ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

ISA 2009 Las Vegas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already met Lot's of members from here in Vegas, looking forward to meeting Lot's more. See you at dicks last resort tonight!!!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Wish I was going. Hope you all have fun. Be safe.

Mike.

Fun?? That's an understatement. Just back, and can say there are really some neat folks here on the signsyndicate. About the only one I knew was Sean from EGL, so I got to meet many great folks. One in particular, strange as hell, but would a nice young kid !!!!!!!!! And I'm sure he knows who he is--------. Really, truly ha a passion for the industry and does some of the most phenomenal work I've ever seen.

Great conversations with most ------ but, damn, I really ran out of time and didn't get much talk with Eric and Kgirl --- I really think he was hiding her from me. Sly dog, that he is !!!!! And lastly, for those of you that haven't had the chance to meet Maneul Lynch ---- great host, and definitely not what I expected. I would have loved to had more one on one time to just chat ---------. For thsoe that were there --- and hadn't, over the years, attempted, or been in a position to "meet and greet" others ------ its a need that everyone needs to do more of, the benefits of having that knowledge in the form of someone that you already know is incredible. I really wish that our good friend Telford could have made it -------.

Great trip, good times, and I hope that the other attendees will jump in a say what they got out of the show !!

For those that couldn't make it ---------- I missed meeting you.

gn

Where do I start off on this. Well I'm not! I'm going to post a bunch of pics and get back to you on how our trip went.

This has to have been one of the bests trips I have ever been on. The people, the atmosphere, the settings, could not have been more perfect. I truly enjoyed everyone's company and conversations. I really felt like you all were longtime friends even though I & most of us had met for the first time in person. I had an ABSOLUTE ball the entire time, and most of the time it was just non stop laughter. Marko, I hope you tell your Airport story here on the forum, that is one of the funniest stories I've heard in a while.

I was glad to finally meet a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of members from this board (60+) and too many to rattle off, but you know who you are. The conversations we had were priceless, I would have been truly missing out had we not made this trip, it will only get better in future events. Those who did not make it, you REALLY are missing out!

I think our conversations we all had about having regular meets should become a reality and NOT just wait around for an ISA or other sign event, I would like to have our own Sign Syndicate Meet again in San Diego at least once a year (At LEAST), I can book it again at Marina Village in Mission Bay right next to the water and bring all three Great White Hope Cabinets along with other projects that we will be holding, At the meet hold short seminars put on by a few vendors. There is so much more to be learned by who we surround ourselves with here at the Sign Syndicate that you won't learn from a convention or other venue.

Another point I'm very happy about, and that is all the feedback that I heard about our site here, The Sign Syndicate.com. A lot of people gave me back that fire, that fire you get in your belly that greatly motivates you to do things and take things to the next level. I can't name names because of companies or associations they belong to, but over this weekend they helped fuel that FIRE that motivates me to continue what it is I try and make this site about. I heard quite a few things indirectly or in passing (funny people didn't know who, or it was my site they were talking about), especially about our project "The Great White Hope", now that was a motivator! I also learned by having The Sign Syndicate, the site has saved many companies, thousands and THOUSANDS of dollars in product evaluation, thread warnings about various companies and of course our Great White Hope project.

I love meeting and talking to people about the trade and about our personal lives, this time spent is again, priceless.

Thank you EGL Sean for your support of this site and having your friendship is, without words. Thank You Manuel & Stephanie of AXIOM, you have to be one of the most entertaining & gracious hosts Kirstie & I have ever had. I enjoyed dinner, it was very personable and more that just dinner with acquaintances, but more like Good LONGtime friends even though it was out first meet. Brian & Laura, you guys are a BALL, we NEED to hang out again and often! Garett and Holly, glad we finally got to hang out for a first time and yet we live so close! We need to hang out again! Marko, this was nice, finally got meet you in person besides always on the phone or email. Gary, you're a riot, wish I got to hang out and talk to you more but every time I looked for you, you were wrapped up in conversation (or physically) with every women in the room, or your hand was on my wifes ASS! :P Gary, your brother was a very nice man and had some funny stories to tell, hope to see him more too. Lane & Katie, nice of you two come to the meet at Dick's Last Resort and join us for dinner Saturday night, glad we got a chance to meet. I enjoyed our dinner with you and Katie, Brian & Laura, THAT was some funny conversation. Just remember what they say. "What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas!" It was good to see Scott the "Neon Cowboy" & his lady friends again too, Kirstie & I were cracking up from those stories we heard from you at the ISA closing party.

