ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Flaming Signs

Guest robtown

Guest robtown

I've got a customer who is interested in two things:

A sign with open flames behind the letters and a "pillar of light" for a pylon out front.

I've got ideas for the designs, has either of these concepts been done... safely?

If so, where would I start to research these concepts?

The open flame sign, will it be a wall sign? Pillar of light, would you be talking about candle power as strong as the "Luxor" hotel? I need some more info to get a feel of it

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

The open flame sign, will it be a wall sign?  Pillar of light, would you be talking about candle power as strong as the "Luxor" hotel?  I need some more info to get a feel of it

I think I'll try to design the flames thing as a freestanding pylon on or near the street. I don't want to burn down the building, bushes and landscaping I don't care about.

No familiar with the Luxor, I lead a sheltered life here in the deep south. But that's probably the effect I'm after... :beer:

My dad's name is Doug, and he's retired...

Call it a Flaming Moe,

I think it would basically have to be configured as a chimeny with brick for the interior, I know natural gas doesn't burn as hot. Sounds like a very expensive job to me with lot's of liability involved. Make sure you charge a bazillion dollars. I wonder what the gas bill would be every month to run that. Another option would be to use that seran wrap stuff they use at theme parks to simulate fire, looks like fire to me without the liability, it's just uplighted with yellow and red.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill