ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

sign face recycling

• Board Patron

I don't know about your area, but here, there is a company that gives us bins and comes by to get them when they are full (no charge to us). We have to cut the faces up, but .... like you said, beats throwing them in the dump!

I don't know about your area, but here, there is a company that gives us bins and comes by to get them when they are full (no charge to us). We have to cut the faces up, but .... like you said, beats throwing them in the dump!

I am in South Central Nebraska, the city wouldn't take them, guess they were bigger than a milk carton!!!

Same goes for us. Even our plastic suppliers have recycle bins for us to use as well.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Same goes for us. Even our plastic suppliers have recycle bins for us to use as well.

what are sign faces considered as? #1, #2,#7 ? Any ideas??

what are sign faces considered as? #1, #2,#7 ? Any ideas??

I don't know that they have a # designation - however , the people you get your acrylic or polycarbonate should be able to set you up with a recycler.

They may even pay you by the pound for it , so shop around.

Can't acrylic and polycarbonate be recycled as regular plastic? May need to be cut down for the transfer stations to take them

Ali

• Board Patron

On another note, we've been recycling pan faces (4" deep) into strawberry beds - make a frame with some support for the face and tada! Raised bed - keeps the slugs away!

Any one know of a company that would be interested is a pile of old plastic sign faces to recycle?? Hate to through them in the landfill.

I am not sure where this company is based out of, but we use Crown & Cornell call 1-800-246-6118 and see if they can help you.

Any one know of a company that would be interested is a pile of old plastic sign faces to recycle?? Hate to through them in the landfill.

there definetly was someone and we have to find them again as well, they used to drop off a metal bin for us then we called when it was full and they paid us!

I found them years back in the pakage sent to all the sign companies with all the cards for you to fill out

if anyone remembers, finds or knows let me know as well!

Edited by Signs At Work

• 2 weeks later...

call Earl @ Crown & Kornell (800-246-6118) they pay by the pound for all types of plastic / lexan, they will send the bin & pay the shipping

• 4 months later...

We too recycle with Crown & Kornell. But I wouldn't spend too much time cutting the faces up to put in the bins. It isn't very cost effective. Unless its someone who isn't on payroll. We had a shop guys spend a week cutting up faces to put in the bins we filled up 4 of them and we got a check for $30.00.

So now we put the small stuff in and don't spend to much time on it.

We too recycle with Crown & Kornell. But I wouldn't spend too much time cutting the faces up to put in the bins. It isn't very cost effective. Unless its someone who isn't on payroll. We had a shop guys spend a week cutting up faces to put in the bins we filled up 4 of them and we got a check for $30.00.

So now we put the small stuff in and don't spend to much time on it.

We as well, hate to throw in landfill, we were using Crown and Cornell as well. For 2500 lbs of plasic and lexan we recieved $60.00. Better than in a landfill but we went thru a slow period and were almost threatened into giving back the bin they supplied us, very unprofessional! Can we get spell check? Late in the day my mind turns into acrylic, not lexan! Did I spell that right?

• Board Patron

Well, one of our installers (he also happens to be my hubby) recycles sign faces by using them as tails for his windmills. The black tail also has LEDs and a generator - when it's windy, the tail lights. It's pretty cool! The belt (innertube) is hooked to an old bike tire rim. The yellow vanes are bumper pipe covers we removed for a customer, the black vanes are scrap pipe (pvc 10"). the small angle aluminum attaching the vanes are scraps from several signs, and the middle of the signs are aluminum panel scraps. All of these come from take downs - he's had to buy minimal materials for this hobby.

Of course, I have to help install them, and some of the suckers are heavy!

post-557-1253204438.jpg

post-557-1253204463.jpg

post-557-1253204482.jpg

post-557-1253204502.jpg

Edited by NBerg

• Board Patron
Well, one of our installers (he also happens to be my hubby) recycles sign faces by using them as tails for his windmills. The black tail also has LEDs and a generator - when it's windy, the tail lights. It's pretty cool! The belt (innertube) is hooked to an old bike tire rim. The yellow vanes are bumper pipe covers we removed for a customer, the black vanes are scrap pipe (pvc 10"). the small angle aluminum attaching the vanes are scraps from several signs, and the middle of the signs are aluminum panel scraps. All of these come from take downs - he's had to buy minimal materials for this hobby.

Of course, I have to help install them, and some of the suckers are heavy!

Very cool and a unique way of recycling!!!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

If you are located in the Southeast you can use Industrial Plastics 931-678-4613. They are located in Gainesboro, TN. Don't know how far North they go, but they do come to central KY. I have a small bin they provided (10 x 10), and I usually get about $130.00 when they pick it up.