ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

10 Most Dangerous Jobs In America

According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, the list below, in order from most dangerous for the year 2005, shows the on the job accidental fatality rate. The US military is not included. I did a search of the BLS site to see what the statistics were for sign installers/servicemen. (I know of 2 in Cincinnati in the last 2 years.) The only sign related category I could find was sign manufacturers (3 accidental deaths in 2005). I'm surprised by this, because the list is very detailed, even distinguishing between corn farmers and soybean farmers, new car dealers and used car dealers,etc. I was also surprised by what they're calling garbagemen nowadays. Sanitation engineers wasn't good enough?

1. Fishermen and related fishing workers

2. Logging workers

3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers

4. Structural iron and steel workers

5. Refuse and recyclable material collectors

6. Farmers and ranchers

7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers

8. Truck drivers

9. Miscellaneous agricultural workers

10. Construction laborers

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

I thought flying was supposed to be the safest way to travel? How come aircraft pilots are more likely to die than truck drivers? The way some of those truck drivers drive I would certainly think the opposite :blink:

• !llumenati
I thought flying was supposed to be the safest way to travel? How come aircraft pilots are more likely to die than truck drivers? The way some of those truck drivers drive I would certainly think the opposite :blink:

If your learning to drive a truck you can always pull over if you screw up or scared. There's only one way if you mess up flying.

Law enforcement didn't make the top 10????

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Law enforcement didn't make the top 10????

The gawdang guvment has so many tables, etc. that I can no longer find the one I used last night to painstakingly compile this information. But I had the same question last night, and was surprised how low the rate for law enforcement was. It's just that they get so much more press (rightfully so, I guess) when they get killed than the average schmuck on the street. Plus I don't know if they consider cop-killing an accident. That's usually what the perp is trying to do.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

• Board Patron

Aircraft pilots and flight engineers must include the guys who test fly the planes... my dad worked for McDonnell Douglas for years, told me some stories from his inspection days....