ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I think I just got reamed by Easy Channel Letters LLC

• Board Patron
Are you insinuating I'm doing something underhanded? Dishonest? As far as I know, everything on this board by me is the truth. If I've refused to take

responsibility for anything, it is because I think I have good reason to. Not. If you have a specific complaint, then state it. Or criticism. Whatever. How do you know what Fancher meant? Are you buds with him or what?

dude take a chill pill he didn't call you gay. I did not accuse you of anything. You seem to be the one hung up on the gay thing not everyone else. Don't start in on me that's one you can't win

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the purpose of this negative review? Of the company Easy Channel Letters LLC? Of Neil Fancher personally? I'll tell you what. I can take my lumps, in this case a 2900.00 plus lump. If I lost the money, then I'll get it back. If I made a mistake then I'll apologise. The purpose of these postings is not to spead the misery. The purpose is twofold. To change Fancher's behavior. And to warn fellow sign manufacturers of this company.

If he only puts in a warning, verbally or in writing,"Oh, by the way, don't just plug in the cord to a 110 outlet, even though it is a 110 plug," then I've contributed not to more suffering but toward saving somebody else the suffering I've suffered. This statement is made with the presupposition that I DID somehow burn up or damage some part of the machine when I plugged it in, which I don't know to be the case. (The sample file in the software was trying to print, but the rollers could not make a positive grab on the vinyl roll) Better yet, if he spends 3 hours writing up a manual which is legible and user friendly, then HE will profit and not have to suffer the one hour of laboring on the telephone (not three) and the customer will not have to suffer days, as I have trying to make a machine work.

IF the machine works, maybe it can, I don't know. Maybe there was some adjustment I didn't know or see which will magically turn the printer into a workable benefit to a sign manufacturer. It's possible that I don't know all there is to know about it. But this is the default position of the customer. It is the seller's job to know their machine and the software connected to it, not the buyer's.

But if the machine cannot work, has never worked and is a piece of crap, then buyers beware. The software I am pretty sure is not at all user friendly. This thread is not over. And I will be vindicated by other peers down the road if they ever navigate to this website.

• Board Patron
What is the purpose of this negative review? Of the company Easy Channel Letters LLC? Of Neil Fancher personally? I'll tell you what. I can take my lumps, in this case a 2900.00 plus lump. If I lost the money, then I'll get it back. If I made a mistake then I'll apologise. The purpose of these postings is not to spead the misery. The purpose is twofold. To change Fancher's behavior. And to warn fellow sign manufacturers of this company.

If he only puts in a warning, verbally or in writing,"Oh, by the way, don't just plug in the cord to a 110 outlet, even though it is a 110 plug," then I've contributed not to more suffering but toward saving somebody else the suffering I've suffered. This statement is made with the presupposition that I DID somehow burn up or damage some part of the machine when I plugged it in, which I don't know to be the case. (The sample file in the software was trying to print, but the rollers could not make a positive grab on the vinyl roll) Better yet, if he spends 3 hours writing up a manual which is legible and user friendly, then HE will profit and not have to suffer the one hour of laboring on the telephone (not three) and the customer will not have to suffer days, as I have trying to make a machine work.

IF the machine works, maybe it can, I don't know. Maybe there was some adjustment I didn't know or see which will magically turn the printer into a workable benefit to a sign manufacturer. It's possible that I don't know all there is to know about it. But this is the default position of the customer. It is the seller's job to know their machine and the software connected to it, not the buyer's.

But if the machine cannot work, has never worked and is a piece of crap, then buyers beware. The software I am pretty sure is not at all user friendly. This thread is not over. And I will be vindicated by other peers down the road if they ever navigate to this website.

I can't understand why the vendor couldn't communicate with you....

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I can't understand why the vendor couldn't communicate with you....

Green font for sarcasm chubby - the new thing to help make it clear for those who need everything made 110% clear.

Introduction says software works with Corel pdf files. This is page 3 after the table of contents. The statement is totally false, I later found out from Fancher. Secondly, see where the system requirements totally contradicts the top when it does not include Corel as a requirement. How many sign makers have ARTCAM or Type 3? Thirdly, I was stumped by the "USB interface for Superpro Keys." After 5 mins with F over the phone, I finally realized the manual is referring to the USB security KEY not "Keys." The simple erroneous addition of the plural can do wonders for comprehension. Fourth, why is it that I am required to have XP operating system and not VISTA? This was not mentioned beforehand. Fifth, what is this with the mouse? Is this a plug for a friend or what? Sixth, what is with the addition of LED in the first line? What, we're making no neon channel letters anymore?

Yes, senor 110% I am TOTALLY CLEAR I GOT REAMED BY THIS REP. If you want to defend him, then be my guest. You are only making yourself look bad. I'm not done yet. This is only the third page; I figured out now the site accepts pdfs.EZMANINTRO.pdf

• Board Patron
Introduction says software works with Corel pdf files. This is page 3 after the table of contents. The statement is totally false, I later found out from Fancher. Secondly, see where the system requirements totally contradicts the top when it does not include Corel as a requirement. How many sign makers have ARTCAM or Type 3? Thirdly, I was stumped by the "USB interface for Superpro Keys." After 5 mins with F over the phone, I finally realized the manual is referring to the USB security KEY not "Keys." The simple erroneous addition of the plural can do wonders for comprehension. Fourth, why is it that I am required to have XP operating system and not VISTA? This was not mentioned beforehand. Fifth, what is this with the mouse? Is this a plug for a friend or what? Sixth, what is with the addition of LED in the first line? What, we're making no neon channel letters anymore?

Yes, senor 110% I am TOTALLY CLEAR I GOT REAMED BY THIS REP. If you want to defend him, then be my guest. You are only making yourself look bad. I'm not done yet. This is only the third page; I figured out now the site accepts pdfs.EZMANINTRO.pdf

I read it ... XP is the most widely used platform until just recently

The mouse thing was to explain what type of mouse since a lot of them do not have a wheel (and logitec is the best)

and with LED or NEON channel letters no difference so who cares what it says

I think you just want to nit pick

If would would spend as much time learning to use the device as you do bitching and berating others you would be up and running!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

But there were six problems with the INTRODUCTORY page. Besides I'm not sure you have been following this thread. HE has my machine; has had it for 6 days. How am I supposed to have it up and running? All I required was for him to make the physical adjustment between rollers tighter. If I was just nitpicking, then I would have it WORKING by now.

You don't think it was a potential problem that .pdf files from CORELDRAW ONLY was a false statement, when .dxf files from CORELDRAW ONLY can be used? I know plenty of signmakers who don't have CORELDRAW at all. Who has 5 or 6 hundred dollars to throw around because the listed requirements were not all stated?

The reason why I am nitpicking is because 1) I am SURE he reamed me, just am not sure HOW MUCH. Looking back at the sequence of events, there is a review of all the warnings and specific things that PROVE this company is not professional or purposed toward customer service.

One thing I did not mention, was that I said to Fancher that I had a little non-experience with the Chinese Company he gets his equipment from before. (I emailed them asking for info and some 6 mos later got some weird response.) I said that I did not want to spend a lot of time setting up the machine as a result of a poorly worded or illiterate manual. He ASSURED me he was there himself WITH HIS OWN PRINTER TO GO OVER THE SETUP. If you read the previous threads you know that HE LIED. Not only did he lie, he at the same time covered his ass by insisting on a cerified check COD. He made a big deal about shipping the printer on the same day I signed the contract. BIG DEAL. He knew he was getting his money as soon as I received printer. HE LIED because he sent me his ONLY MODEL HE HAD WHICH WAS THE DEMONSTRATOR MODEL IN THE OFFICE. This was the model which already had a ribbon installed for demonstrations BEING USED UP, and which also had the back plate missing. If you think I am incensed over nothing, then put yourself in my place. I was trying to insure a smooth setup time, because I am under the gun for several jobs pending. NOW I AM OUT 3000.00 SPENT TWO DAYS DOING EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO, AND POSSIBLY GOT A PIECE OF TOTAL JUNK IN THIS DEAL.

With 22 years in the service oriented sign business, I know the difference between good service and bad. There are moral and ethical boundaries, and there is also a range of "stretching" the truth which is acceptable. If someone says he needs the job in 4 weeks, and I know it can be done only if everything goes smoothly, I might tell him I can do it, JUST BECAUSE I AM AN OPTIMIST. But if I know I DEFINITELY CAN'T DO IT IN 4 WEEKS, then I am a liar and giving him poor customer service.

If you go to Best Buy and buy a printer, and find out you got on off the demonstrator shelf with the cartridges partially used up, then wouldn't you be a little unhappy you didn't get a NEW machine which you thought you paid for? Is this nitpicking?

