ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Character Spacing In Omega

I am trying to set up a file for engraving on our Dimension 200 router. I am using Omega 2.0 to set it up. I am having trouble setting the character spacing. I am clicking on the "Character Spacing" tool and it gives me the two handles on the characters to stretch them out, but when I let go of the handles it goes back to how it was. Any ideas? I've never been able to get it to work, what am I doing wrong? I read through all the info on the "help" file but no luck. Thanks in advance.

-Marek

It must be a Gerber thing :P

CAn you still only use Gerber software with Gerber equipment, or can you switch around?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

The problem is the font I was trying to use was not a gerber supplied font. I converted it with their font converter which doesn't let you adjust the character spacing. You can adjust it on their fonts.

-Marek

My "real" job is at LEGOLAND, in the sign shop. I just did a bunch of plaques for one of the events we had recently.

I cut a lot of stuff for the carpenters. They were making a shade structure for one of the rides out of 3/4 "playground" plastic and I cut all their window trims and stuff out of the plastic. Any templates they need I will cut those.

We have an area here called "waterworks", it's basically just an area for kids to get wet and mess around. Some of the controls for the interactive buttons and stuff were really beat up so I re-designed them and cut them out of that plastic. They turned out really clean looking. Here are some pictures of them.WaterWorks

I think I am going to mess around today and cut out some dimensional letters out of sign foam for a new ride we are opening up in a couple of weeks and see if I can hand shape them. We are a little under staffed here so I try to fit in "fun" projects when I can, but most of the time it's boring stuff.

-Marek

I know the playground stuff your talking about, I just ran into the stuff the other day at Regal PLastics. I noticed it's the same stuff my kids play on at the park. I've seen samples of it and I didn't put 2 and 2 together till just yesterday. I was thinking of using that stuff for the kids at our house, build them some structures. Especially since my wife will be opening up a daycare soon. Souds like you build some pretty fun stuff, I have yet to go to that park. Maybe soon.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Is Jamie your rep from Regal? That's who we got it from. It's easily scratched when moving it around in the shop, you can't mark it with a pencil, grease pencil works good. You can't sand it. Saw marks show up. It cuts like butter on the router though. Just make sure to empty out your vacuum or you'll have confetti all over your shop like I did.

Let me know when you want to check out the park. I'll put you down on will-call with as many tickets as you need.

-Marek

It reminds me of that same kinda plastic they use to make those kitchen cutting boards out of. My Rep is Kay over there at RP. Thx for the invite on the tix :D , I'd love to check it out one of these weekends I really appreciate it. Are you doing a lot of the ADA stuff at the park too? That's something I'm thinking of moving more into.

All the ADA stuff was done offsite. When I started all the bathrooms and stuff were already here so I haven't had a chance to do any. I have read a little on it but I would need to do a lot more research before trying anything.

Like I said, just let me know when you want to check it out. No big deal getting you in, I don't think they know you here yet. :ban:

-Marek