ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Love This Drill

Love this drill. I finally broke down and got one mainly for hanging simple sings and banners. I usually have the corded variations of this hammer drill but after using my other 12volt cordless (non-hammer) and taking forever to drill into a stucco wall, enough was enough. I don't wanna have to have two drills, look for power e.t.c. and wow does the battery last a lontime.

I also got the new version Dewalt radio for christmas, my old one finally took it's licks. It has a AUX slot like the old one but has better sound thanks to Fosgate who makes the audio components. The AUX makes it easier to plug into my ipod for music on the jobsite. Even better now ipod has an adapter so you can broadcast out your music in FM and tune into with any radio to listen to it. So no more stero cord, works in the car too.

post-3-1108150666.jpg

post-3-1108150727.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 4 weeks later...
Love this drill.  I finally broke down and got one mainly for hanging simple sings and banners.  I usually have the corded variations of this hammer drill but after using my other 12volt cordless (non-hammer) and taking forever to drill into a stucco wall, enough was enough.  I don't wanna have to have two drills, look for power e.t.c.  and wow does the battery last a lontime. 

I also got the new version Dewalt radio for christmas, my old one finally took it's licks.  It has a AUX slot like the old one but has better sound thanks to Fosgate who makes the audio components.  The AUX makes it easier to plug into my ipod for music on the jobsite.  Even better now ipod has an adapter so you can broadcast out your music in FM and tune into with any radio to listen to it.  So no more stero cord, works in the car too.

:iagree:

I just got the same hammer drill and I agree - it's AWESOME! Had an 18v Grizzly that was OK, but this DeWalt ROCKS!!!!!!!!

The Lettering Guy

:pepper:

• 3 months later...

I've had a DeWalt cordless hammer drill for a couple years. It worked so well I took the Milwaukee corded off the truck. The DeWalt really does the trick. But there are still some bricks out there that no hammer drill can penetrate easily, and for that I rely on my Milwaukee Falcon Roto Hammer for anything from 3/16" to 1" drill bits. It weighs about the same as the DeWalt 1/2" cordless hammer drill and is also a joy to use.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

• 6 years later...
  • Board Patron

I have several of these drills. While they will never take the place of my Hilti, they are great for a few tapcons, etc. Next time get one of kits. I have bought several and the last one included the hammer drill and the impact driver for about $75 more than the drill alone. The driver is much lighter but still powerful enough to set lags, drive 4" screws, etc. Of course then you'll need the saws-all, light, angle grinder, etc. At last count I think I have four chargers and 9 or 10 batteries plus loads of tools. My only prob with Dewalt is that the batteries wear out after a few years of hard use.

Hmm, I don't have the radio. That will go on MY xmas list this year!

NOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!

Don't bring up that old post From 2005!!!

Though those are my own words, since then I've shy'ed away from DeWalt and since gone back to Makita. However, Hilti is the Bomb!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

OMG. For some reason my browser showed this as a current thread. Sorry about that. BTW - I still like Dewalt better than Makita, but I'm well known to be quite weird. ;)

I went from Makita to DeWalt, then the newer Dewalt tools started to take a dump on me with having to send them out for repair, so I went back to Makita JUST as far as cordless drills were concerned of course. Most of what i have is the black label DeWalt, and a few Hilti tools too

• Board Patron

For cordless either Milwaukee (5 year warranty-longest there is besides Hilti) then Bosch very good. Dewalt for me just won't hold up.

Electric - Hilti hands down then Milwaukee and we have a very very old Black and Decker spline hammer drill that is a beast.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I have a Dewalt cordless bone yard at my shop. I've switched to the Makita with the lithium batteries. The packs I bought also have an impact drill with them. The guy's love them. Only have had 1 battery go south in the last 18 months or so.

• Board Patron

Makita and Hilti, survives the Canadian weather on most careless employees. all drills and impact drivers over 6 years old.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Way back in the day we used to use Makita cordless 9.6 volt. They were pretty cool and ahead of the game but sucked compared to today's stuff. We to switched to Dewalt. They really went down in quality. We now use Bosch. Makita,and Metabo. We used to have a bunch of 60$ corded shop drills that were all Dewalt. Had 8 or so of them that lasted for years. Sadley Dewalt has turned from industrial to hobby/home quality of tools. The last of them finally died. I have been replacing them with every kind of drill and nothing last more than a half year or so. What seems to last the longest currently is the Bosch drills. Remember the old gorilla and the luggage commercials? That is our shop guys and equipment. If any mfg. thinks they have a tuff tool send it to use and we can show how quick it can be broken.