The last time I got incensed with a sign rep was 7 or 8 years ago when I was upgrading my Signlab. The upgrade also included the installation. While installing, he crashed my computer. He could not reboot. (Ultimate nightmare). He said he would try to get me up and running the next day, but I could see the haunted look in his eyes, because of course he was only making so much for a half hour install. Then he said he could only give me two hours, and if after that he couldn't fix it, that was that. It was the Signlab people who would have to help me. I told him he just put me out of business and if he thought two hours was the best he could do, then HE COULD THINK AGAIN. HE was going to be the one talking on the phone with Signlab not me.

NITPICKING? Well, this is my nightmare, not yours, Brian. I take it you are not in the market for a used return label printer?

• Board Patron

man would I hate to sell you anything. I don't think God himself could please you!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Sooo.....getting back to the real story now.....you shipped the printer back and what's the update? Did they receive it yet? I'm still waiting to hear back what happens with the Transco Ballast thread too!

I only got an email stating they are looking into the problem and would ship it back at my expense. If I somehow damaged the feed button direction, I can still deal with a partially impaired machine. (What other choice do I have) He only has to adjust the rollers so that they are tight enough to feed the material. At that time I will deal with the numerous (apparently) other problems such as file conversion. Will also update as to the actual accuracy of the label which depends upon the rollers not slipping at all. The sprockets look like they keep the material from drifting left to right. However, I am worried that there is way too much drag from the sprockets which would impair where the label stops and starts.

man would I hate to sell you anything. I don't think God himself could please you!

Believe it or not, I don't normally return things to retailers whether it be clothes or things. And I don't like nitpickers either or anal types. You see the Signlab rep killed my main source of making a living at the time. (I had no other signmaking equipment other than the plotter) It was the fault of Signlab, yes, and not the rep. But the rep was a SIGNLAB rep and if it was (and it was) a SIGNLAB problem, then as a Signlab rep it was his job to make things BETTER for the signmaker, not to put him out of business. Do you see this hombre, or not?

I'm not against a salesman trying to make a living. Deals and contracts are for mutual benefit. But if he makes a living at my expense, that is, such that I CANNOT MAKE A LIVING, then we have a problem. Verdad?

SIGN / NEON WIZARD DOES THE SAME THING. YOU CAN DRAW BENDING PATTERNS ON CHEAP VINYL THAT CAN BE CUT INTO STRIPS AND THEN PLACED ON THE METAL. THE DOWN SIDE IS THAT SIGN WIZARD IS NOT VERY USER FRIENDLY. ALSO THERE IS "RETURN ROUTE", WHERE YOU CAN USE YOUR CNC TO CUT THE NOTCHES IN THE CORRECT PLACE. AAASIGN.com INDIANAPOLIS -- ELECTRIC SIGNS FOR RESALE.

I have used a trial version of return route and think you can convert the file to a cuttable vinyl tile. I should have gone with THAT company, since I know their files are no problem to convert from Flexi or Signlab. Seamless.

easyman6.pdfeasyman4.pdf This page reflects the very first step I had to do since upacking, since the ribbon cartridge was already installed (and possibly used up). The back plate was missing because the printer was a demonstrator model in Fancher's office. One has to be trying to install the printer in order to realize just how unintelligable the top section is [4-0.2]. It is all good English, just totally unrelated to clear simple instruction. This is proven by the manual itself

because 4-0.3 is a REPEAT of the same step, only in regular speech. I don't know why they did not just leave the top 1/2 off. Maybe someone else can make sense of it, or as Cheryl Crow said, you're crazy and maybe I am too.

Also notice number 6. in the bottom half where it says to turn on the machine. The converter is not shown or mentioned anywhere previous to page 8, not even in the itemization in page 4 where incidentally there are 5 different warnings but NOT THE WARNING TO REFRAIN FROM JUST PLUGGING THE 110 CORD INTO A 110 OUTLET.

Because I am not a liar, I have previously stated that I looked ahead to page eight before turning the machine on. For OTHER reasons I plugged the 110 cord into the 110 outlet, not because I was told to before seeing the picture of the converter. This explaination will come later. The only point I am making here is that some sucker in the future could easily make the same mistake I did, although for a slightly different reason.

