ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I think I just got reamed by Easy Channel Letters LLC

• Board Patron
oops, the line in the sand has been crossed ---------------

perhaps there is a kill button for this thread???

gn

not yet I want to here from the seller on what was so wrong....

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• !llumenati
not yet I want to here from the seller on what was so wrong....

True----but we still have to get from here to there -------------- and that's the part I'd like to "kill".

gn

Guess what folks, after going out and getting a new printer cable that was not returned with the printer, hooking this up the printer and tested the printer. Guess what, it works great. After I did the test and printed the test letter I put the tape strip on the return and messured the notch points. The notch points where under a 1/64th" in tolerance. As all of you know that is well within what you need to make channel letters.

I am going to make a video for all to see and take pictures of what I am talking about.

There are two media feeds on this printer. One in the back of the printer whitch holds the "dot matrix tap" (these rolls of tabe are 300ft long and heavy for the upper media feed alone and needs to have the back dot matrix tape feed for proper media feed) and one in the front. :construction::construction:

When the one in the front is activated by the print mode it begins to feed. Inturn the front media feed cylender has a sprocket on the L/h side that connectes to a middle sprocket and then the middle sprocket is ingaged with the dot matrix sprockets. The dot matrix sprocket was not totally ingaged. There had to be a 1/8" adjustment. Anybody could have look at this with out ever seeing this printer and could have seen what was wrong. I guess George couldent. OPPS MY MISTAKE IN IQ. I am attaching a picture of what I am talking about. :construction:

I will be sending this printer back out COD for the shipping charges tomorrow. I sincerly hope that George will put aside his ego and try to make this work for him. This is a good system for only $2900.00 and will save 90% off his labor from using a tape measure. If he dosen't put aside his ego then he has just spent $2900 for nothing. :hump9::hump9::hump9:

From this point I will try to walk him through setting this up one more time. If there can not be a cordigal conversation when we are doing this then he his on his own :bawling::bawling::bawling::bullethole::bullethole::hitbyrock::hitbyrock:

By the way George, I have never met Brian and have never ever had any covesations with him. But at this point I would love to engage in some conversation with him or with anybody else concerning this topic or anything else that you want to talk about. Please feel free to call me or go to our website www.easychannelletters.com.

NO GEORGE I AM NOT GAY :ban::ban::ban: If you would spend half the time working on your business as you do on this post you could have enough mony to buy one of our atomated systems. Wait if he does that, He will have even more time to waist. Please disregard last statement. :ban::ban::ban:

The video needs Quicktime to view or email me and I will send it to you.

I hope this is the end to this once and for all but I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil Fancher

720-324-8704

neil@easychannelletters.com

printer_sprocket_display.pdf

100_3745.MOV

I never called you anything except a liar and one who gives poor service. (Or chubby for that matter. I never called him anything at all, ask the moderator. He deleted it because Brian was getting too excited and he wanted us to stay on focus. Oh, well... maybe it was a term of endearment). I will stand by these epitaphs for now pending the return of the printer.

Sounds like Fancher is saying that it was a simple missed step, but I don't get it, for now. We will try to sort out why it was not clear either from the manual or the telephone conversation why the first installation was inadequate. He is saying that I'm an ass because I had to send it back and pay shipping both ways after I got it. No, this stage could and should have been avoided. Also the 2 days of headache and irritation caused to a large degree because he did not have his own machine there, or know enough about it in order to help me as he promised beforehand.

But if the machine works, and if it works to a reasonable degree of satisfaction, then I will state this to be the case. I will say this, that I am alot happier that I might have something that works rather than a complete piece of basura.

My wife says sometimes I am a little obnoxious. In less genteel terms. If anyone is offended by this, then I apologise. We are a one and a half man sign shop and I don't like wasting time; it snowballs into other jobs and causes much turmoil with my regular customers.

Brian, if I offended you, then I am sorry. You are a regular here, apparently, and much appreciated by other board members. Maybe in time, if the opportunities are there, we could see more eye to eye. Anyway, it matters little to me how popular I am on the board or in other areas for that matter.

If this were true, then I would be running for something. Or trying to sell you something.

I will try to scan and upload further pages of the manual. This is for future reference. The manual may change to something more readable in the future which would be a positive addition to this thread. If anyone doesn't want to read them then I will not be disappointed. They will be called "Easymansomething" in case the ones who think I am being redundant do not want to read them.

Oh and by the way, the ONE sign sales rep whom I was angry at 7 or 8 yrs ago when he crashed my computer sold equipment and software to me from 1988 'til last year when he got out. I bought my last large purchase from him which is a Roland SC-545EX. If I was that bad a customer he would have simply refused to sell to me, or be on call when I had my printing emergencies. In my book, we are friends at least in business. I was loyal to him 'til he got out and never went anywhere else to buy something he sold.

Seems to me like this is a problem of poor communication (on both sides) and lack of basic understanding of the issues (again, by both sides).

Seller: Piss poor manual.

Buyer: Piss poor computer know how.

Seller: Piss poor support and communication.

Buyer: Piss poor attitude and communication, then going off on public rants making himself look like an ass.

Seller: Has a chance to redeem himself, but then stoops to the level of the buyer by going off on public rants.

The grammar has been horrendous, but let's put that aside...

If Fancher can actually take the time to rewrite a simple manual in easy-to-understand English, this problem could be avoided in the future. Whatever video you're going to take to defend yourself to this forum - make that available to future customers. There's no reason why you can't do this in a single day, which is more than covered by the cost of a single sale. Even when the customer is a belligerent pain in the ass - you made yourself look equally bad in the way you are handling the responses here. You had the opportunity to take the high road but instead showed why others should probably avoid buying from you.

If George can keep his blood pressure down and not fly off the handle when he doesn't have the technical know-how to do some basic computer+device troubleshooting, it would help the situation also. The fault could be completely on the supplier, but your comprehension and communication skills seem to be the biggest impediment to solving the problem here. You had an opportunity to educate fellow sign makers of a suspect supplier but didn't make yourself any allies with the way you presented things and then proceeded to attack anyone who wondered WTF you were talking about.

All I can do is shake my head at this epic failure of a forum thread.

Okay my eyes hurt now, that was colorful.

For the record this place is not a popularity contest, I don't treat members with favoritism here , well now that I think about it, just one actually, but that's just because I wake up to her every morning.

I just hate when serious threads take tangents and it becomes personal, then that means I have to go in and do editing work, we're all professionals here and we need to keep certain threads that way, look at the work we all perform. I know things get quirky in other threads, that's just how less serious threads can get and I usually just let that stuff ride. I have to pick and choose sometimes.

Anyway, I hope you two get your situation worked out where you both walk away somewhat satisfied.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Seems to me like this is a problem of poor communication (on both sides) and lack of basic understanding of the issues (again, by both sides).

Seller: Piss poor manual.

Buyer: Piss poor computer know how.

Seller: Piss poor support and communication.

Buyer: Piss poor attitude and communication, then going off on public rants making himself look like an ass.

Seller: Has a chance to redeem himself, but then stoops to the level of the buyer by going off on public rants.

The grammar has been horrendous, but let's put that aside...

If Fancher can actually take the time to rewrite a simple manual in easy-to-understand English, this problem could be avoided in the future. Whatever video you're going to take to defend yourself to this forum - make that available to future customers. There's no reason why you can't do this in a single day, which is more than covered by the cost of a single sale. Even when the customer is a belligerent pain in the ass - you made yourself look equally bad in the way you are handling the responses here. You had the opportunity to take the high road but instead showed why others should probably avoid buying from you.

