ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ISA 2007 Convention

Well okay where do I begin. Kirstie & I left Thursday night staying at the Borderline town of Primm and that night which was one day earlier than our plans we stayed at "Whiskey Pete's" only $22.95 a night :thumbs: WOOHOOOO!!!! By morning we left to our destination of "Excalibur" which was our first time there, was nice. Nice room nice shower. We came up to the convention hall at around 1pm or so, first meeting up with Guido (RocketDesigns) and strolling throughout the convention and getting recognized by Sean (Fishing Nut) at his EGL Booth. Then I was really suprised to be seen by Remy (Ray of Light)who somehow saw me in the middle of all those people. As we all conversed I then got a call from John (JPItalia) who had just entered and met up with us as well. We then of course wandered to the "Free Beer" bar located within the "Cyro" booth :fnd (8): . We then walked more and I got a chance to meet Joe (TechnoLuxGuy) at his booth.

We didn't get a chance to tour the grounds that day see all that I wanted to see due to time, before we knew it it was almost 5pm and time to find the "Burger Bar". We raced back to our room and changed shoes, just a little over 5pm we got there and I was starting to feel sick from a crappy "Budweiser" beer I had from the Cyro bar. I had to have a bud because they just ran out of Heineken and Corona which they later restocked. There is a reason why I don't drink a bud and it came back to haunt me. So anyway It sucked for me as I was concentrating not to yack on the table. Wait let me back up here a sec. As I we arrived at the Burger Bar I was met by Brad (BSB4neon) and his wife which was also a nice surprise. I also got a chance to meet "Neon Cowboy" :cowboy: the one with the famous neon XXX pic :P and a few of his lady friends. We had a table for 15 but still needed a bigger table. Guido and family, Remy came by, Sean almost missed us, I forgot to make a sign for our table so we might have been missed by more people. Tim (Pro Sign & Graphics) and his wife stopped in as well, two other couples also did but it was a quick "Hi just wanted to say Hi!" Sorry I never got the names, I was still concentrating on my situation from the "Bud". I also missed the "We just got kick out of our Hotel room!!!" and quick exit from Sean (Fishing Nut) because I was in the mens room trying to take care of my Budweiser problem. Sorry I was downer or didn't get a chance to chat more ( I think Kirstie did enough chatting for the both of us as always anyway :P ) but I will NEVER drink BUD again, I'm a dummy for reattempting. A little while later I finally took care of my problem and felt better :puke: and was ready to get my drink on! But by that time almost everyone was gone :bawling:

So that night Kgirl, Guido, John and I strolled Luxor and Mandaley Bay in search of what ever trouble came out way :gathering:

I'll post more soon, here's some pics.

Kirstie & Remy discussing mega pixel technology on phones

isa1.jpg

Joe and Guido

isa2.jpg

The Burger Bar Meet (Left to Right: Guido & Wife, Kirstie, Brad & Wife, Remy & Sean)

isa3.jpg

Neon Cowboy at the end with his lady friends, doing magic tricks with Guido's daughter

isa4.jpg

isa7.jpg

Kirstie on the slot

isa8.jpg

John watching all the money disappear

isa9.jpg

Boy do I look tore up in front of House Of Blues

isa10.jpg

Guido, John & I

isa11.jpg

Don't ask!!!

isa12.jpg

Kirstie with my Cigar case

isa13.jpg

Kirstie with her makeshift Strapon

isa14.jpg

Listening intently to Guido's Childhood stories, lol

isa15.jpg

Guido in great depiction

isa16.jpg

All and all it was very nice to put a face on familiar and new names. I wanna find out how Remy's time was over at the Hard Rock Cafe along with Neon Cowboy, sorry I wasn't able to physically make it :P I tried to catch up with John from Ventex but he was never around, I think John was on a table somewhere while everyone else was working the booth :sml (26):

Well I'd love to meet you all again for the next one, count me in to make a point to be at them all from now on. I'm really looking forward to Orlando now!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

We are back.....

I wanted to say that I really enjoyed meeting and talking with all of you....

I had so much fun....

I really wanted to say sorry to "fishing nut".....I got really really tashed and I did not think it would had been a good idea for me to attend the after party......that would had been a bad scene...funny to us with good sense of humor, but others may not had liked it.

Erik and I are going to try and get a booth next time...we had so much fun....

"Ray of Light"...I had tons of fun talking to you....we need to meet again and have some more drinks.....next time bring the wife....

"Rocket Design"....OH MY GOSH...... the things I have learned about you.....thank god we live so close by......need to see some actions.

I had fun getting to know one of my husbands long ago pally pal heads......