• Board Patron
easyman6.pdfeasyman4.pdf This page reflects the very first step I had to do since upacking, since the ribbon cartridge was already installed (and possibly used up). The back plate was missing because the printer was a demonstrator model in Fancher's office. One has to be trying to install the printer in order to realize just how unintelligable the top section is [4-0.2]. It is all good English, just totally unrelated to clear simple instruction. This is proven by the manual itself

because 4-0.3 is a REPEAT of the same step, only in regular speech. I don't know why they did not just leave the top 1/2 off. Maybe someone else can make sense of it, or as Cheryl Crow said, you're crazy and maybe I am too.

Also notice number 6. in the bottom half where it says to turn on the machine. The converter is not shown or mentioned anywhere previous to page 8, not even in the itemization in page 4 where incidentally there are 5 different warnings but NOT THE WARNING TO REFRAIN FROM JUST PLUGGING THE 110 CORD INTO A 110 OUTLET.

Because I am not a liar, I have previously stated that I looked ahead to page eight before turning the machine on. For OTHER reasons I plugged the 110 cord into the 110 outlet, not because I was told to before seeing the picture of the converter. This explaination will come later. The only point I am making here is that some sucker in the future could easily make the same mistake I did, although for a slightly different reason.

why do you keep posting the same shit? You have told us this several times now ...we get it!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Just an Update what we are doing. We will be looking at the printer either today or tomorrow. Even thought this customer is a pain in the BLANK we will attend to his concerns. We will keep you updated? Even the hard customers will get the chance. :bullethole::bullethole::bullethole::bullethole::bullethole::hitbyrock::bawling:

Well update # 2. We unpacked the Printer and of course there wasent the printer cable that we sent to him. These are speciltie cables for this printer and will have to go out and buy one. This doesent bother me but just puts a delay on the testing. This unit that we sold to him was the last one in stock. To be continued. I am sure I will not have to email him that info because he will be reading this way more faster then his own emails. :bullethole::bullethole::bullethole:

why do you keep posting the same shit? You have told us this several times now ...we get it!

Well, BRIAN, the .pdfs are only confirmations of my previous posts. I am not especially here to convice YOU personally, since you seem to have some idea that I'm an ASSWIPE. I have posted this thread in order to help anyone else who ever wants to buy a return channel letter strip printer, or anyone

contemplating buying the printer from this company, which I am still convinced would be a grievious mistake. As a blues brother once said, I AM ON A MISSION FROM GOD.

And maybe I have a personal snidely streak. I don't appreciate being taken advantage of, and if Fancher thinks he can get away with my money without a fight, then he doesn't know how ornery Texans formerly from Alaska can be.

But if you get it then why the sideswiping comments? I still think you have some buddy type relationship with Fancher. 'Round here, if someone says another hombre is a quote unquote man (if ya know what I mean), then he is really saying he ain't no man at'all which implies he is one pure-dee FAGGOT. Thems fightin' words, Pilgrim.

• Board Patron
Well, BRIAN, the .pdfs are only confirmations of my previous posts. I am not especially here to convice YOU personally, since you seem to have some idea that I'm an ASSWIPE. I have posted this thread in order to help anyone else who ever wants to buy a return channel letter strip printer, or anyone

contemplating buying the printer from this company, which I am still convinced would be a grievious mistake. As a blues brother once said, I AM ON A MISSION FROM GOD.

And maybe I have a personal snidely streak. I don't appreciate being taken advantage of, and if Fancher thinks he can get away with my money without a fight, then he doesn't know how ornery Texans formerly from Alaska can be.

But if you get it then why the sideswiping comments? I still think you have some buddy type relationship with Fancher. 'Round here, if someone says another hombre is a quote unquote man (if ya know what I mean), then he is really saying he ain't no man at'all which implies he is one pure-dee FAGGOT. Thems fightin' words, Pilgrim.

Holly shit! I don't have to prove your jerk you are doing a fine job of that yourself. I don't know Fancher and have never even heard of him, until now. But I feel sorry for him having to deal with a problem customer like you and I'm damn sure everyone on here who has read your incoherent ramblings feels the same way. adios

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Alright look everyone, I don't want this thread to become personal to the point I'm having to edit and delete. Let's just stick to the main issue at hand and see what the end result is.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
Alright look everyone, I don't want this thread to become personal to the point I'm having to edit and delete. Let's just stick to the main issue at hand and see what the end result is.

Fine by me

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron
Holly shit! I don't have to prove your jerk you are doing a fine job of that yourself. I don't know Fancher and have never even heard of him, until now. But I feel sorry for him having to deal with a problem customer like you and I'm damn sure everyone on here who has read your incoherent ramblings feels the same way. adios

edited as much as my pride will let me....

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy