ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I think I just got reamed by Easy Channel Letters LLC

I've lightly read this thread and I only have a couple of things to say.

You can't compare consumer products to work contract work, it isn't the same. Work done by a contractor is regulated and provides remedies to both parties in case there is a breach of contract or shoddy work performed by a contractor. Both the consumer & contractor are protected under the consumer affairs & contractors board.

In the case of consumer products, the fine print must always be read. Personally for me if I'm going to shell out money over 1k for a unknown/custom product, I like to get references and talk to people who have used it, ask how the product performs, how the customer service is. Just in the case of my CNC, I visited other shops, talked to other individuals and monitored their support. That way I know what I'm purchasing.

Agree. My mistake. As Fancher says in this thread 2x and on the contract 1x you need to make an informed decision. And this thread and it's purpose is to do exactly that. To inform others of this product and how I got ripped off. To visit other shops, to talk to other signmakers and to monitor their progress is what this forum is all about and why I am here. I realize I look pretty stupid for not reading the fine print or making sure of the information which might be out there. But MY information is now out there and others can take note. Austin is still in some ways a small town, and we get by with a handshake on most things, believe it or not. I've been ripped off on sign jobs in 22yrs less than I can count on both hands. But that is no excuse in this global economy and I'm giving no excuses. If I'm coming off like a blockhead, so be it. No one reading this thread will buy that printer from Easy Channel Letters LLC, unless they are even dumber than me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It occured to me that there are readers who might think this printer is not a rip-off after all. It has already kind of amazed me that people can have totally opposite perceptions over the same event. The O.J. Simpson murder trial comes to mind whereby 70% of black people in one study thought he was innocent and probably framed and 70% of white people had the exact opposite view. They were all viewing the same trial and evidence.

Therefore I am offering this printer, software and accessories for 1/2 price, never used which comes to 1500.00 even. The printer has never been used and is in the same condition I originally received it. Chubby? Oh, I forgot you have x'd me out.

• !llumenati

Are you close to the Neon Cowboy, Scotty Botty Watty, i bet he could have had those channel letters done for you.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• 2 months later...

That would make me a salesman and not a signmaker. I suck at sales. But the big guys in Austin have automated benders and there must be some way to get those letters made faster, smoother, cheaper.

The printer is still for sale. I am bumping the old thread.

• Board Patron

I hope that Eric will close this thread for good if you are going to continue to bump solely it to defame a supplier

PLEASE ERIC LOCK THIS THREAD IT WILL NOT DO ANY GOOD TO KEEP IT ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Why don't you buy the printer and prove me wrong? I remember sometime back you were saying to the Let-R-Sign guy you thought his printer was cool. Buy this one for a fraction of the cost, could you use it for your shop?

• Board Patron

Come on guys help me out asking eric to close this thread!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati
Come on guys help me out asking eric to close this thread!

Move it to the forsale section with just the post of it for sale. Then the prospective buyer can be told the possibilities. For a $ like that it may be worth modifying to work properly.

just my .02

GOOD things happen for a reason......

I don't think the readers really believe you Chubby. Otherwise I would have gotten many an offer on the printer long ago. From any of the readers who read the thread but do not express their opinion of Easy Channel Letters or Neil Fancher the rep. 1/3 price for a printer that has never been used? It really has to be a piece of s%$t in order not to sell. I stand by my characterization of the company and the representative. Like I said before, the readers can decide. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE PRINTER CAN WORK TO SOME DEGREE AT LEAST. But it does not work for me and has been a major pain in the cabeza since day one. It took 3 wks before they would even send me the ONLY software which will work for the printer which is Corel version 10. It is unclear whether they do this as standard procedure, or because I was a pain in the butt. But why does anyone have to go through the headache to even find out the above? Okay, okay, old story. I thought you were blocking this thread. What made you change your mind? This is not YOUR website hermano.