SIGNS HAD AN INVOICE FROM MARK@ SVP(SILICA VACUUM PRODUCTS) FOR $236.00. MARK AT SILICA DID NOT SEND A COPY OF THESE INVOICES TO ID SIGNS UNTIL JANUARY 5TH, 2005. MARK MAY SEEM TO BE AN HONEST PERSON. HOWEVER HE IS TERRIBLE WITH PAPERWORK. THIS WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE AND MARK WAS MOSTLY AT FAULT FOR THE NON PAYMENT. TO BE HONEST ID SIGNS ALWAYS PAID MARK COD FOR EVERYTHING, I'M NOT POSITIVE THEY ARE NOT A MISBILLING ON HIS PART. HE HAS BEEN PAID!!!!!

MARK, THESE FALSE REMARKS ARE GETTING VERY TIRING. UNDERSTAND EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THEORIZING, YOU STILL CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR SLANDER.

SIGNFAB, INC. NOR ID SIGNS(BRIAN/CANDY SEIBERT) NEVER HAD AN AFFILIATION WITH SOMEONE NAMED SANDY ALLARD OR DAVID LEXINGTON. WE DO NOT KNOW WHO THE INDIVIDUALS ARE NOR DO WE KNOW THE COMPANIES THEY ARE WITH.

ID SIGNS (BRIAN/CANDY SEIBERT) NEVER HAD A TRANSACTION WITH ANY VENDOR FOR EQUIPMENT INVOLVING $60,000.00

SIGNFAB, INC. AND ID SIGNS (BRIAN/CANDY SEIBERT) HAS ALWAYS TREATED ITS CUSTOMERS AND VENDORS WITH ALL DESERVING RESPECT.

ID SIGNS DID PURCHASE A ROUTING SYSTEM ALONG WITH TWO OTHER PIECES OF EQUIPMENT TOTALING 45,000.00 FROM A LEASING COMPANY WHO INTERN PURCHASE THIS EQUIPMENT FOR A SUPPLIER BY THE NAME OF AMERICAN SIGN SUPPLY, ALIAS: TEAMASSCO, ASSCO, KEITH MACCONNELL, BRENT ALLARD, RANDY SOMEBODY. THEY WERE FUNDED 1/2 OF THIS TRANSACTION BY THE LEASING COMPANY. THE ROUTING SYSTEM WAS DELIVERED BUT WITH MISSING PARTS(THROUGH LEAPS AND BOUNDS). THEN TOOK SEVERAL WEEKS FOR AN INSTALLER TO GET THERE. FINALLY THE INSTALLER THAT SHOWED UP WAS ACTUALLY THE SALESMAN FOR THE PROJECT. HE HAD INSTRUCTIONS HE DOWNLOADED FROM THE NET. HE HADN'T EVEN SEEN ONE OF THESE MACHINES BEFORE. HE WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO ASSEMBLE THE BASIC SHAPE. WE DEMANDED THEY SEND SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE. THEY DID, THE GENTLEMAN SPENT ABOUT 3 HOURS AND WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE INSTALLATION BECAUSE OF SEVERAL MISSING PARTS. HE AT LEAST WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE THE BASIC ASSEMBLY. WE THEN REALIZED THIS EQUIPMENT WAS NOT THE RIGHT SIZE. IT SEEMED TO BE A 4'X8' TABLE. WE ORDER A 5'X10' ROUTING SURFACE. WE THEN DEMANDED AN EXPLANATION FROM AMERICAN SIGN SUPPLY. THEY COULD NOT EXPLAIN. WE REQUEST TO RETURN THE ROUTER AND FOR THE TO REFUND MONIES PAID TOWARD IT. THEY REFUSED, THEN THE LEASING COMPANY GOT INVOLVED. SUDDENLY THE SALESMAN SHOWS UP AT OUR FACILITIES TO PICKUP THE EQUIPMENT WITHOUT ANY NOTICE WITH A UHAUL. I DEMANDED TO KNOW IF THEY HAD REFUNDED THE LEASING COMPANY THE MONEY. HE SAID YES KEITH MACCONNELL TOOK CARE OF IT. I WAS CONCERNED. I CALLED THE LEASING COMPANY AND INFACT THEY DID NOT REFUND THE MONEY. THE LEASING COMPANY REFUSED TO ALLOW US TO RELEASE THIS EQUIPMENT WITHOUT PAYMENT. I BEGGED THEM TO WIRE THE MONEY AND WAIT. THEY REFUSED. I EVEN OFFERED TO PAY FOR SHIPPING BACK. THEY REFUSED. I HAVE CONFIRMATION FROM AND INSPECTOR AND THE MANUFACTURER THAT THIS ROUTER IS INFACT NOT A 5'X10' SYSTEM. WE INVOLVED OUR ATTORNEY. OUR ATTORNEY CONTACTED AMERICAN SIGN SUPPLY FORMALLY AND THEY WERE SERVED WITH PAPERWORK DEMANDING THEY ALLOW THE RETURN OF THE EQUIPMENT AND REFUND THE LEASING COMPANY. IF THEY DID NOT RESPOND WHICH THEY DID NOT (OF COURSE) WE WOULD THEN GET A DEFAULT COURT JUDGEMENT STATING WE HAD THE RIGHT TO SELL THIS EQUIPMENT(JUNK IS WHAT IT IS) FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE TO REFUND THE LEASING COMPANY AND RECOVER LOST EXPENSES. I HAVE THIS JUDGEMENT AND WILL SHOW IT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT. THESE PEOPLE ARE ANGRY AND VINDICTIVE AND HAVE CAUSED US AND OUR BUSINESS ALOT OF GRIEF.

