ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Lets work together to help ImagePoint

The least we can do as a community is help these people find new jobs.

Axiom has put up a site to help these people find new jobs - tell people you know about it: http://www.axiomled.com/imagepoint/

The least we can do as a community is help these people find new jobs.

Axiom has put up a site to help these people find new jobs - tell people you know about it: http://www.axiomled.com/imagepoint/

They'll be back, under a new name, like last time. I know most of the people there didn't have responsibility for daily business practices, paying vendors ect... but several of them went above and beyond to lie for them.

Like you, I hope the fabricators ect... find work. But the folks at the top, I don't know.........

They'll be back, under a new name, like last time. I know most of the people there didn't have responsibility for daily business practices, paying vendors ect... but several of them went above and beyond to lie for them.

Like you, I hope the fabricators ect... find work. But the folks at the top, I don't know.........

BEing very close to this at all levels of the company - this time they will not be coming back. Looks like Coast Sign, NW Sign, and a few others are telling employees they will open offices in Knoxville and still others are saying they are going to work for some other sign companies.

There is going to be a lot of vendors hurt by this - we arent affected by this at all - for example Permlight owed them several hundred thousand dollars in failed Chase bank products and ImagePoint continued to order from them - so they got doubly screwed...digest that for a moment. They tried to help out ImagePoint to fix a problem they created with the end customer - the bank - and banks turn around and screw ImagePoint...so Permlight did the right thing to help the customer but ultimately winds up with a bunch of unpaid bills...now that sucks.

It really also is sad to see a lot of good talented people and friends lose their livelihood. Several who just recently had new children added to their families.

And this group didnt "lie" - they were duped by a bank - the same bank who was giving them contracts for rebranding. So lets see - get a bailout from the government, dont use it to help people, and then turn around and screw over businesses. Awesome. And for the economist that predict we will have riots in 2009 - they arent too far off from reality.

Edited by Manuel Lynch

And this group didnt "lie" - they were duped by a bank - the same bank who was giving them contracts for rebranding. So lets see - get a bailout from the government, dont use it to help people, and then turn around and screw over businesses. Awesome. And for the economist that predict we will have riots in 2009 - they arent too far off from reality.

I am sure that 95% of the people there were honest people. And, I am sure that the % of people who would "lie" for their employer on a daily basis is probably no more - no less that any other co. But, I won't lie and tell you that don't have a bad taste in my mouth foor Image Point, cause I do. I finally had to call them and tell them to remove our Co. from their vendor list and not to call me for future work, as well as writing off the remainder of the AR from them. It was just too much haslte to collect. This was 2 years ago when things were booming. And we did major projects, we did Mc Donalds drive thru conversions and sign packages, new Chevy dealers ect... Had to move on and focus on work we could be paid for somewhat timely. I was used to 60 - 90 days from National account companies.

EverBrite also does Mc Donalds and we were paid in 45 days from completion, always.

That may not seem like a huge deal to some. But, it takes time and effort to do all this and to have the doubt about being paid, just to give someone else better terms.

I feel bad for the employees there and would hire them myself probably, given their skill sets, if I could. Am I surprised they were one of the first to go? No Do I think this is all economy related? no! When times are good, build bridges, don't burn them.

If any Image Point people are reading this and looking for work, please go to the classifieds section of this board and post a employment thread, I will post that thread in every weekly newsletter in the upcoming weeks in turn all the major Sign Manufacturer's will be notified.

The newsletters reach nearly 6,000 contacts, and their mostly the decision makers.

Link:

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=24

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I do feel badly for the employees - but I feel worse that I have to tell my boss that Image P0int may not pay us the $25000 + they owe for several installs we did in November and December.... and one Nissan job in September. That makes me ill - we are a small sign shop and that's sizeable hit for us. It all rolls downhill.....java script:add_smilie :puke: :puke:

Ouch! There should be a way to bill the end client now. That's the advantage to being a licensed contractor here in CA, lien laws.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Ouch! There should be a way to bill the end client now. That's the advantage to being a licensed contractor here in CA, lien laws.

Our company has unpaid invoices for sign removals that Image Point won't pay....try putting a lien on that. These are tough times and as others have said, installation companies need to stick together and require deposits just as the National Sign Companies need to require deposits from the end user. Large Corps will always try to use someone else s money but though days are coming to an end when we see institutions waving goodbye.

Blair is currently hiring for project management, engineering, and design. We prefer a move to PA but we are currently willing to entertain people working from home if they are the right people. If anyone was building products for a specific account and provides assistance to Blair in landing the old ip acount, we intend on keeping those products with that manufacturer ....contact me if interested....

I have received a ton of people from ImagePoint contacting us and we are getting several new jobs right away...several are taking their accounts/business with them. Sometimes when the economy is imploding is the right time to spend.

Let ImagePoint people that you talk to/contact to go to: http://www.axiomled.com/imagepoint/ lets turn this around for people and screw the banks!!!

• Board Patron

Yes, I'm going to lien those jobs we have, but I doubt we'll see any $. From now on we'll get deposits from the big national guys just like everyone else!

DeNyse Signs in Douglasville, GA (metro-Atlanta, GA area) will accept resumes for Experienced Sign Sales People. Send resume to Human Resources Manager Pam Brown at pbrown@denysesigns.com. For additional information about our company, please visit our website at www.denysesigns.com.

everyone please read this, gives great insight to what happened to ImagePoint. thanks

http://larrymock.blogspot.com/

Just read that link Big O, thanks for that insight. I'm usually a optimist and don't want to get political about things but I'm really bracing for this year. When my UL inspector tells me he has seen very little to no production in the usual shops, that's a big tell tale sign. Major corps have also been very, very slow in paying for maintenance jobs as well, and this is the small under $500 invoices.

P.S. I'm also getting newsletter bounces from members emails who have imagepoint.com in their membership here, that just started.

Western Sign Industry Leader Seeks Experienced Personnel!

Fluoresco Lighting & Signs, established in 1961, is a leader in the industry of lighting and sign manufacturing, installation, and maintenance. With 11 offices in three Western states, Fluoresco has established itself as a benchmark of providing quality products and services and we’re growing. Our focus on Customer Satisfaction continues to be the key to our success. We are currently seeking experienced candidates, with lighting or sign industry backgrounds, to join our winning team and grow with us!

We are seeking experienced candidates for the following opportunities:

• Administration

• Assembly

• Design

• Paint

• Project Management

• Sales

• Manufacturing

• Engineering

Our employment locations include:

• Arizona—5 Offices: Manufacturing, Installation, Service, Retrofit

• California—5 Offices: Installation, Service, Retrofit

• Nevada—1 Office; Installation, Service, Retrofit

Fluoresco provides a comprehensive benefits package, including: Health Insurance with a choice of HMO or PPO, Dental, Supplemental insurance, 401(k), Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit, Anniversary recognition, Company sponsored parties and events.

Qualified candidates should email their resume to hr@fluoresco.com or fax to (520) 434-8858. Please indicate position of interest and location preference. For more information, please visit Fluoresco online at www.fluoresco.com.

Fluoresco is an EEO employer and supports a Drug-Free workplace.