ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Corel Draw Help

I am trying to do a pattern for a neon clock and I am using Corel Draw...have been for years, but this is the first time I have needed to make a negative arch for the copy.

Can someone walk me through the process. I created a circle, typed my first line of copy in, selected both objects and then selected "fit text to path" The copy applied itself to the top of the circle perfectly.... the problem is.... I need to get a line copy to fit to the bottom of the circle on the outside just like the top. HELP :dizzy:

If I understand you right, what is happening is when you Fit Text to Path your letters are coming out upside down on the bottom of the circle. Easy way to do the botton is to type a new text line and then flip the text before you fit it to the path.

If I understand you right, what is happening is when you Fit Text to Path your letters are coming out upside down on the bottom of the circle. Easy way to do the botton is to type a new text line and then flip the text before you fit it to the path.

Freddy,

Thanks for the help, but not sure what you mean. It still moves the text to the top.... I want the copy to have the effect that it sags on the bottom.

There sould be a little red diamond that will allow you to move the text around the circle.

There sould be a little red diamond that will allow you to move the text around the circle.

If you are using X3 Freddy is correct, you will have a little red shape at the bottom left after you 'fit to path'. Left click on this and you will be able to put the text anywhere along the circles path. Keep in mind that if you select 'shift' before moving your mouse the text will stay on the original circles path otherwise the circle will shift larger or smaller as you move your mouse around. Once you get the text where you want it use the mirror tab at the top to flip the text and then use the red shape to finish if needed.

Of course this assumes you are using X3. I dont recall it being this easy in earlier version. Or better yet I just didnt know about this feature in earlier versions. I am sure there is a whole lot of stuff on this program that will never even thinks of using or need.

TEastin

I am trying to do a pattern for a neon clock and I am using Corel Draw...have been for years, but this is the first time I have needed to make a negative arch for the copy.

Can someone walk me through the process. I created a circle, typed my first line of copy in, selected both objects and then selected "fit text to path" The copy applied itself to the top of the circle perfectly.... the problem is.... I need to get a line copy to fit to the bottom of the circle on the outside just like the top. HELP :dizzy:

Go to the "Text Placement" pulldown...select the one that shows the letters at the bottom of the circle. Yeah, I know, it shows the letters upside down, but after selecting that placement select the farthest right small strange looking icon in the Corel header, that one is called "place text on other side"...that will upright your text in the correct position...I am working in Corel 12...Kit