ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

International Sign & Design in trouble?

Brian

• Board Patron

Check out this letter I just received from ISD today. It doesn't sound good

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron
I've never even heard of them, what do they do?

NM, I guess it helps to read the attachment :crazy:

We did a dairy queen update for them that was a nightmare. The survey they had done by someone else was all wrong and nothing fit and the quality of their signs was terrible

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron
They do have 2 locations. one in Fl and one in Alabama.

When we did the work getting paid was not the problem...just the product and design

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I've never even heard of them, what do they do?

We received the same letter....The sign service was for Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Famous Footwear.

I managed to get $2,800.00 from them but they still owe $12,000...since Nov/Dec/Jan

I can post the names of the contacts I have, if that is not appropriate here on a forum, PM me.

I haven't had any more response from them, so I gave it to the lawyer.

This is starting to look like ImagePoint......

• Board Patron
We received the same letter....The sign service was for Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, Famous Footwear.

I managed to get $2,800.00 from them but they still owe $12,000...since Nov/Dec/Jan

I can post the names of the contacts I have, if that is not appropriate here on a forum, PM me.

I haven't had any more response from them, so I gave it to the lawyer.

This is starting to look like ImagePoint......

Yup, unfortunately, they still owe us $3,251.00 for a reface on TJ Maxx. I went to the Int Sign website and emailed everyone on the site - got the following reply

"Nancy, I sincerely apologize for the run around you have been experiencing. We are in the process of finalizing additional financing from our bank which should be completed in the next couple of weeks. The financing has been approved but the papers just need to be drawn up and signed. This will allow us to start sending out regularly scheduled payments to all of our vendors and really keep us poised to thrive well in to the future. If you could extend me a little more time by refraining from the lien, I would certainly appreciate it. It does not do any of us any good if something was to happen to our customers.

Thank you,

Seth F. Sekeres

Chief Financial Officer

International Sign & Design Corporation

P-727.541.5573

F-727.544.7745

ssekeres@intlsign.com "

So, I'm waiting with crossed fingers. And we are demanding deposits from all the int. sign companies (except Fast signs, who pays in like 22 days and are on our Christmas card list...:)

Yup, unfortunately, they still owe us $3,251.00 for a reface on TJ Maxx. I went to the Int Sign website and emailed everyone on the site - got the following reply

"Nancy, I sincerely apologize for the run around you have been experiencing. We are in the process of finalizing additional financing from our bank which should be completed in the next couple of weeks. The financing has been approved but the papers just need to be drawn up and signed. This will allow us to start sending out regularly scheduled payments to all of our vendors and really keep us poised to thrive well in to the future. If you could extend me a little more time by refraining from the lien, I would certainly appreciate it. It does not do any of us any good if something was to happen to our customers.

Thank you,

Seth F. Sekeres

Chief Financial Officer

International Sign & Design Corporation

P-727.541.5573

F-727.544.7745

ssekeres@intlsign.com "

So, I'm waiting with crossed fingers. And we are demanding deposits from all the int. sign companies (except Fast signs, who pays in like 22 days and are on our Christmas card list...:)

I worked for ISD for 8 years as a installer and I can tell you that at one time they were a great company but I have heard that the President of Sales and his whiny,no experience, cry baby, over weight, lazy ass SONS (Seth and Chuck) are running the place now so I know why they folded. I find it funny that when you have a sucessful business and everything is going well that you would put people in charge that know absolutely nothing about the sign industry. I personally know these "born with a silver spoon in their mouths" kids and they were worthless 9 years ago and it appears that nothing has changed. The owner was a great guy too. Goodbye ISD

Check out this letter I just received from ISD today. It doesn't sound good

Chubby.......Can you print that article about ISD here on SS? I am having a hard time downloading it to read. Thanks,

• Board Patron
Chubby.......Can you print that article about ISD here on SS? I am having a hard time downloading it to read. Thanks,

What do you mean print it

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

What do you mean print it

Can you show the article here on SS.......I have never had a problem viewing things before but this time for some reason I can't open it. This news is really dishearting because I have a lot of friends who work there. Thanks,

• Board Patron
Can you show the article here on SS.......I have never had a problem viewing things before but this time for some reason I can't open it. This news is really dishearting because I have a lot of friends who work there. Thanks,

I'll see what I can do, I not a computer guru

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Here you go

Thank you guys.........Hopefully ISD will get rid of the fat and start fresh. If I know the owner he will once again be a great player in the sign industry.

As of today, Thursday March 19th, 2009 4:30pm

International Sign & Design officially filed for bankruptcy, or as they call it "reorganization"

Toni still answers the phone...letter will go out within 30 days.

• Board Patron

Us too!

They got us on a DQ as well & as stated before, the project was a mess.

The signs were not shipped complete, missing parts & they wanted us to field fab the Blade sign

We negotiated continuing the project with a partial payment, & finally recieved the final roof top portion of the sign 3 weeks ago. We installed it & called about payment. I was told on Thurs they were filling Chapter 11.

They owe approx $6,000

We have had difficulty ourselves, & this could put us out.

I don't trust anyone anymore.

We are going to have to call all the companies we are doing installs with & tell them we have new terms for everyone due to this.

• Board Patron

This kills me - I've been in constant contact with them, "we'll get the money, we are getting financing, the papers will be signed on Friday"..... and then I find out they are "reorganizing". They lied to me!! They saw this coming and kept stringing me along because I was stupid enough to believe them. Arrgg!

• Board Patron
This kills me - I've been in constant contact with them, "we'll get the money, we are getting financing, the papers will be signed on Friday"..... and then I find out they are "reorganizing". They lied to me!! They saw this coming and kept stringing me along because I was stupid enough to believe them. Arrgg!

Man I'm sorry to hear about the prob with ISD. I hope you can hang in there!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

they stung a buddy of mine too. he did 12,000 worth of work for them (dairy queens) here in colorado.

I have lost jobs from national sign co.'s because I have been firm with terms of 50% deposit since I started out. but I now have 3 friends who either own or work for other sign companies that are out anywhere from 12,000 to 80,000 from these failed or failing nationals.

no pay no play. the days of p.o.'s without depost checks and variations on that theme need to go in the dustbin. no one should be able to expect tens of thousands of dollars worht of work without at least 50% down.

I made some calls and its as bad as everyone is commenting. I will keep checking to see what else is going on through some customers we share...will advise.d

I made some calls and its as bad as everyone is commenting. I will keep checking to see what else is going on through some customers we share...will advise.d

What a shame...............I wish the best for anyone effected by ISD. Hopefully the bank can reorganize the finances and pay off their debts. The owner with the majority 50% needs to kick the Snake family out on their fat asses and conduct business the way he used to.......with Integrity!

• Board Patron

I would have filed a lien, but the time frame in WA state is past - and I missed the opportunity. The boss is NOT pleased. java script:add_smilie(":damm:","smid_84")