Cathy from Absolute Sign, you had me rolling from our group conversation at Manuel's Private Party, glad you enjoy this site!

Time, Time, Time, wish I had more of it over this last weekend, so much more I wanted to do and say and hear.

Alright, a lot of you threw gas into my bonfire, thank you for that encouragement! Too many people are angry with the way things are in our industry and how "others" run it, I have a few shots I have to fire off over the bough real soon.

New York, New York Hotel Dinner

ISA1.JPG

ISA2.JPG

ISA3.JPG

ISA4.JPG

ISA5.JPG

ISA6.JPG

ISA7.JPG

ISA8.JPG

ISA9.JPG

Dick Last Resort Meet & Greet

ISADIK1.JPG

ISADIK2.JPG

ISADIK3.JPG

ISADIK4.JPG

ISADIK5.JPG

ISADIK6.JPG

ISADIK7.JPG

ISADIK8.JPG

ISADIK9.JPG

ISADIK10.JPG

ISADIK11.JPG

ISADIK12.JPG

ISADIK13.JPG

Axiom Party

ISAMAN1.JPG

ISAMAN2.JPG

ISAMAN3.JPG

ISAMAN4.JPG

ESPN Zone Sport's Grill

ISAESPN1.JPG

ISAESPN2.JPG

ISAESPN3.JPG

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Sorry I missed the show but I had a family emergency and I had to fly back to North Carolina to tend to it. Sounds like a great time. I will not miss the next one!

• !llumenati

Thanks for posting the pics Eric ----------- it'll show everyone the great time they missed!!!!!!!!!! You missed getting a picture of the bartender though ---------

And for all that glossed over the pics -------- you have to go back and look at the boa picture again............closely. The boa was gorgeous......

gn

Edited by Gary Nutting

I think Erik said it all perfectly. Thank your Erik for arranging the various events to come together.

And for all those sign companies that asked...here is the answer.... I DO NOT OWN THIS SITE!!!

I think everyone would be a lot more pleased if there was a few more people like Erik throughout the industry.

Some comments:

1. Sean - you should get a job as stand up comedian. Thanks for helping the folks for the tips on cheating on fishing.

2. KGirl - good conversation about school - dont put up with that "crap" and congrats

3. Erik - good to hear you wanting to do Sign Syndicate meetings in San Diego - Stephanie and I will be in town in June. And congrats on 3!

4. Doug - thank you for making us laugh again and again.

5. Jim Richards - thank you for being the consummate educator.

6. Gary - thank you and your brother for coming - good man.

7. Garrett - you need to get out and share your knowledge more - you blow people away everytime you talk about what you know.

8. Chubby Gumpy - good to finally meet you - and thank you for talking to the other Indiana boys - helped a lot.

9. Brad Pride - I think Snake Babe really liked you...are it least she liked giving you Fellatio

10. Audie - Questions are great - never stop.

post-1448-1240233904.jpg

Hope you enjoyed meeting FELATIO and Snake Babe

post-1448-1240234148.jpg

post-1448-1240234264.jpg

Yes Doug - I am sure being that big would win over more women!

post-1448-1240235099.jpg

And thank you Stephanie for pulling it altogether for the AXIOM party - a lot of people were very thankful for what you put together.

