ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Would having a photorealistic sign render for a client help you?

Would having a photorealistic sign render for a client help you?

Hello all,

This is my first post in many months since joining. Ill try to be brief. I spent about 17 years in the sign biz right out of HS. Around 1980 until about 1997.

I then went into television broadcast graphics in 1998 until present. But now I’m back in the sign biz but I still do freelance graphics for TV after working for news in Tampa, Orlando and Houston. My work is seen all over the country with my freelance work.

In the last 5 years I’ve have been doing lots of 3D work. So it came to me last year...why not try to do my 3D work with the sign biz?

I get the best of both worlds. I scratch the graphics AND the sign itch! So this is a new venture for me. But I’m far from new in the business.

My focus will be to create photorealistic renders for sign companies to show to their clients how their new sign will look.

As we all know, TV graphics or signage, the key is quality, turnaround and price. I want to make it affordable to all the sign companies.

I guess this service would benefit the sign companies who have already got a deposit for the work.

So this is what I can do for you. Since I am launching this venture, I have no real world examples of sign renders for clients. I only have my body of work to show what I can do.

You can see with my TV graphics that I didn’t stray far from my sign roots. I have lots of logos, but even better photo real architectural visualizations renders, which I do for clients, just no sign shops yet.

I need a few examples. So I am offering to do a few renders free of charge. This will help me build a client base and give me real examples. I think all Ill be able to do is 3 or 4 right off the bat because I am so busy.

As you can see my VIZ work is much more advanced form my TV work.

All I need is your EPS, or AI files. Id like to do 1 neon, a monument and perhaps a car wrap. But I am open to any ideas or designs.

I don’t know how economically viable it would be to charge someone for a sign that you haven’t sold. I’m trying to figure a way to make that work for sign shops.

This is why I thought that it would benefit clients who have already sold a sign but want that render for approval and to have a selling point for the next client.

But then again, if your company charges for a design layout before making the sale then this is just the ticket you need to make the sale.

So check out my work. This link is some recent samples. There are some logos for broadcast and a few architectural renders so you can see the quality of my work.

The arch renders are the most recent and this reflects what your sign will look like.

This is only a temp link as I am still re-building my graphics site, which will be online in a few days. I only threw this up in a hurry to show examples.

I can turn a render around in a few days and my costs are very reasonable. Volume is what I’m after. Like WALMART 

I hope this theory will hold true for graphics. Great quality at a great price.

I will not share anyone’s designs. Privacy and ethics is my marquee.

If you’re interested email me and Ill send you my phone number so we can talk. I would like to post the examples for all to see.

filmandgraphics@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for reading my painfully long post. I hope you like what you see.

Regards, Chris

http://www.newsgraphicshub.com/index_temp.htm

what youll see;

renders for a local developer for a media room (I love the Beatles so I threw that in there!)

A bedroom

A glass apple…study in lighting and texture

A 3d logo of the Cast Of Beatlemania (DVD and website)

My tv work

http://www.newsgraphicshub.com/

thanks for looking!

Oppps....one more thing I forgot to mention...

I can take a digital photo of the area in question....a building front or maybe the area in the driveway where a monument sign would go...and place the render in this photo in the proper perspective, complete with shaows and the correct lighting so it looks like its inplace!

Oppps....one more thing I forgot to mention...

I can take a digital photo of the area in question....a building front or maybe the area in the driveway where a monument sign would go...and place the render in this photo in the proper perspective, complete with shaows and the correct lighting so it looks like its inplace!

This is basically what we are doing now. However our images are rather genaric compared to your images and what I think you are going for. I could see doing something for big clients that a sign company really wants to impress. When we want to impress we put the illustration on photo paper. I know what you all are thinking, but even we can be high class from time to time.

TEastin

Thanks Travis. Yes I figured that many shops are heading in this direction. I hope to find a market not just in the high dollar shops but the smaller ones as well.

Ive been working with it long enough now that I can offer quick turnaround along with the price and quality. I guess time will tell if it's viable.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by nj3dguy

Hi folks,

I updated my email address from my 'junk mail' to my personal email address which is....

chrissileo@sbcglobal.net

I can also do 3D for LED SIGNS. Animated or still

LOVE THE CHRISTMAS THEME!

thank you for reading

thanks Marion

Edited by nj3dguy

• 6 months later...

We are doing this kind of stuff already with adobe illustrator. I alway sassumed that sign shops had good art people because the two I've worked for did. But I see some drawings from other sign companies in the area and I want to laugh. The sign companies that have the crappy drawings are the bottom feeders though. Cut everybodys prices and spit out a bunch of junk. Back on subject though, I think the sign placed on a pic of the customers building or lot is a good selling point. Really helps them to visualize it and keeps the guessing out of how it will look finished.