ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Corel Draw Guru Needed

My copy of Corel Draw just got a mind of its own. I use Corel Draw to do neon sign samples and pattern work for customers. All of sudden, when I go to export a file it puts in pixels instead of inches. Can someone tell me how to change it back. It is kicken this south georgia redneck's ass. :weld:

I would take a look at the 'save as' box and the 'sort type' box which you should see on the export screen. If this doesnt help detail your procedure and I may be able to better help.

TEastin

As Gerald said, you have to check what unit of measure your workspace is actually using.

I customize my Corel menus and such quite heavily so I don't remember if the Corel default (which you are prob using) has a 'property bar' at the top. If it does, you should have a pull down menu, just to the right of the portrait/landscape page setup buttons, called "Units". Pull this down and select "inches".

If you don't have a "property bar" go to the top menu bar and click "Window > Toolbars" and put a check next to Property Bar. While you're at it, check next to Zoom and Text, as these come quite handy if you drag them and stick them into your upper toolbar.

If your workspace does in fact use inches, then it is your export or save functions that are asking in pixels. It sounds like you are exporting your layouts as JPG files. When you do this, it opens a window that asks you to select a resolution, size, color scheme, etc... In the upper right corner, there is a pull-down menu and you need to make sure you have "Inches" selected if that's how you want to determine the file size.

If the images are going online then you should select 72 dpi. If you want a better resolution for emailing proofs, printing, etc, use 150 or even 300 dpi, though this will make your files much larger and take a little longer to process/email/print, etc... though with today's computers and internet speeds, it's marginal.

Hi David,

I no longer have Version 10 installed so I can not look to see how to do it, but as mentioned above there should be a pull down menu to allow you to convert to inches from pixels. I would recommend you upgrade to Version X3 (13). Well worth the upgrade.