If George can keep his blood pressure down and not fly off the handle when he doesn't have the technical know-how to do some basic computer+device troubleshooting, it would help the situation also. The fault could be completely on the supplier, but your comprehension and communication skills seem to be the biggest impediment to solving the problem here. You had an opportunity to educate fellow sign makers of a suspect supplier but didn't make yourself any allies with the way you presented things and then proceeded to attack anyone who wondered WTF you were talking about.

All I can do is shake my head at this epic failure of a forum thread.

As time permits I am adding manual pages for reference. Brian is of the position that he already gets it, shut the hell up. You are saying WTF are you talking about. Note the disparity. This is why the manual itself must be included, since otherwise it is just my word against Fanchers. I never claimed to be a professional thread writer. Or computer or appliance literate. Actually this thread is for those who do not have "McGiver" skills for fixing things or computer geeks who know how to get a Chinese brand of signmaker software to work. Such as other sign people who had to learn things the unschooled way such as how to make a simple channel letter sign. If you worked for another sign shop then that is how you learned. But if like me you went from a vinyl shop/screenprinter to a full service type electrical shop, then you learned the hard way. And maybe you haven't learned everything you should have. As far as computers go and software goes, then I am of the old generation who learned Fortran on cards with hundreds of holes in them or COBAL. We are not like the newer generation who takes to computers and computer languages like their native language.

Those things being said, I believe this thread is for people like me who have deficiencies in some areas and talents in some areas. But the total package which is me and my signshop has to be able to manufacture a simple channel letter from customer/contractor to permit/landlord/city to the

actual shop work and then to climb the ladders or rent the lift (can't afford that bucket truck yet) and install that baby without dropping it on someone else or even itself. And to do this smoothly and quickly enough to be able to compete with the big guys down the road who have their Accubend and their pallets of aluminum and their sales staff. And to make the sign safe enough not to bring disaster upon the business and therefore myself.

But now you are requiring me to be computer literate and appliance savvy. No, I am a simple signmaker who learned the hard way who bought the shop from an old Mexican who is even one generation older than me.

No, I guess this thread is only for little guys like me who are maybe too old to know all there is we are supposed to know. But there are still some of us out there, okay? All you slick dudes who know everything don't need a little old sign return label printer anyway.

• Board Patron
As time permits I am adding manual pages for reference. Brian is of the position that he already gets it, shut the hell up. You are saying WTF are you talking about. Note the disparity. This is why the manual itself must be included, since otherwise it is just my word against Fanchers. I never claimed to be a professional thread writer. Or computer or appliance literate. Actually this thread is for those who do not have "McGiver" skills for fixing things or computer geeks who know how to get a Chinese brand of signmaker software to work. Such as other sign people who had to learn things the unschooled way such as how to make a simple channel letter sign. If you worked for another sign shop then that is how you learned. But if like me you went from a vinyl shop/screenprinter to a full service type electrical shop, then you learned the hard way. And maybe you haven't learned everything you should have. As far as computers go and software goes, then I am of the old generation who learned Fortran on cards with hundreds of holes in them or COBAL. We are not like the newer generation who takes to computers and computer languages like their native language.

Those things being said, I believe this thread is for people like me who have deficiencies in some areas and talents in some areas. But the total package which is me and my signshop has to be able to manufacture a simple channel letter from customer/contractor to permit/landlord/city to the

actual shop work and then to climb the ladders or rent the lift (can't afford that bucket truck yet) and install that baby without dropping it on someone else or even itself. And to do this smoothly and quickly enough to be able to compete with the big guys down the road who have their Accubend and their pallets of aluminum and their sales staff. And to make the sign safe enough not to bring disaster upon the business and therefore myself.

But now you are requiring me to be computer literate and appliance savvy. No, I am a simple signmaker who learned the hard way who bought the shop from an old Mexican who is even one generation older than me.