• !llumenati

Survived the show and getting my voice back. It is always a pleasure meeting the people I talk to and putting a face with a name. It was nice to see you again and I didnt get a chance to say thank you to Manuel at the end of the party, you disappeared, Sorry i was late on my arrival time but I got lost at the other Mandalay bay and went up the same tower 2X. You both are truely top shelf hosts :thumbs: Thank Steph for me. Berleive it or not I am quite shy (the quietest out of all my friends in Jersey) but you all seem like long time friends.

How was the flight home Brian, I'll be out to see ya, Erik and K girl it is always nice to see ya and have some laughs. When I'm in town we'll go out and do some real partying, i was being conservative.

Marko and Daisy thanks for being a tour guide after the party, Gary, i've got my feelers out for ya but I wont be mad if you go over to the dark(er) side if need be. Lane, You got balls to ride that far on a bike. Hey K girl. The waitress said she was going to cut me off if I didnt keep up with giving her empties, :P I save one for ya :fnd (1)::thumbs: Congrats as well. To all I also met it is always great to see ya, even the ones who came to the booth incognito to see who I am. I am who I am and I live to have fun. I think it is great that at shows we all let down our guards and just be friends and not competitors, Scotty, maybe I'll get a tat when I'm down there, Maybe.

Count me in for a syndicate meet, ERIK for President.

The most important thing I learned was from UL Jim, Drink Coke or Pepsi when you are about done with liquidating the blood.

I think Dicks should be called Pricks and that bartenders needs to get some, Next time lets do the center of Luxor, Hey Garrett, I think we hurt Chubby he never made it to the show Saturday, You are an amazingly brilliant person, Glad your a neon guy :thumbs: Next time I'm in town I'll show up at your shop at a reasonable time.

I'll post more as it comes back to me.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

holly shit what a blast!!!! Thank you Manual for the thursday night party it was great (I'll post pics soon of scruffy wearing her bling that you gave us) Then the Irish pub great music NOT. Friday night ...what can I say Manuel what an event it is easy to see why you are so successful (you treated me as a good friend even thought I spouted off like a jackass the first time we met on here truly sorry). Sat night with Eric& KGirl, Lane & Katie, that was a hoot! Sean where were you Sat? If you fledgling neon guys want you head to spin get in a group conversation with Sean, Garett and Gary there is some freaking knowledge there!!!! Garett Dude how do you know all that shit (i bet the CIA has a file on you!!!!) I couldn't have cared lees about the show it was meeting all of you that made the plane ride worth it. I hope Lori and I have made some friends for life!!!

Thank you

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

oh I forgot Gary's Brother Rod a gentleman and real class act. Marko and Daisy a pleasure to meet these 2 great people

Hey eric just a thought can you delete all of the pre show posts on this thread so people can get to the juicy stuff right away?

Kgirl congratulations on the TWINS!!!!!!!!

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Katie is down and out for the count this morning. It may be a couple days of recuperation before she gets back to work. That was the longest ride she had ever attempted. She's a trooper.

Just so ya'all know - she and I had a great time getting to meet everybody. And it was more about that (getting to meet the syndicates) than anything else.

We're looking forward to doing it again soon!

oh I forgot Gary's Brother Rod a gentleman and real class act. Marko and Daisy a pleasure to meet these 2 great people

Hey eric just a thought can you delete all of the pre show posts on this thread so people can get to the juicy stuff right away?

Twins? Seriously? Wow we need to talk. Fernando (Permlight) my brother had twins, so did my sister, and so did my younger brother.... that is some serious work.

Congrats.

Now if Chubby is not referring to kid twins but to a lot of the "painted exposed twins"...then...it was interesting.

It's been interesting reading these replies and seeing some photos. I'm sure Manuel has some to post as well.

I'm glad we were able to all meet and spend some time together. It's a lot like Sean said - even for someone who may otherwise be quiet or shy - it's like you were getting together with people you just haven't seen for a while, not people you're just meeting for the first time. It's easy to fall into a familiar group setting and it made the trip much more enjoyable.

Erik - it was great to finally meet you and K-Girl - congrats on the twins. I should be down some time over the next month when I hit LA to get our other projects started.

Gary (and Rod) - no more hide-and-seek at shows since we both know what the other looks like now... though my feelings were terribly hurt that you paid more attention to Daisy than to me ;)

Chubby, Garrett, Lane (and female companions) were all friendly and had quite the glow going. Nice to sit and have drinks with friends away from the hustle and bustle of home, isn't it?

Sean - Next time you're in Toronto, I'll show you around here as well. We'll do A LOT less walking and I won't hire the snake babe (snakebabe.com for those who are interested) but some drinks will definitely be in order to make up for that barrel you bent over at the Venetian bar.

UL Jim - thank you for 20 minutes of marital advice and then learning Daisy is actually married to someone else - that was a priceless conversation. I won't need the drinking advice, but will be sure to tap your expertise in other matters as time goes on.

To the other who don't post here but lurk - it was a pleasure to put some faces to the names, talk a little shop and make some new acquaintances. My ear is always open if you want to get in touch for any reason at all.

And finally to Manuel and Stephanie - gracious (an generous) hosts who saved my ass on a jobsite problem there in Vegas. I heard you put on a good show and you did not disappoint. Dinner at Gallagher's was wonderful and your spread at the Mandalay - along with the risque entertainment - was great to be a part of. Thank you from myself and Daisy, who feels like she went on a cruise and ate all day for 7 days.

We didn't take a lot of pictures, but thought I would share this one...

post-698-1240255128.jpg

LOL..

You turkey head, stop saying twins...when I go to my ultra sound next week....I will send you the bill if they say twins......look what you have started......:)

Twins? Seriously? Wow we need to talk. Fernando (Permlight) my brother had twins, so did my sister, and so did my younger brother.... that is some serious work.

Congrats.

Now if Chubby is not referring to kid twins but to a lot of the "painted exposed twins"...then...it was interesting.

Hi there friend...

No, as of right now we are not having twins....I go for my ultra sound next week. I told Brian, he will get the bill if there is more than one cooking...lol

I want to say, even though I was the only sober one there in Vegas, I had such a great time with ALL of you!!!! Erik and I are lucky to have met all of you and I think we have a great group of friends here!!! YOU all are so wonderful!!!! I had such a blast with each and every one of you!!!!

Sean, I cannot say enough about you. You crack me up every time. I so enjoyed seeing you!!! You really know how to work the ISA crowds........lol... Next time, I will be joining you...... :drunk:

Gary, the other man in my life......I was so happy to finally meet you and your brother! I am sorry that we did not have enough time to talk, it seems everything was moving pretty fast.....:) I cannot wait to see you again....fnd%20(1).gif

Marco and Daisy......it was very nice to meet you both and hopefully we can meet up again...Marco, next time I will make sure my sister in law is there...:)

Lane and Katie, you are not that far away, we'll see you kids soon.....I am ready for some relax and beers by your pool...Saturday night was so much fun, you two are wonderful!!! Tell Katie I want a copy of her CD......you have a wonderful lady there:)

Mr. Brian and your other half.......what can I say.....who knows where things may have gone if I had been drinking too. Those last few chats and laughs at New York New York.....man, you are a funny man. We really need to vacation together. You and Lori (that is her name right???) are some fine folks...I miss your shit kicken boots.....damn snakes......remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...this will let everyone wonder what I am talking about.... :moon:

And last but not least, Mr. Manuel....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A WONDERFUL dinner......It was very nice to finally meet you and Stephanie. The party at your suite was wonderful as well.....EXCEPT for the reptiles, but I survived!!!! I am not sure who was more afraid, me or Brian??? And those ladies there, ummmm...that was something new...:) I do want to chat with you about who I need to contact here in San Diego...I think with me being pregnant, I may need to look into other ventures........Thanks.....and you too are not too far from us, so it would be nice to see you and Stephanie again.....:)

Garret and Holly, I am not sure about that hang over pill...it did not seem to work for Erik Sunday morning.....Garret, I so know when you are trashed....you have the biggest smile on your face and you are super friendly......lady looker!!!!!!:) Your 10 minutes from me, see you soon...just do not park where I park......