"John" from Florida...wow.......long time my friend...we will meet again in Orlando if not sooner.....

"Bsb4neon"....I want to see baby pictures when the new arrival hits town.....I just loved your wife.......

To everyone else who did not go, you missed out......

• !llumenati

Man, Tore up from the floor up. Thank god that coctail waitress stopped coming by our table at the lounge. I was just beginning to freefall into a drunken coma! I must of felt like I was at confession...only my wife knows half the things I spilled on Friday night. I'm glad we were able to stick around the extra night and hang with all you peeps. Thanks for making me and my family feel at home.

• !llumenati

Sounds like lots of you guys, and girls, had lots of fun!!!!!!!!! That's great----I always enjoyed going to the ISA shows, met lots of folks that I could call friends.

So------------what all was at the show taht was new, exciting, different, bought, freebies---------------or just plain interesting that you're going to tell us about. You met Joe at Tecnolux----------were you able to meet David ABlon?? How bout hthe suppliers that you buy from, -------------tell us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gn

Sounds like lots of you guys, and girls, had lots of fun!!!!!!!!! That's great----I always enjoyed going to the ISA shows, met lots of folks that I could call friends.

So------------what all was at the show taht was new, exciting, different, bought, freebies---------------or just plain interesting that you're going to tell us about. You met Joe at Tecnolux----------were you able to meet David ABlon?? How bout hthe suppliers that you buy from, -------------tell us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gn

Don't know who David is or meet him but as far as freebies well let's just say Kgirl was pushing and shoving all the people out of her way to get the printed cartoon character contour cut substrates fresh off the CNC routers.

I'm trying to think what really wowed me. Well we were looking at a CNC machine for channel letters that was FAST, not only the auto nothing and bending but also the rear to return bond. This heavy machine stamped the two together leaving no need for rivets or welding. This machine was bending what looked like .125 or .090 returns with nooooo problem. I didn't even bother picking up a brochure on this because it's no where in my ballpark. Some of the bucket and crane trucks of course, Elliot had me :drool:

The second day Saturday is where I got to see it all, Friday was just :BlahBlah::BlahBlah: :BlahBlah: So pretty much Saturday was our tour day. I got to talk to the UL guys because I had some future business concerns that just got alleviated. I didn't really see anything new but all the large format printing was impressive.

But the Multi-cam large table CNC Machines were very impressive in size and speed using servo's for movement compared to my pinion gearing, I did pick up freshly cut samples of ALuminum and acrylic and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I saw a little better cut quality than mine on those subs but not much, I think only I would have noticed it. But never the less the shear size and weight, vacuum hold down was Impressive! what also falls in the same lines was the speed conveyor belt CNC tables used to quickly scan printed substrate registration marks and quickly cut with automation, using suction cups to load and quickly throw off.

GUido told me about some easy access tranny boxes that I never got to see that I wish I would have, wonder if he got the name on those. For the printing, well they keep getting better and better and cheaper and cheaper.

Supplier wise I didn't really go out of my way to meet anyone because they weren't names of the people I usually deal with. My guys are more local and these were the corporate guys I guess, no names looked familiar. I was more interested in the people who visit this board, or people who I've had some contact with one way or another. I saw some local shops in my area too.

I looked at a set up TFT Octopus that we have discussed here in some detail, I might use it down the road should an application call for it.

My big thing here was not the booths, the products or exhibits it was meeting the people from this board. That is the only reason why NOW I would go year after year now, that the only true value I get out of it. If I can personally meet more and more of you year after year then that justifies me going out.

I have to say Sean and Remy are a riot! I'm just sorry I did not get a chance to talk to Brad, Tim of the "Neon Cowboy" more, but all very nice people, but hey! That's what next time is for right???

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Just wanted to sorry for missing everyone at the Burger Bar. Got trapped into another party.

Hoped you would walk by my booth but did not see any of you go by. Still recooping.

Hope to try to do it again when you all come down here to Fl. next year.

Hoped you would walk by my booth but did not see any of you go by. Still recooping.

LOL I would have but I don't even know who it is you work for :lol_hitting:

• !llumenati

David, that I mentioned, is Tecnolux------------the company that makes the siliflex and caps that you now like.

The CNC bending machine for channel letters------thsoe are nice. Easy to see how sets of letters can be turned in a day to ship out, and easy to see why and how they sell the letters so cheap.

If you stopped by TFT---you probably saw Ignac Capot. Hopefully the folks at UL knew what they were talking about.