No, I guess this thread is only for little guys like me who are maybe too old to know all there is we are supposed to know. But there are still some of us out there, okay? All you slick dudes who know everything don't need a little old sign return label printer anyway.

dude! Everyone is agreeing that people lost their cool and we should now put it behind us

LET IT GO!!!!!!

:help:

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

dude! Everyone is agreeing that people lost their cool and we should now put it behind us

LET IT GO!!!!!!

:help:

Everyone has a right to ignore this thread. Many are. Go ahead. There may be someone down the road in May of 2011 who is going to try to automate his signshop and will need specific product information about the Easy Channel Letter System. Or any other system made by this company. This thread could possibly evolve past the originator and be an advertisement for the company itself, if the salesman can get his act together. Unless the moderator makes a statement, I'm not going to stop. Like a channel on the tv, you don't have to go there.

LET IT GO!!!!!!

+1.

Just because it's a public forum, it doesn't mean it's a medium to air out every grievance, or make it into a drawn out typefest that no longer serves any useful purpose.

How about you take a valium and just wait for the thing to get shipped back to you. I'm sure you'll report back with an update.

+1.

Just because it's a public forum, it doesn't mean it's a medium to air out every grievance, or make it into a drawn out typefest that no longer serves any useful purpose.

How about you take a valium and just wait for the thing to get shipped back to you. I'm sure you'll report back with an update.

I'll say the same thing back to you senor 110%. What draws this thread out are your snidely asides which I am increasingly loath to respond to. The reason I have responded in the past is because I am fair game since I started the thread criticising this company and it's rep. ANYONE HAS A RIGHT TO CRITICISE ME BACK. And, I will respond to defend myself. My position is that I may be 70% computer literate and no McGiver. But that I have normal common sense and received a bad product under misdirected circumstances. And that many other SIGNMAKERS are just as computer literate or illiterate as I am. People will make their own decisions. This is not your fight, or Brian's. I did not come here to fight with everyone. I want to put the facts on the table, and let whoever wants to make their judgements do so. Whyn't ya just skip me thread 'til the cows come ta roost and I give an update on the actual printer? Or skip it altogether, eh?

Hey, it looks like there is something about me whats gonna push yer buttons. You two are slathering at the bit, eh?

Do not let this website become cliqueish like signs101, bleah. I know I din't come here asking to be let in.

• Board Patron
I'll say the same thing back to you senor 110%. What draws this thread out are your snidely asides which I am increasingly loath to respond to. The reason I have responded in the past is because I am fair game since I started the thread criticising this company and it's rep. ANYONE HAS A RIGHT TO CRITICISE ME BACK. And, I will respond to defend myself. My position is that I may be 70% computer literate and no McGiver. But that I have normal common sense and received a bad product under misdirected circumstances. And that many other SIGNMAKERS are just as computer literate or illiterate as I am. People will make their own decisions. This is not your fight, or Brian's. I did not come here to fight with everyone. I want to put the facts on the table, and let whoever wants to make their judgements do so. Whyn't ya just skip me thread 'til the cows come ta roost and I give an update on the actual printer? Or skip it altogether, eh?

Hey, it looks like there is something about me whats gonna push yer buttons. You two are slathering at the bit, eh?

Do not let this website become cliqueish like signs101, bleah. I know I din't come here asking to be let in.

I'm sorry eric but enough is enough

Holysemolians you are an idiot!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I'm sorry eric but enough is enough

Holysemolians you are an idiot!

Tank you veddy much. It stinks over here, yes, on this side of the board. Nature of the beast. I started by slinging [mud], and the mud will fly. This is the direct result of a negative reinforcement thread, that is, the result of my direct and blunt criticism of the company and the rep. I will repeat, I have no quarrel with either of you, and apologise again if I have offended anyone. But you know the mud is flying over here, and well, most of the people who like "patty cake" type chats aren't coming over to this side. Or feeling any special need to make their opinions heard. If I bristle when someone tells me I'm a little slow or short on the comrehension side, it is because Fancher insinuated this very thing almost immediately on the telephone. Let people decide just how stupid I am please. As to the other insults, well, you have a right to your opinion and so far I have a right to sling mud. Let me sling mud where I aimed at the beginning and this thread will stay on track, please.

