ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

For all who love fine cars

To my friends who appreciate a fine automobile.

You never know what may be lurking behind Door #2.

A New York man retired, wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it

would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 yrs.; the owner and wife

both had died, and there were no heirs. The house was sold to pay taxes.

There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and

they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to

see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property

anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the place.

The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth,

they moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn.......curiosity was

killing him.

So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of

grinders.......and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...............?

Go to; http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

and start wishing it had been you who bought the place.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Holy S

What do you think the overall value of that is?????

Get rid of the cars and you have a nice building for a shop.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

To my friends who appreciate a fine automobile.

You never know what may be lurking behind Door #2.

A New York man retired, wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it

would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The modest farmhouse had been vacant for 15 yrs.; the owner and wife

both had died, and there were no heirs. The house was sold to pay taxes.

There had been several lookers, but the large barn had steel doors, and

they had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to

see what was in the barn, and it wasn't complimentary to the property

anyway......so, nobody made an offer on the place.

The NY guy bought it at just over half of the property's worth,

they moved in, and set about to tear in to the barn.......curiosity was

killing him.

So, he and his wife bought a generator, and a couple of

grinders.......and cut thru the welds.

What was in the barn...............?

Go to; http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

and start wishing it had been you who bought the place.

When you said "barn" I was thinking "old wood barn". That is some barn!

As for the contents, I think it is safe to say that the retirees have found something to do with their time. Even if it is just to dispose of the contents it will take a while (sigh).

Guest Don Miner
Damn! Nice find.. it's hard to believe no one ever wanted to open the doors!

TOTALLY UNREAL!! Or as someone once said good things come to those who wait or in this case, Oped the doors! Why not me, Lord?

I was more impressed with the collection of cars than anything anyway, but saddened to see the obvious state they were kept in. But the story begs the question, what if the owner had died with no heirs? I'm sure the authorities would have opened the barn to make sure there wasn't a bunch of dead bodies or nuclear missiles in it. One can still dream though...

• !llumenati

Super Cool! Reminds me of an auction I went to outside of Milan, Italy a few years ago. The story was, that a famous radio show host got popped for tax evasion by the policia, whereby all of his assets were seized by the Italian Feds. Included in his assets were 2 huge warehouses in the countryside of Northern Italy which is surrounded by agriculture, and not much else. Inside the warehouses, they found several vintage automobiles, and literally thousands of very rare vintage motorcycles and scooters.

The feds put up a crappy website with pictures of each item. Surfing it, I found an old Porsche 718 RSK Spider. Further research on the model yielded that only 32 (?) were produced as factory race cars from Porsche. And that the value of a legit RSK on auction would go for no less than $750K on auction. I talked to a good number of people and referrenced several books in order to determine its legitimacy (assuming I was able to view the car in person). I also got together a few investors, who between us all, agreed we would place a maximum bid of $150K. One of the investors, and myself flew to Italy to view the auction, and the car. Upon our arrival we found out that the sale of the RSK, as well as 5 or 6 of the other rarest cars, had been suspended by the Feds. No doubt, someone did some serious greasing. Although we were dissapointed, we knew it was a long shoft from the start, but an opportunity I would have regretted missing if it did sell....and within our bid range, no less.

It was well worth the trip, since we still got a chance to view all of the other vehicles, which was an amazing spectacle in itself! And did a ton of partying...without the wives!!!!

Other items this guy collected included military jets, helicopters, WWII mobile power stations, an dall kinds of other wacky shit! I'm including some pics of the trip, including some night club pics in Monaco where the coronas were $23 us dollars! Also, the real Monte Carlo, where we won a few hundred quick bucks on the cheapest tables they had ($100 per hand!), this helped finance our massive corona drinking binge that night! And a few pics of only a small portion of what was at the auction, our dumb-asses didn't think to bring extra batteries for the camera! Oh, well!

Guido

post-903-1187387631.jpg

post-903-1187387638.jpg

post-903-1187387650.jpg

post-903-1187387659.jpg

post-903-1187387673.jpg

post-903-1187387679.jpg

post-903-1187387689.jpg

post-903-1187387700.jpg

post-903-1187387722.jpg

post-903-1187387731.jpg

post-903-1187387739.jpg