And to my WONDERFUL SEXY HUSBAND.....Erik for President!!!!! LOL... We had a good time, next time I will share some cocktails with you.....I am very proud of you!!!!!

Sex in Vegas is the BEST....damn people above us...4am bootie call with head board hitting the wall...WOW!!!!!

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN.......

AND FOR THE RECORD, as of right now.....we think there is only 1 baby......I will let you all know once we have the ultra sound next week. Brian......I hope I do not have to send you a bill for twins.......Love ya anyway Turkey!!!!! LOL

Hey! I just wanted to let everyone know what a great time I had in Las Vegas. I really enjoyed meeting everyone-Kristy & Eric, Manuel & Stephanie, Marco & Daisy, Garrett & Holly, Gary & Rod, Lane & Katie, Pat & the boys from Indiana. And Sean (the party master from way back), it was great to party with you again, just like in AC. I would like to send a special "THANK YOU" to Manuel and Stephanie for the hospitality and the wonderful dinner and reception. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Hey everyone!

This is Katie...the bride of Lane!

This was the best expo we have ever attended!

The show itself was pretty blah, but the Syndicates (your new Nationality, by-the-way) were phenomenal! :thumbs:

I count on Lane to keep me abreast of the activities and events here on the Syndicate and he did not mention a get together with Manuel and Stephanie!

Had I known, I would have registered to attend! And from what I have read here, it was truly our loss! :damm:

It was great meeting everyone and putting a face to all the comments on this forum!

I know I am using a lot of exclamation points at the end of each sentence, but I am excited!!!!

Erik and Kgirl were tops and what happened Saturday at the New York New York ESPN bar between us and Brian and Lori will stay our Vegas experience forever!! :gathering: Everyone else, don't ask because I won't tell!! Just know that Brian has some interesting tattoos, everyone is funny as hell and we had a complete blast without much chatter about the industry! :butt:

Gary and Rod...you two are the real thing!!! It was such a pleasure talking with both of you at length and we hope to work with you, Rod, in the near future: you are a real class act! :cowboy:

Sean...what can I say? You tried to keep up with that demanding waitress at the closing party and kudos to your amazing effort!! You are a real party trooper and funny as hell to boot! :fhangover:

Marco and Daisy...I hope you found who you were looking to find at the expo and got out in time! We didn't get to talk much, but I hope that changes on the next trip, umkay? :P

Scotty and "entourage"...if we are out in Texas this summer near Austin, we are DEFINITELY going to sing some karaoke with you and yours!! What can be said besides YOU ROCK!! :filleloupgarou:

Indian Bill (your new nickname that I made up): you are quite a character and your stories are hilarious! We hope to see you again at the next show! :friends:

To anyone I missed, my apologies! There were so many and it went so fast that most is a blur (not to mention the alcohol affects when I normally do not drink!)!

I hope to have used enough exclamation points and emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You folks made the trip on the Indian Chief worth the pain and suffering caused from the almost 24 hours of riding in less than 72 hours that we were gone!! :dizzy:

But, just so you know, next time...we're FLYING!!! :crazy_pilot:

Katie Booth

Visit My Website

logosmall.jpg

• !llumenati

Damn, everyone uses exclamation points for brother Rod, and periods for me ??????????

Now if you really want to meet the friendly one --------- its my sister. She used to be in charge for complete purchasing for largest bedroom mfg in the country. People would come in to raise the prices for parts, start charging for shipping, etc --------- and would leave laughing their ass off after doing a lowering of prices, free shipping on any size order, etc. You want to meet class, fun, in one person --- she's my nomination.