I have been trying to keep up with this thread if only to see how it turns out for the buyer. I think we all got sucked into feeling sympathy for the guy. After all he spent too much money, in my opinion, on what I figure to be a simple machine and felt that he was getting the shaft as it didnt work out of the box, didnt have clear instructions and couldnt get proper technical support. It came off to me that the seller basically said "what did you do wrong" from the get go. I dont get that type of attitude coming from a seller. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Even if the buyer may have started the complaint with a chip on his shoulder the seller should have swallowed his pride and tried his very best to help the buyer out. No doubt in my mind that even if something was wrong with the machine there would be no admission to it by the seller.

So I say "thank you Holysemolians, for allowing us to see your particular struggle with easychannelletters. And to helping those that may find themselves in the market for a return marking machine, to be able to make a better informed decision as to who to purchase from." This is what I think the main point of the thread to be. The drama and such was simply an extra perk.

Personally I dont care for the back and forth drama, make sure to get the last word crap, but I am very interested to read how this turns out. To see that the buyer gets the working product, to see whether or not the seller actually takes care of his customers. I feel I already have the answer to one question, hopefully the buyer will let us know how he turns out to answer the other.

TEastin

Easyman7 shows a lever that does not exist, at least as shown. There is a lever down lower, but it is not the same shape and doesn't seem to do anything. I was fervently trying to tighten the rollers to make the label advance. Easyman8 shows the actual 2 prong plug as opposed to the right angle (apparently 3 prong 110 plug) it had when the manual was made. This is where I had made the error of thinking that the machine had been converted internally to a 110 system. Note the adapter has 4 holes which I did not recognise. Okay, I've never been to Europe, maybe they are all over the place over there. Or asia. Also, the adapter plug WAS NOT IN THE BOX. See where instructions specifically state to use the adapter with the converter.

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THE 110 PLUG WAS CHANGED. Note the ground is not connected in Easymanplug. Also note the converter seems to have round holes whereby the actual 110 plug on the machine has two flats.

The whole installation with Fancher over the phone became very stressful when he said I might have "fried the machine," when I plugged the two prong into a regular 110 outlet. Remember, we are only on the very first step since the ink ribbon was already installed. I knew at this point that it was entirely possible that I lost my whole investment of 2900.00 with no refund given. This trial could have been avoided, I still think, if Fancher had his own machine in his office and could see what I was talking about. When the feed button seemed to go the wrong direction, he decided that I probably damaged the machine, possibly irrepairably, at least in the U.S. We could not come to terms about the rollers and which way the vinyl easyman7.pdfeasyman8.pdfeasymanplug.pdfroll went through the large roller. He kept saying it "went over the top," which I could not understand (because it can't go over the top). This was where I asked him wasn't he looking at his own machine, and he said "Because you were in such a hurry, I gave you my office model."

Turns out I never fried anything according to him now. I blame him on this mistake also. There should have been a lot less stressful way of figuring out whether I killed it or not, but he doesn't know his machine or how to instruct someone. I have always maintained you can't fry a machine by putting half the voltage through it although I've only one experience in the matter.

Sorry folks, I missed the shipment on friday and have to wait until Monday to get the printer.

This experience reminds me of the time I bought a sandblaster from Harbor Freight (retailer from China). It was about 3 yrs ago and at that time you had to avoid the drill bits which were made of inferior metal--but many of the products were actually not too bad a deal for the cheaper price. I got ripped on the sandblaster though, because although it was a pretty shiny red and looked like it could actually do the job (for making a sandblasted sign) the instructions said to be careful with the VALVES because they had a limited life. I thought "Whaaat," and my worst fears were confirmed when the ceramic valves started failing ON THE VERY FIRST JOB. When I brought it back for the money back guarantee the manager looked a little unhappy and made me wait some 1/2 hour while they processed the return. But, meantime, two guys came to the front purchase line with the same sandblaster. Well, maybe 10 yrs ago I would have said nothing, but well guess what happened. Now I have 3 or 4 employees looking at me like I'm some kind of dingleberry and man they processed me out of there as quickly as they could.

