ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

'illegal Pinchroll Position' Message.

Gooday all,

Got another problem with my PNC-1000 and I am hoping for a bit of help with the explanation.

While working on the machine to try and correct a previous problem ( http://www.thesignindustry.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=225 ) this new hassle has evolved.

I am getting the 'Illegal Pinchroll Position' message appearing.

The pinchrollers have not been moved at all until this message appeared. I relocated them to see if something would re-set itself but there was no change, and now the rollers are back in the original posion with the message still displayed.

Anyone have any ideas which may clear the message.

Once I get this sorted I can continue on the original problem.

Thanx all

Lance

sherrardl@optusnet.com.au

:bitchin: Oh I hate that about that machine. I use to have to move my pinch roller back and forth 1/16" of an inch at a time till it stopped saying that error message. Damn pain in the ass, that's why I use my roland as a footrest under my desk :swear:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Gooday all.

I am starting to think Pinch Roller Sensor problem with this.

Last night I turned the machine upside down to have a squiz, did nothing and when I turned it on again the ‘ILLEGAL PINCHROLL POSITION’ message had gone. After turning off and on again the message is back.

Something loose, dirty, clogged with scrap or perhaps out of alignment?

Maybe the rollers aren’t in the wrong position, they just think they are.

Does anyone know how to access the roller sensor?

My guess is that it’s under the lower cover in front of the rollers.

I have removed the 2 chrome screws on the top of this cover and the 2 black screws under the cover but it will not come free. Am I missing some type of concealed retainer or am I simply not as clever as my mum told me I was.

Any help in getting at the roller sensor would put you in the position of being most liked forum member, at least for today. Yeah OK.

Again thanks to all for your help

Lance

• 3 years later...
Gooday all.

I am starting to think Pinch Roller Sensor problem with this.

Last night I turned the machine upside down to have a squiz, did nothing and when I turned it on again the ‘ILLEGAL PINCHROLL POSITION’ message had gone. After turning off and on again the message is back.

Something loose, dirty, clogged with scrap or perhaps out of alignment?

Maybe the rollers aren’t in the wrong position, they just think they are.

Does anyone know how to access the roller sensor?

My guess is that it’s under the lower cover in front of the rollers.

I have removed the 2 chrome screws on the top of this cover and the 2 black screws under the cover but it will not come free. Am I missing some type of concealed retainer or am I simply not as clever as my mum told me I was.

Any help in getting at the roller sensor would put you in the position of being most liked forum member, at least for today. Yeah OK.

Again thanks to all for your help

Lance

Hello Lance, did you ever get it solved since i am getting the same error aswell...

Rick

That was my first cutter many years ago also. They get problematic with age and parts are difficult to come by. It sounds like a sensor of some kind may be shot.

Honestly - considering how slow and creaky that machine is - I would take a serious look at upgrading to a new cutter. ANY cutter. You'll wonder how you put up with that thing for so long.

That was my first cutter many years ago also. They get problematic with age and parts are difficult to come by. It sounds like a sensor of some kind may be shot.

Honestly - considering how slow and creaky that machine is - I would take a serious look at upgrading to a new cutter. ANY cutter. You'll wonder how you put up with that thing for so long.

Gooday Rick, yep, eventually.

I'm still not sure what actually fixed trhe pronblem but with some poking about under the top carriage cover I found the flat ribbon cable from the carriage to the PC board was very brittle.

I had my local computer guy make up a new one for me and the problem mentioned dissappeared.

Whether it was the cable of just pushing and shoving, I'll never know I guess.

Since 'the fix', this machine has not missed a beat. I have no idea how many mtrs of vinyl I've put through it but it hasn't owed me anythging for a long time.

YYZ, they are hard to get bits for, and if it has any serious unfixable problem, yep, I'll let it lay around and rest, while I upgrade to something a bit more flash.

Noisy, slow, touchy, it does the job I ask of it so it stays till it's stuffed.

Anyone else still running one of these ?

Lance