Sounds like fun------------and lots of walking, and drinking. So, did Kgirl lose all your money on the slots? And did your cute sister make it the party to meet everyone.

gn

Sounded like more fun than mowing the law and picking up dog pooo! :eek13: However I did get my drink on! :beerchug: It was just with my wife and dogs and in the back yard

:smilie_auslachen:

Oh well there is always next year

Dave, no not really. As much as I think it's a big deal I don't think it's a big deal yet as far as the market is concerned. Vermont being so small, I think it will become a bid deal when the NEXT state decides to make the plunge into stupidity. Most conversation was completely off Industry to be honest :P

• !llumenati

Most conversation was completely off Industry to be honest :P

Noooo, I can't imagine that. Drinks and wild women and some nice folks all around you--------and you didn't want to discuss signs??? Shame, shame.

gn

• !llumenati

"GUido told me about some easy access tranny boxes that I never got to see that I wish I would have, wonder if he got the name on those. For the printing, well they keep getting better and better and cheaper and cheaper."

Here it is. They also had some other stuff like toggle switches that they claimed were special for some reason or another....over my head...or interest at the time.

CCF04162007_00001.pdf

Holy SHiz I just leared that I can click the "reply" on different posts and reaply back on one post. Learn something about your own site erveryday.

Most conversation was completely off Industry to be honest :P

Noooo, I can't imagine that. Drinks and wild women and some nice folks all around you--------and you didn't want to discuss signs??? Shame, shame.

gn

Not really ashame. I think it's all on the settings, had it been a meeting at a shop or been a neon party as talked about, the discussion would have been different. It may have been different on each person but I was more curious and wanted to know about the individual more than shop talk. I had some good discussions and learned a lot from Remy, some on what he does but I enjoyed more learning who he was and about the area where he lives. I can always have shoptalk here. But Vegas being Veags it was a distraction and where everything moved fast, I have to say I went fast and I'm looking more forward to Orlando than I will Vegas ever again. Way to much distraction. To give you an example, I've talked to Guido quite a bit in person and on the phone and worked with him, but this was the first time I think where we just talked about everyday shit non-sign related and it was fun, I had a blast. It's nice to "go away" and "get away" if that makes sense. To me we all have discussions here, these days away I got to learn who the person behind the name was and I took more away from it that way.

This board means a little more to me now, than before I left.

"GUido told me about some easy access tranny boxes that I never got to see that I wish I would have, wonder if he got the name on those. For the printing, well they keep getting better and better and cheaper and cheaper."

Here it is. They also had some other stuff like toggle switches that they claimed were special for some reason or another....over my head...or interest at the time.

Thx Guido, I've actually worked on a couple of these quarky things at times they do make it a little easier to get your hands in and out.

• !llumenati

Guess I should have put a smilie after my "shame, shame" so you''d hear the sarcasm.

Personally, non-sign talk is always fun. I mean, do you really think that if I'd been there, with Kgirl, that we'd have discussed signs??? NOT. i'd want to find out what she's REALLY like-------------------

Great idea on the tranny box------I swear I"m still missing skin from my knuckles. Just don't mount the switch on the removeable part !!!

gn

• !llumenati

It was definitely cool getting to know some of y'all on a personal level. What better place than Vegas? Everyone was super cool, and made me feel at home regardless of my low level of electrical knowledge. It was cool to see there are people in the industry who operate differently...some technologically savy, while others just old school, hands-on style. The best part, I would agree, is that we were able to just shoot the shit about whatever, and not feel like you had to act a certain way...as I certainly proved :P Shoot, I didn't even offend K-girl with my life's stories!

Guess I should have put a smilie after my "shame, shame" so you''d hear the sarcasm.

Personally, non-sign talk is always fun. I mean, do you really think that if I'd been there, with Kgirl, that we'd have discussed signs??? NOT. i'd want to find out what she's REALLY like-------------------

Great idea on the tranny box------I swear I"m still missing skin from my knuckles. Just don't mount the switch on the removeable part !!!

gn

Funny talking about the sign industry...some guys in Led booths started to talk to me about signs and what I do... I was like..umm yeah I know what ya mean....and just BS my way through the conversation...I would be very good at sales.....

I was kicking Erik in the butt so that I can go play slots that were on the floor under us.....he was not having it....

It was way cool talking with all the different folks..and yes...I learned some things too...shocker I know>>>>>>

GN, you missed so much fun...maybe next year we can do some talking...ya know what I mean...hee hee

It was definitely cool getting to know some of y'all on a personal level. What better place than Vegas? Everyone was super cool, and made me feel at home regardless of my low level of electrical knowledge. It was cool to see there are people in the industry who operate differently...some technologically savy, while others just old school, hands-on style. The best part, I would agree, is that we were able to just shoot the shit about whatever, and not feel like you had to act a certain way...as I certainly proved :P Shoot, I didn't even offend K-girl with my life's stories!