I did not expect my money back on this printer because it was not offered up front. The customer is not always right, I know, I deal with them every day. But someone has to make a stand at some point and say, this is too much. Maybe in two years this printer will be competitive. I still go to Harbor Freight and maybe even that sandblaster is now a VIABLE piece of equipment.

The fact that I was not kicked off this thread proves the website is committed to product quality. This is what brought me here in the first place, the Great White Hope. There are signmakers and retrofitters who are passionately committed to knowing the best products available at such and such price to the industry here, I can see it. Of course it is not a perfectly objective review (printer). You have one pissed off customer, he's going to be objective? But it is the ONLY review available that I know of for the Easy Channel Letter System. Which in turn is for customers in the market for return vinyl strip printers.

I don't know what the internal politics are for a website of this nature. I don't know even what the written and unwritten rules are for thread discussion, maybe I stepped on the wrong toes. Anyway thanx for not kicking me off, and I will try to be as objective as possible when I get the printer back for it's belated installation. We have not covered the actual performance of the machine or it's warranty or any kind of repair options in case it fails anytime before I get to the next level in producing channel letters and don't need it anymore. I have a feeling this product may not perform

as well as competing systems and for the price it should.

Okay here we go.

The printer printed the first sample strip, but seemed to slip a bit. I moved the tape left a little, and noticed the gear which engaged the MOTOR DRIVEN SPROCKETS was only half on the gear he mentions on Feb 24. I took a screwdriver and tried to waggle the gear inward. Then it printed 3 strips virtually identical to each other. ezstrips.pdf(Actual accuracy is undetermined since it is unknown what size this sample is). Apparently either the gear is floating to an undesirable degree or the bottom rod with the small gear attached to the MOTOR DRIVEN SPROCKETS is floating.

Bubba, why did you tell me the sprockets were only for alignment and not motor driven? I would have investigated further if you hadn't of said that. See where I confidently make the statement on Feb 17 and you only contradict me on Feb 24 after you had the machine for 6 days. This (my statement) is because that was specifically what you told me. (I could not believe that the drag on the sprockets could offset the positive contact between rollers. This was because the gears were out of alignment and there is no lever to adjust this. The sprockets were floating free, but not freely. Now the sprockets will not move at all unless the printer is printing). IT SEEMS EVIDENT YOU DID NOT REALLY KNOW THIS UNTIL YOU HAD THE MACHINE FOR SOME TIME. BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN EVIDENT IF YOU HAD YOUR OWN MACHINE IN YOUR OFFICE DURING OUR INITIAL INSTALL.

Okay so there seems to be a potential problem whereby one of two gears on the left hand side floats until it disengages. This has to be watched, but I

DID print 3 strips identical. ONE KINK IDENTIFIED AND AGREED UPON BY BOTH OF US. THIS KINK NEEDS TO BE FIXED BY EASY CHANNEL LETTERS LLC. SO THAT FUTURE BUYERS OF THIS MODEL DON'T START CRYING AND WAILING ON WEBSITES SUCH AS THIS.

Second you have to keep the strip from rolling back into the sprockets as Fancher does in his video by holding the printed material away from the sprockets. I learned this the hard way. Makes all KINDS of frickin noises when this happens. But I can deal with that.

That's all I can do for now. Update on file conversion coming next.

Umm. He gave me a special password to log into the tutorials on the EasyChannelLetter website. Under file conversion, there was a Flexisign category!

Yay! Flexi 8.1v.1 is my bread and butter. This was the extent of the tutorial. Problem was, no go. Every time EZ 5.1 tries and fails to import, it simply crashes and I have to boot it up again. Well, on the phone he didn't say Flexi could work. This was probably just some sort of mainland Chinese joke. Well, you got me, heh heh.notez1.pdf

So I looked into the other categories. Illustrator CS3 had two options, but I don't have that software. There were two options for Corel, either Corel 9 or Corel 12. Problem is I have Corel 4 and Corel 10. Tried Corel 9 cause maybe you can export down to a version but not up to a version it doesn't know. This was the extent of the tutorial for Corel 9. Three steps, on a Chinese version. notez2.pdf This did not work either.

Then I remembered F saying the files had to be exported as metric units. Tried changing the ruler settings in both softwares. No go.

Well, it's 12:30 Neil, and I don't think you can help me anymore unless you have Corel 10 and can guide me through the steps. We are getting to the end here, and I suppose you saw it coming before anyone else. There may BE NO STEPS in Corel 10 is that right? Unless you can pull a rabbit out of a hat, it looks like I'm out 30% and will get back 70% according to the terms of the contract. Neil? Are you out there?

Tip of the day:

When in a page or program, you can go "CTRL + PrtScn" and it copies the contents of your active window into your clipboard. You can then paste it anywhere... even use the "Paste" function in Corel to stick it into your workspace. Images are nice and clean and are a great way to make tutorials or discuss problems with nice clear images of exactly why you see on the screen - even pull down menus if they are down when you do the printscreen function. Corel then allows you to trim or node edit the outline of the images.

If you have Corel open, give it a try. Just do the "CTRL + PrtScn" right here in your browser, then paste it into Corel.

This is also a good way to get some quick and easy jpg proofs of designs. You can always export files, but you can cut down steps and reduce the number of "conversion" files on your system by simply pasting your designs right into Photoshop, etc. (or export right out of Corel to jpg, of course, but this lets you copy and paste very quickly, especially from your browser or other programs without robust export functions).

/tip

I didn't know if you were referring to my ugly camera shots of the screen or a way in which Fancher could guide me through file conversion. But yeah, it saved one tedious step (camera). Thanx. Man, that's cool!

I didn't know if you were referring to my ugly camera shots of the screen or a way in which Fancher could guide me through file conversion. But yeah, it saved one tedious step (camera). Thanx. Man, that's cool!

Both. My observation from the outset was that communication and understanding seemed to be the biggest problem here - showing you and Fancher a better way to do the former helps with the latter - for everyone.

Wish I could believe you. Well, let me posit a theory. I've never been to Europe, or Asia, but I HAVE been to Toronto. That is the biggest melting pot in the world, as far as I'm concerned. (With my vast travel experience -- just guessing) I was in the airport, and there was a whole room full of black people; I was in a WalMart and the WHOLE STORE was filled with these golden haired brown skinned people whom my brother (who lives there) said were from SPAIN. I said, "Aren't Spain Spanish people white?" And he said they were from SOUTH Spain, as if I know what the difference is. There is supposedly TWO Chinatowns in this city etc. So my theory is, there must be a lot more cultural tolerance in Canada, and esp. in the Toronto area. Like if you go near Quebec, the signs are in French, right? So it doesn't bother Canadians as much for a manual to be written in somewhat unintelligable English; he or she would be more willing to try to extrapolate the meaning behind the words. I believe Americans are much more used to things being in our only native tongue. Call it ethnocentrism or maybe a little arrogant. I was trying to show in the last couple of threads that half the tutorial was shown on a Chinese software, but the resolution was too lousy. But maybe this would not bother you so much, living in a multicultural environment. Or the fact that these .dxf files don't seem to be easily imported into the Chinese originated software. (Can just imagine Fancher scrambling to avoid admitting I have to upgrade to Corel 12. He's acting like he never saw last night's post.)