HAS MR. DAVID LEXINGTON PROVIDED ANY PROOF TO ANYONE REGARDING HIS ALLEGATIONS. NO HE HAS NOT OTHER THAN VERBALLY. HE HAS YET TO ANNOUCE HIS COMPANY OR ANY CONTACT INFORMATION OTHER THAN UNTRACEABLE EMAIL ADDRESSES. HE OBVIOUSLY IS A VINDICTIVE COWARD! AT LEAST MARK SNYDER WITH SILICA HAD THE GULL TO STATE WHO HE WAS. EVEN IF HE HAS BEEN MISLED.

COULD MRS. SANDY ALLARD BE RELATED TO BRENT ALLARD FROM AMERICAN SIGN SUPPLY? I HOPE HE WOULDN'T BE THAT STUPID TO LIST HIS LAST NAME. HAS SHE STATED HER COMPANY OR EVEN WHAT PRODUCT SHE WAS SELLING.

NOT ONLY HAVE YOU ALL MADE FALSE ALLEGATIONS AGAINST BRIAN AND CANDY SEIBERT, ID SIGNS AND SIGNFAB, INC. SOME OF YOU HAVE BEGAN ON OTHER SIGN INDUSTRY WEBSITE MESSAGE BOARDS USING OUR IDENTITIES TO TRY TO BUY, SELL, AND TRADE. I HAVE RECEIVED NUMEROUR PHONE CALLS IN REGARDS TO THIS. SOME HAVE EVEN MADE RUDE COMMENTS TO INDIVIDUALS. THIS HAS TO STOP! THESE MESSAGE BOARDS ARE NOT FOR YOU ENTERTAINMENT. THEY ARE MEANT TO BE USED FOR HARD WORKING BUSINESS OWNERS TO HAVE NEED CONVENIENT WAY TO BUY, SELL AND TRADE INFORMATION. IT IS SAD THAT PEOPLE LIKE MARK @ SVP, DAVID LEXINGTON, SANDY ALLARD, LARRY VAUSE AND WHO EVER ELSE THERE IS CHOOSE TO ABUSE IN THIS MANNER OBVIOUSLY FOR SELFISH AND VINDICTIVE REASIONS.

I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU TO COME FORWARD WITH PROOF AND GIVE US ALL LEGITIMATE INFORMATION.

FALSE ALLEGATIONS AND IDENTITY THEFT ARE PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

BE ADVISED WE WILL TRACK ALL OF YOU AND WHERE YOU ARE.

YOU ALL WILL HERE FROM OUR ATTORNEYS.

IF ANYONE WANTS MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

SIGN FAB, INC.

800-544-6381

signfab@mail.signfab.com

As if I haven't already done enough reading all day. Were not going to make this a forum to be going back and forth. This should be enough having both sides of the issue. Hopefully people with questions from the other sites will be able to see this and make their own conclusion.

I'm locking this post, any in the future regarding this matter will be directed here then deleted.

Sign Fab I hope you keep stopping by, and thank you for your response.

• 4 months later...

THESE NEXT TWO POSTS WERE IN RESPONSE AFTER I LOCKED THE TOPIC BUT I WAS UNABLE TO MERGE AT THE TIME WITH THE CURRENT VERSION BOARD WE HAD

RESPONSE BY B.O.P.

post #2 AFTER CONCLUSION OF SIGN FAB

Admin. you can delete this if you want to, but your original view point was to get all sides of the story. This is mine, Mark@SVP (Silica Vacuum Products).
...snip...  

