ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sign Syndicate So Cal Meet

• Board Patron

Have you guys ever thought about having a meeting to talk shop? Meet at a central point at someones shop?

I though about this the other day. I do this with friend of friends who go to the desert, we meet at a motorcycle shop and talk about quad and bike motors. We also bring things we'd like to sell, sort of a small swap meet

A thought

-Mike

• !llumenati
Have you guys ever thought about having a meeting to talk shop? Meet at a central point at someones shop?

I though about this the other day. I do this with friend of friends who go to the desert, we meet at a motorcycle shop and talk about quad and bike motors. We also bring things we'd like to sell, sort of a small swap meet

A thought

-Mike

Great idea ---- Tomorrow morning here in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, bout 11:00AM. Or we could do next week in Duisberg, Germany. Or Canada at YYZ's place. Or Australia.

Seriously -----------that would be tough to do. That's why the ISA shows are somewhat good for that ------------ till you can't find that short guy YYZ wandering amongst the displays ------------. Now, you guys in Calif could all get together for a abeer with WCSG and his love Kgirl.

gn

• !llumenati

At some sign shows there are Neon parties (when a close shop is available and willing) where glass benders get together to compare burns.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• !llumenati
At some sign shows there are Neon parties (when a close shop is available and willing) where glass benders get together to compare burns.

Right--------thsoe are fun. See who has athe most burn marks on the forearms, etc. Get to see the wizards of the trade perform their stuff. Oftentimes get to see new stuff up close and personal -------- Yesco did it a couple times. What fun!!

gn

I agree with Gary - that's what the shows are for. I mean, we can have an open house or something, but inviting Syndicate users to Toronto is sorta pointless.

We'll be at ISA in Vegas next year and will make sure some sort of after-show thing is planned on one of the evenings - but it will be a YYZ thing - not a Syndicate thing.

• !llumenati
I agree with Gary - that's what the shows are for. I mean, we can have an open house or something, but inviting Syndicate users to Toronto is sorta pointless.

We'll be at ISA in Vegas next year and will make sure some sort of after-show thing is planned on one of the evenings - but it will be a YYZ thing - not a Syndicate thing.

Ah man, does that mean it's only LED talk??????????? Propaganda?????????? Lies??????????? Untruths??????????B.s.????????????? OR -------- can we talk aabout good, pure, clean, long lasting, highly efficient NEON !!!!!!!!!!!!

gn

Some of the statements above sound like the typical industry "do nothings"

That is a good idea JR. But frankly it's a bad idea to have at a ISA event, especially Vegas. Why? Because it's ISA, and second there is just too much to do in Vegas, to many distractions. Hell Kirstie & I were hardly at the show except for the Burger Bar meeting, too busy sinning!

It wouldn't be a LED thing or neon thing, but a sign thing if it was ever done. Away from ISA (bringer of outside influence) the better in my opinion since our other discussion, but open to anyone who genuinely cares.

I think something like this would be very important, and here in California with this possible new legislation floating around. People want the industry to survive and get better? Here is where it could happen. Ideally it would be nice if a few vendors like EGL and Tecnolux, Mercury Re-cycler showed up that would be nice, think of how mutually beneficial that would be. I've never heard of anything like this and it could be a nice start.

I'd buy the kegs (My batches I made of course) and the food. We would just need a Sign shop willing to host.

My CNC maker SHopbot tools holds camps like this all over the US about 12 or more a year and vendors come as speakers along with a few CNC speakers and 8 hours can go like it was 3 hours. Very fun to attend

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Hey Sean, if a good crowd were to show could you, or someone from your company show up? With products in hand? Maybe even small extras to give out as door prizes?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Hey Sean, if a good crowd were to show could you, or someone from your company show up? With products in hand? Maybe even small extras to give out as door prizes?

Well, hopefully, people recognized my comments as being tongue in cheek------------as in humor???

gn

Well, hopefully, people recognized my comments as being tongue in cheek------------as in humor???

gn

Humor! We don't tolerate humor here!!!!

I don't think it would be a problem for shop people showing up but It would be a good thing to have a few vendors show up. Maybe a meeting in the L.A. area. There is a lamp re-cycler there, and I'd like to ask them to show up and speak about the importance of proper disposal.

• !llumenati

Yes, we would be interested in doing something like that. I can mix some fishing, I mean shop visits at the same time.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

Bill from Ventex said he'd show up to help.

Looks like the hard part would be getting someone to volunteer their shop, anyone in So Cal L.A area willing? It will be some really good beer I promise :beerchug:

Bill from Ventex said he'd show up to help.

Looks like the hard part would be getting someone to volunteer their shop, anyone in So Cal L.A area willing? It will be some really good beer I promise :beerchug:

Forget about the beer and food for me and send me a round trip plane ticket (I'll settle for coach) and a decent room for a couple nights and I am there.

TEastin

Forget about the beer and food for me and send me a round trip plane ticket (I'll settle for coach) and a decent room for a couple nights and I am there.

See what more could an out of towner ask for in the summer time than an opportunity to come to Souther California with great weather eye-candy, food and most of all good beer?

Anyone, or vendor care to contribute by speaking and bringing some products? We still need someone who could volunteer their shop, preferably with a neon plant on a Saturday. Chime in or PM me.

Sometime this summer would be ideal.

Hey guys quit lurking and PM'ing me, just chime in with your interest. You damn Lurkers!

Here is a few optional topic I think would be good to discuss

• Neon Installation (Making it last)
  • Good Neon processing procedures
  • Grounding & Bonding
  • Mercury (waste / recycle / keeping the shops clean & safe)
  • Trouble shooting electric signs
  • New Electronic Trans & Ballasts
  • Fighting the extinction & annihilation of Neon :P

Any suggestions?

I have a email list of approx 5k which I'll mass & PM Members, and hit the yellow pages afterward for CA companies to let them know

Awesome, this would be great to attend :thumbs:

I'mmmmmmmm BACK!

All I can say is......it's about godamn time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: War THE SYNDICATES :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

HAHA,

You're still around?

I thought Homeland Security finally made it's way toward you and whacked you quietly in the desert somewhere :cowboy:

I'm kind of thinking private hall or hotel banquet room now, or someone volunteers their shop we can pay them for the use. So far I have a count of 15-20+ people from no real promotion about it from emails or phone calls. I have to start thinking capacity and RSVP only. When details are near being set I'll post a separate thread and update the RSVP number.

I think this will be a badly needed workshop first, and with many to come in the future with no restrictions applied. But, let's get through this one first.

****Update****

Well I have five vendors to discuss and cover the topics. I also think I have the location locked down for here in Sunny San Diego right on the water. I'm hoping to get confirmation of this room over the next few days. :beach::sprt (41)::golfer::wind45:

Once I get the room finalized I will send out flyers to over 5,000 electric sign contacts. Which will lead us to another issue, room capacity will be limited to 300 so an RSVP will be important, and I'll set up a system here to keep that tracked.