Rocketdesign...you are way too cool.....only if your wife heard the things come out of your mouth...and that thing you were puffing on....ahhh...smelt like you know what...poo......

You had me laughing on the ride home......you and your wife and Erik and I need to meet up again since we all live so close by...I was soooo sad that I did not get to chat up with your wife more...since ya' all brought the kids along....shame on you....

Next time leave the angels at home....things get a little R-Rated with us....know what I mean jelly bean.....

• !llumenati
Rocketdesign...you are way too cool.....only if your wife heard the things come out of your mouth...and that thing you were puffing on....ahhh...smelt like you know what...poo......

You had me laughing on the ride home......you and your wife and Erik and I need to meet up again since we all live so close by...I was soooo sad that I did not get to chat up with your wife more...since ya' all brought the kids along....shame on you....

Next time leave the angels at home....things get a little R-Rated with us....know what I mean jelly bean.....

Heh! Definitely know whatcha mean. We'd love to hang out again! The fact that the kids were with us certainly changed the complexion of our trip...but it was fun, nevertheless.

I did neon cove lighting jobs at 9 Marriott hotels up until a couple years ago. After the first 3, the plans were changed enabling me to put the transformers directly in the cove. I had custom transformer boxes made for the 14 - 75/30's on each of those jobs. The one piece cover consisted of both the top and the front of the box. I knew I should've had that box patented.

Actually since then I've seen that Westrim makes one also (though it's not listed for wet). The one pictured below more closely resembles the one I used at Marriott.

post-181-1176770904.jpg

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

gn

Before UL listed transformer boxes were available, there was a local company that made them for the industry. As far as I know, they no longer make them. It's a big sheet metal shop, and probably didn't want to hassle with UL. The unique thing about these boxes was, I swear they sharpened the edges before they sent them out. Like you, Gary, the backs of my hands have had more skin replaced than all other parts of my body combined. Even Westrim's box doesn't have the edges treated. That would probably add another buck to the price.

I want to comment on your last sentence, but will do so in the electric signs forum.

joemomma

1946-2008

ILEVEL ALERT!!!!!!!!! (stacked posts, not content)

I am really envious that I was unable to make the trip to Vegas to meet my Syndicate family. I'm also glad that everybody had such a great time, even if you don't remember the half of it. I make a solemn vow right now to be in Orlando next year.

Guido, make sure you bring some of them special California cigarets with you.

joemomma

1946-2008

well.... back again. after about 12 ours off flight and a 2 our stop-over in Washington.

I’ll be catching up about a week of sleep.

I think all together I slept about 20 ours in total on 6 day period :dizzy: flying suck's I can't sleep on plains...

Vegas was intense but I am glad to be out of the insanity.

on a personal level it was to short, I would have loved to talk to everyone some more.

i might have to come to the Orlando show....and bring the wife. (without the kid…)

After our meet at the Burger bar we (neon cowboy and his crew) went to the Arlon party at the Hard-rock café.

It was a cool setting, lots of free drinks and food. I reunited with the Dutch sign people group I was traveling with and some of us went to the double down café. Some kind of urban decay café for goth chicks, bohemians, punks, rockabilly greasers and regular joes.

The neon cowboy fitted right in… :crazy:

The next day someone had hired two ford mustang’s for a trip to the Hoover dam.

It was my last day in town and after some fast shopping for gifts to bring to the home front,

I didn’t have any time left to hook up with some of the people I met. :damm:

I hope to see some of the same faces and some new ones the next time ...and who knows i might even bump into someone in Holland, whenever you are interested in a trip to the Heineken breweries or other quality local beers that don't make you :puke:

Kirstie, keep me posted on your new day care center and Giudo when ever your wife makes a fortune on those Light-bulbs you won't have to look far for a European distributor :P

it was great to meet you and talk to you at the arlon party. which was too much fun and i have pictures too that i'll post at a later time. i heard about the neon cowboy (scotty) getting kicked out of the double down.... if only i would have stayed 10 more minutes i could have pictures of that. now that we know about the syndicate scotty and i will be checking it out. scotty already posted some pics. i can't wait to check out the arcade when i get a chance. time to get back to the fires and make up for time off and the money i lost gambling (i'm horrible!)

take care

amber

After our meet at the Burger bar we (neon cowboy and his crew) went to the Arlon party at the Hard-rock café.

It was a cool setting, lots of free drinks and food. I reunited with the Dutch sign people group I was traveling with and some of us went to the double down café. Some kind of urban decay café for goth chicks, bohemians, punks, rockabilly greasers and regular joes.

The neon cowboy fitted right in… :crazy: