ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Requesting Advice on Repair or Replace Sandblast Sign

I have a client that is president of their neighborhood ??? committee of some sort. They had some signs made for the 2 entrances of their subdivision about 5 years ago. He asked about gold leaf. Also asked about reflective letters as they claim sign hard to read at night even with 2 lamps supplying illumination.

They are not happy that the signs have only lasted 5 year and are pealing. (what should the life expectancy be on this type of sign?)

He has approached me to either restore or replace these signs. Now as much as we have the equipment and I believe the know how to recreate these signs. I have never done one and do not know how much to charge. I will either make new ones if I feel confident that my guys can handle it. Otherwise I will sub the job to someone I know that can. I will post some photos and specs below and would really welcome anyone's input on how they would handle this quote and how much they would charge. I would like to do this in house and gain the experience on this type of sign. But the customer comes first and will do what ever I feel is in his best interest.

2 signs - do not know what type of wood there are, but they have been sandblasted and painted.

each 2 sided sign panel is about 34" high at center by 94" wide

post-248-1182803612.jpg

post-248-1182803787.jpg

post-248-1182803816.jpg

Sincerely, Fred

Call-Tech Signs

signs@csnd.com

It's been 20 years since I've done any sandblasting, but I don't think the technology has changed that much. If you're not set up for sandblasting expect to pay for some equipment including, besides sandblasting equipment, a nice table saw, planer, and a clamping table. You'll have to have a separate room for nothing but sandblasting, I imagine, and make sure you know the proper method for clamping and gluing. Clear redwood is what we used most, then cedar, though probably any wood can be used for sandblasting. We did a sign in Cypress once. It was like sandblasting rubber.

Hope this helps.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

If nothing else, is there anyone here that is near me (Waterford, MI) (Southeast, MI) that would be interested in doing this job for me and for how much? I have to give a quote to the board on Wednesday, so Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will be calling around and getting quotes to get this done. Once I get an idea of what a job like this is worth and come up with a quote to give to the board, then I will have more time to work out all the details.

Sincerely, Fred

I have a client that is president of their neighborhood ??? committee of some sort. They had some signs made for the 2 entrances of their subdivision about 5 years ago. He asked about gold leaf. Also asked about reflective letters as they claim sign hard to read at night even with 2 lamps supplying illumination.

They are not happy that the signs have only lasted 5 year and are pealing. (what should the life expectancy be on this type of sign?)

He has approached me to either restore or replace these signs. Now as much as we have the equipment and I believe the know how to recreate these signs. I have never done one and do not know how much to charge. I will either make new ones if I feel confident that my guys can handle it. Otherwise I will sub the job to someone I know that can. I will post some photos and specs below and would really welcome anyone's input on how they would handle this quote and how much they would charge. I would like to do this in house and gain the experience on this type of sign. But the customer comes first and will do what ever I feel is in his best interest.

2 signs - do not know what type of wood there are, but they have been sandblasted and painted.

each 2 sided sign panel is about 34" high at center by 94" wide

post-248-1182803612.jpg

post-248-1182803787.jpg

post-248-1182803816.jpg

Sincerely, Fred

Call-Tech Signs

signs@csnd.com

I would remove the signs and have them surface planed. The paint on the wood grain does not appear to be peeling. Seal them, and paint them using some contrasting colors. Your local sign supplier should have sign life, a sealant that I usually use prior to lettering.