ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Carbide Hole Core Bits

Anyone have a online source for some good carbide saw tooth hole coring bits for say 1-1/8" x 2.5" or 3" length? My local suppliers are a pain to deal with, they don't seem to know their left from right hand

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Carbide hole saws are generally used in Stainless Steel or Ceramic tile, so I would think that they'd be available at Home Depot or Lowes, but if not, a plumbing supply house should have what you're looking for. I have no on-line references for you, though. Sorry.

If you're just looking for a good, general purpose, deep hole saw, I used to use Milwaukee, but have switched to Rigid. They seem to last longer, and when cutting through thick iron, including I-beams, the job isn't as difficult as with other brands. They clean out a lot easier also.

Edited by joemomma

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

My bad, this is a coring bit to go thru stucco.

Here's an example of what I'm jiving about

post-3-1180058939.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

My bad, this is a coring bit to go thru stucco.

Here's an example of what I'm jiving about

That's what I was talking about. By stucco I imagine you mean EIFS. It usually has styrofoam behind it and either plywood or some kind of drywall. The EIFS will eat up even a carbide bit or hole saw. We use paddle bits (speed-bore bits) for that for a couple reasons. They're cheaper. And, before you start your drill, you can push the bit past the EIFS so the cutting edge of the bit is not contacting the EIFS. It's a little messier than a hole saw, but much quicker.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

• Board Patron

We also had no luck finding them in our area.We order them from Starrett Co. out of Athol,Massachusetts (978)249-3551 & they are shipped thru J.W.Donchin Co. out of Chicago IL. (773)261-2865.They usually ship UPS or FedEX & have been a reliable source for us.We mainly use them for drilling through tile mostly in mall letter installs.The 1" we buy is part #D0100 HO/S,1" Diamond.Havent had to purchased any in a couple of years.Hope the phone # is still a valid one.

DT--

By stucco I imagine you mean EIFS.

I grew up in the sign trade knowing EIFS (pronounced eefis) as Dryvit.

In case some were wondering Dryvit was the first manufacturer in the states. So they got the default name for a couple of decades. Now this system is called Externally Insulated Finishing System or EIFS.

We are having big problems with this stuff down here. We get 2 1/2" to up to 8" of this shit on the exterior of walls that are up to 36" of solid concrete.

Bullshit...

Double Post...

I use either the paddle bit pushed through the outer layer or more often I'll use an older bit in my Hilti TE 25. I then switch to the appropriate drill for the underlying substrate.

This bit is mostly used for the plain ol stucco over plywood. Don't think I've run into much of that Dryvit stuff. But thses coring bits go thru stucco like a hot knife thru butter. I use to always use those carbide grit bits, but those don't last too long.

Thx for the phone number and ebay link!

• 9 months later...
  • Board Patron

those hole saws are made by relton you need the hard plastic/ stucco. they are not cheap. you can get them from mytoolstore.com

great forum by the way

those hole saws are made by relton you need the hard plastic/ stucco. they are not cheap. you can get them from mytoolstore.com

great forum by the way

Enrique, you are THE MAN!!!!! Believe it or not I'm still looking for this bit. I still have the same bit with 3 teeth left :P

Welcome to the board! :Welcome2: