ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Point Me In The Right Direction

walks

Hello,

I am looking at a career change in the next few years and I am very interested in the sign market, to be

more specific the dimensional signs. The CNC router tables are pretty impressive with what they can do as

well as their price tags. I’ve done some yard signs over the years with a jigsaw and trace paper, I really

enjoyed the work and the self-gratification when the project was finished.

Anyway I need to get educated in this field and I am looking to start doing some reading. Can a few of you

point me in the right direction of some good books for a newb.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Randy

:mellow:

Tell you what Randy, CNC opened a Whole new world for me. I've been doing electric signs for years, but since recently buying one I want to do other hobby's with it :D . They are bigtime money makers and can make your life so much easier. I just bought a Shopbot CNC Router for everythign included under 20k. Wiring, dust collector, router bits, software. I don't really know anyone else personally who does what I want to do with it, more due to competition. I have one good friend but he mostly uses it for cutting the aluminum for his channel letters with some lite duty lettering. I've mostly been using it for lettering and some interior signs. I jsut bought some V-carving bits and engraving and plan to take some time teaching myself as much as I can. I have no one to teach me so I plan to take a 3 day ArtCam class over at Shopbottools in North Carolina. IMO and I don't have to much experience with it yet but since I bought the router from shop bot and want to learn a software they carry and use I might as well learn from them. I don't think the class is very much either, $500.00 for 3 days, cheap compared to what I will be able to do with that knowledge.

Here's a few pics of my router and what i've done with it.

router.jpg

router2.jpg

IMG_4120.sized.jpg

IMG_4119.sized.jpg

IMG_4122.sized.jpg

So for the power and control you have for under 20k is very nice, I got the 3HP Columbo HF Spindle on mine, and still have not attached the mist cooler yet. It roars through material with ease. I'd peep out their site. :beer:ShopBot Router

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Tell you what Randy,  CNC opened a Whole new world for me.  I've been doing electric signs for years, but since recently buying one I want to do other hobby's with it  :D .  They are bigtime money makers and can make your life so much easier.  I just bought a Shopbot CNC Router for everythign included under 20k.  Wiring, dust collector, router bits, software.  I don't really know anyone else personally who does what I want to do with it, more due to competition.  I have one good friend but he mostly uses it for cutting the aluminum for his channel letters with some lite duty lettering.  I've mostly been using it for lettering and some interior signs.  I jsut bought some V-carving bits and engraving and plan to take some time teaching myself as much as I can.  I have no one to teach me so I plan to take a 3 day ArtCam class over at Shopbottools in North Carolina.  IMO and I don't have to much experience with it yet but since I bought the router from shop bot and want to learn a software they carry and use I might as well learn from them.  I don't think the class is very much either, $500.00 for 3 days, cheap compared to what I will be able to do with that knowledge.

Here's a few pics of my router and what i've done with it.

router.jpg

router2.jpg

IMG_4120.sized.jpg

IMG_4119.sized.jpg

IMG_4122.sized.jpg

So for the power and control you have for under 20k is very nice, I got the 3HP Columbo HF Spindle on mine, and still have not attached the mist cooler yet.  It roars through material with ease.  I'd peep out their site. :beer:ShopBot Router

Westcoast Sign Guy,

Thanks for the reply. it sounds like you have been around the sign industry for a few years. It's nice to see someone excited about what they can accomplish...I call that a passion. I am really just taking a look at this right now for perhaps several years down the road, although I think I would like to start out in my garage to gain some experience and get the passion for the industry. I'm really excited about it right now, but I'll need too take it slow until I get my wings under me and I can make the right moves. Keep us posted here how things are moving along. Thanks again for the reply.

RB