And for those into corporate thank you gifts --------- she owns the Brownie Connection, out in Gilbert, Arizona. Does lots of web sales. And for those in Phoenix, like Lane-------stop by, use my name, and get a free brownie. Go for the hot brownie sundae with ice cream ------------. Oh yeah --- did I mention you can look her up on the web???

gn

Damn, everyone uses exclamation points for brother Rod, and periods for me ??????????

Now if you really want to meet the friendly one --------- its my sister. She used to be in charge for complete purchasing for largest bedroom mfg in the country. People would come in to raise the prices for parts, start charging for shipping, etc --------- and would leave laughing their ass off after doing a lowering of prices, free shipping on any size order, etc. You want to meet class, fun, in one person --- she's my nomination.

And for those into corporate thank you gifts --------- she owns the Brownie Connection, out in Gilbert, Arizona. Does lots of web sales. And for those in Phoenix, like Lane-------stop by, use my name, and get a free brownie. Go for the hot brownie sundae with ice cream ------------. Oh yeah --- did I mention you can look her up on the web???

gn

Yee Haw!!

I don't know how soon it will happen, but we are going to Gilbert to meet the shining star of the Nutting clan and have desert to boot!!!

It's a win-win!!!

Thanks Gary!! (Note the exclamation points...all for you!)

Katie Booth

Visit My Website

logosmall.jpg

• !llumenati
Yee Haw!!

I don't know how soon it will happen, but we are going to Gilbert to meet the shining star of the Nutting clan and have desert to boot!!!

It's a win-win!!!

Thanks Gary!! (Note the exclamation points...all for you!)

Great and when you do --- you can meet the mom of the clan and she'll definitely entertain with stories of neon signs, the history of signs and companies in the valley, etc. Mom's out there everyday "helping" my sis.

Hey everyone!

This is Katie...the bride of Lane!

This was the best expo we have ever attended!

The show itself was pretty blah, but the Syndicates (your new Nationality, by-the-way) were phenomenal! :thumbs:

I count on Lane to keep me abreast of the activities and events here on the Syndicate and he did not mention a get together with Manuel and Stephanie!

Had I known, I would have registered to attend! And from what I have read here, it was truly our loss! :damm:

It was great meeting everyone and putting a face to all the comments on this forum!

I know I am using a lot of exclamation points at the end of each sentence, but I am excited!!!!

Erik and Kgirl were tops and what happened Saturday at the New York New York ESPN bar between us and Brian and Lori will stay our Vegas experience forever!! :gathering: Everyone else, don't ask because I won't tell!! Just know that Brian has some interesting tattoos, everyone is funny as hell and we had a complete blast without much chatter about the industry! :butt:

Gary and Rod...you two are the real thing!!! It was such a pleasure talking with both of you at length and we hope to work with you, Rod, in the near future: you are a real class act! :cowboy:

Sean...what can I say? You tried to keep up with that demanding waitress at the closing party and kudos to your amazing effort!! You are a real party trooper and funny as hell to boot! :fhangover:

Marco and Daisy...I hope you found who you were looking to find at the expo and got out in time! We didn't get to talk much, but I hope that changes on the next trip, umkay? :P

Scotty and "entourage"...if we are out in Texas this summer near Austin, we are DEFINITELY going to sing some karaoke with you and yours!! What can be said besides YOU ROCK!! :filleloupgarou:

Indian Bill (your new nickname that I made up): you are quite a character and your stories are hilarious! We hope to see you again at the next show! :friends:

To anyone I missed, my apologies! There were so many and it went so fast that most is a blur (not to mention the alcohol affects when I normally do not drink!)!

I hope to have used enough exclamation points and emoticons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You folks made the trip on the Indian Chief worth the pain and suffering caused from the almost 24 hours of riding in less than 72 hours that we were gone!! :dizzy:

But, just so you know, next time...we're FLYING!!! :crazy_pilot:

Hey Katie! I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed meeting you and Lane. Brain and I had a great time last Saturday night with you both, Eric, and Kristy. It was a blast! Look forward to next time! I guess I like exclamation points also!