ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Channel Master by Computerized Cutters

Here's an image I got off the internet. I have some pics of the actual Channel Master up for sale, somewhere on my computer. Just can't find them.

accu_formNew.jpg

Here's the deal. My local fabrication guy bought this thing almost a year ago and never got the software to run it. I have the software to run it but I'm not giving up my software dongle. I know the thing runs because I made a few files for him to try out and they worked. He doesn't want the thing taking up his shop space anymore.

He paid 5k for it and will let it go for the same.

The software I have is Sign Lab / Engrave Lab. You would need to buy your own copy, which is upwards of $2,500 if I remember correctly. Could be more, could be less. I bought a plotter at the same time. I suppose there are other programs that will work as well.

And of course you would have to pay for shipping. The thing weighs a ton. If bought locally I could deliver for a couple hundred bucks. Also I suppose I could take my laptop and dongle down there for a demonstration if you wanted to see it in action before buying.

You're getting just the bender? Can't remember, do you have a CNC too or just an engraver?

5K is a good price, it would be nice to have the stapler too. They have that stamper, but not sure if you can use it with poly-carb backs. I do a lot of both.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Can you find out some info, like serial number and what exactly do you get. I would be very interested. I already own one of these. Let me know asap.

I'd be interested also, as I have a guy around the corner that is looking for exactly this sort of gear.

He's already running SignLab/EngraveLab, but from what I remember about these setups - you need 2 or 3 machines, not just one - which is it you have? Some part numbers would probably help.

I'll drop by the shop today and get all the numbers off the Channel Master.

One of the draw backs my guy was going to have was the fact that he doesn't have a cnc router table. So the letter backs and faces would still be getting cut by hand, allowing for human error, which would cause problems with the computer cut returns.

Whoever gets this thing really needs to have the ability to keep everything cut by computer, so the backs, faces and returns all line up correctly.

I'll post the info this afternoon.

WCSG, I'm not getting this thing I'm only helping my fabricator guy get it out of his shop. I wish I could get it, and a ShopBot!!! Unfortunatley, all I have is the engraver still.

Edited by Lane

FYI, Neon Wizard is the reccomended software for this machine. It comes with it when you buy one new. I don't know why but it exports a better dxf file than anything else for this patricular machine. I have tried Flexi, Corel, Illustrator and others but Neon Wizard works best.

Also, this machine only works with fonts that don't have short sarrifs. It needs about 1.3 inches to change direction. The bigger the letter, the better job it does. If you do an Arial font you can probably make a hundred letters a day with it.

Here ya'all go.

The hours read 00174.0.

The model# and Seial# are in the pic.

The table to the left of the machine holds the coil stock and feeds it into the machine. And then there is the tray stand to the right which catches the returns as they come out of the machine.

There is also the original computer (no software) which has its own little matching cabinet. Sorry no pic of that, but it is included.

P1010050.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010054.jpg

Edited by Lane

These are made right down the street from us and are outstanding machines, at least the newest models we have seen are. But as mentioned earlier, you will need the CNC and the Stappler or the Riveter would be a great asset. Not cheap new by any means - this price is a steal. As for Neon Wizard, well, yes it works for letter fill but that's all I will say.

Creating files for this machine is all I use Neon Wizzard for. They package it with all their machines. It has an export function that allows you to seperate lines and polygons ( I think That's how it reads) when you create a .dxf.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of their newer machines and it works great. I sent the pictures of the serial no. tag to the person I talk to there and they tell me this is a notcher / flanger only and does not bend.

Is this machine still available?? give me a call @937-465-0595 or email jerryv@puresportsdesigns.com

thanks

Yes, it's still available. I'll give you a call later this morning.

Geraldi, could you post your contacts name and number at computerized cutters? That way anybody looking to buy this thing will have a good contact to help them make an informed decision, and help getting up and running to it's full potential if they do buy it.

Also, you are correct - this machine doesn't do the bending. But it does dimple where the bends need to be and which direction the bends need to go (i.e., inside corner, outside corner).

I would estimate that it can crank out enough returns in less than an hour that an employee would need a couple days to do the same work.

Edited by Lane

The phone number is 800.310.2887, his name is Jim Whitney. It would really be handy if you make many channel letters. One giuy could do the work of 2 easily. Glueing onn the trim cap is the most time consuming thing now.Wish someone would automate that.

On the subject of autobenders;

Does anyone know a source of good used machines or AFFORDABLE new systems?

I am currently looking for a machine and exploring every option.

As long as the machine works then I'm interested- location is irrelevant- I'll pay crating and shipping to the UK.

Prices in US$ are very attractive at the moment given the strength of sterling so any machine is of interest.

Cheers

Andy

• !llumenati
On the subject of autobenders;

Does anyone know a source of good used machines or AFFORDABLE new systems?

I am currently looking for a machine and exploring every option.

As long as the machine works then I'm interested- location is irrelevant- I'll pay crating and shipping to the UK.

Prices in US$ are very attractive at the moment given the strength of sterling so any machine is of interest.

Cheers

Andy

Go to either signweb, or signindustry web site. Under equpt for sale, in the Chicago area a couple weeks ago, new accubend machine for sale---not just the notcher---the whole bending machine.

gn