YES ID SIGNS HAD AN INVOICE FROM MARK@ SVP(SILICA VACUUM PRODUCTS) FOR $236.00.  MARK AT SILICA DID NOT SEND A COPY OF THESE INVOICES TO ID SIGNS UNTIL JANUARY 5TH, 2005.

There was actually two invoices that went unpaid for 60 days. An invoice is included with the shipment of the part, which is my standard practice. The first shipment was on Nov. 22, 2004. This shipment was sent UPS Next Day Air, so I.D. Signs received that invoice the next day, Nov.23, 2004., not Jan. 5, 2005. The second shipment for a replacement part was sent seven days later on Nov. 30, 2004 via UPS ground service. I.D. would have certainly received that invoice by Dec. 6th (a Monday). Although the terms of the invoices are clearly stated as "Upon Receipt", I allowed 30 days before I started calling in my attempt to collect. My first attempt was during the second week of December when I.D. was in the middle of the merger with you. At least that's what Candy personally told me on the phone when I spoke with her and she said she had lost the invoices and could I please fax her copies so she could get a check right out to me. This was the second week of December, not Jan. 5, 2005. All I have to do is look at my phone records to pin point the day and exact time if I have to.

She never sent the check as promised. Further phone calls went unanswered and unreturned, both to her and to Brian (how convenient to have caller ID on your cell phones). Emails to them went unanswered. All this happened before Jan. 5, 2005, not after. How many phone calls or emails should it take? Answer: ONE!

MARK MAY SEEM TO BE AN HONEST PERSON.
I seem like a nice person because I am a nice person. I bent over backwards to try and help Brian and Candy. They bought a vacuum pump from someone else and couldn't get it to work right. They couldn't even get in touch with the person they bought it from, so I stepped up and helped them out, which took a lot of time. I even made an a part for them for FREE and sent it to them OVERNIGHT so they could check the vacuum pump. And this is the thanks I get for it? Non payment of invoices and you (probably either Brian or Candy for all I know) implying I'm not a nice person. Yeah, right! :moon: How many other vendors do you know who would do that, knowing they bought the POS vacuum pump from someone else?
HOWEVER HE IS TERRIBLE WITH PAPERWORK.

That would be a losing bet for you to make. Do you think I came up with these dates and facts off the top of my head? Wrong, it's because I keep detailed notes and paper work because I know there will be people like the Seiberts along the way. It's Candy who is terrible with paper work.

THIS WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE AND MARK WAS MOSTLY AT FAULT FOR THE NON PAYMENT.
Please explain how you figure I'm the one mostly at fault. On second thought, don't bother. Your response is the typical flip-flop routine people use who owe others money and don't intend to pay it (I know. I used to work for a collection agency).
TO BE HONEST  ID SIGNS ALWAYS PAID MARK COD FOR EVERYTHING, I'M NOT POSITIVE THEY ARE NOT A MISBILLING ON HIS PART.  HE HAS BEEN PAID!!!!!

No, ID did not always pay me COD. I sent something one time COD at Brian's request. If they did always pay COD why would Candy FINALLY pay me if the parts were sent COD? I reiterate my point about the one who's terrible about paper work :whistling:

MARK,  THESE FALSE REMARKS ARE GETTING VERY TIRING.  UNDERSTAND EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THEORIZING, YOU STILL CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR SLANDER.
Please tell me what I've said that is false - and be specific. I have all the documentation I need to back up what I've said. Do you???
SIGNFAB, INC. AND ID SIGNS (BRIAN/CANDY SEIBERT) HAS ALWAYS TREATED ITS CUSTOMERS AND VENDORS WITH ALL DESERVING RESPECT.

Sorry, you can't prove that by me.

HAS MR. DAVID LEXINGTON PROVIDED ANY PROOF TO ANYONE REGARDING HIS ALLEGATIONS.  NO HE HAS NOT OTHER THAN VERBALLY.  HE HAS YET TO ANNOUCE HIS COMPANY OR ANY CONTACT INFORMATION OTHER THAN UNTRACEABLE EMAIL ADDRESSES.  HE OBVIOUSLY IS A VINDICTIVE COWARD!  AT LEAST MARK SNYDER WITH SILICA HAD THE GULL TO STATE WHO HE WAS.  EVEN IF HE HAS BEEN MISLED.
The email David left on all the boards worked for me, and so did the phone number he posted because I called him myself.

I don't think I was misled.

IT IS SAD THAT PEOPLE LIKE MARK @ SVP, DAVID LEXINGTON, SANDY ALLARD, LARRY VAUSE AND WHO EVER ELSE THERE IS CHOOSE TO ABUSE IN THIS MANNER OBVIOUSLY FOR SELFISH AND VINDICTIVE REASIONS.

What is sad is the fact that you are still trying to play this charade. There is only one way you could know a lot of what you posted here. And that's if you are either Brian or Candy. How could anyone at Sign Fab know about my payment terms with ID Signs if there was no affiliation?

I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU TO COME FORWARD WITH PROOF AND GIVE US ALL LEGITIMATE INFORMATION.
If it comes to that I'll be glad to. I have all the "legitimate information" I need.
FALSE ALLEGATIONS AND IDENTITY THEFT ARE PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Exactly! Just remember that works both ways. And you're treading on thin ice at this point.

BE ADVISED WE WILL TRACK ALL OF YOU AND WHERE YOU ARE.
All my info is below. No need to go to any trouble trying to find those invoices you claim you lost.
YOU ALL WILL HERE FROM OUR ATTORNEYS.

Can't wait!

One more thing: If I'm so at fault for everything, why did Candy hand write a note on the check stub you sent me appologizing for how she handled this and for the delay in paying the invoices? (Yup, that's right, I kept it. Just more of my poor record keeping!

Mark Snyder

SVP Neon Equipment

113 Leventis Drive

Columbia, SC 29209

Ph. (803) 783-1165

silicavacuumproducts@sc.rr.com

www.svpneon.com

ORIGINALLY FROM "DAVE LEXINGTON"

Seeing as how Brian Seibert of Signfab has brought my name into this in his post (which has been locked out?) I thought it was fitting that I chime in and let the signworld know what kind of guy they are dealing with.

Brian's name has been all over this and several other sign forums. It seems he has ripped off alot of people and is in trouble for interstate commerce fraud and insurance fraud. Thats on top of his failure to pay his bills to other hard working honest sign guys.

He and ID Signs and Signfab in Missouri are being investigated by several agencies.

How do I know?

Brian and his wife Candy owe me a large sum of money. From what we have learned their very clever scam goes like this.

They (Brian and Candy who is one of the owners of SignFab) created a dummy company (ID Signs)and purchased equipment (using several different finance companies) from several people. After receiving the equipment they notified the finance companies that they never received equipment or that it was damaged etc and would refuse to sign off on the equipment. They then quickly closed the company after only a couple of months and "merged" with Signfab.. So Signfab has all the equipment and supplies that ID Signs scammed and we honest hardworking sign guys are left holding the bag.. No money.. No returned equipment..

After merging with Signfab Brian actually listed some of the equipment on signboards for sale. Even though he informed finance companies that the equipment "didn't work" or "wasn't received" he listed the equipment as being in "brand new good working condition"..

We wound up getting a Federal court judge to see through the scam and grant us an order of repossession.

Despite Federal court orders Signfab refuses to disclose the location of our equipment, stating that a local court in missouri says they can keep it..

In addition to this scam they also went so far as to damage some of the equipment and to make a false claim to the freight companies insurance company and collected more money this way.. We have photos of the equipment before Brian as one ex employee put it "beat the sh*t out of it with a hammer to make it look damaged" we have forwarded our photos to the insurance company.

These guys at Signfab are a real piece of work. I would encourage anybody to becareful if dealing with them. There is a long list of people

making reports of warning on the sign boards but the posts keep being removed. (It seems Signfab is an advertiser on one of the boards)..

Do not let any posts from Brian or Candy lead you to beleive these guys are anything other than what we have come to call modern Bonnie and Clyde. Remember where there is smoke there is fire and Signfab is an inferno..

To take the burden off of the fine admin here, We are setting up a website dedicated to this scam. We will show all evidence of Signfabs scam. You will be able to view everything from lease application, to shipping statements to video our installers took at ID Signs of the equipment operating. We'll show the infamous posts Brian made trying to sell equipment he claimed to the finance company didn't work. Other companies like SVP, VIMO, Mart Financial and more will be welocome to show their proof that they too were taken advantage of by Signfab and Brian and Candy Seibert.

We will show Court Orders, emails, and share phone conversations with the agencys investigating these scum.

For information on the website or if you have any questions please feel free to email me

David Lexington at signfabrippedmeoff@yahoo.com

• 10 months later...