ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Any Of You Hunt?

What's waterfowl? I haven't had the opportunity yet, nor do I have a circle of friends who hunt. I had some neighbors as I was growing up go hunt deer. Not to much wildlife where I live to go hunting. Though skee (I think that's how it's spelled) seems to be growing trend around here, gun ranges too. I bought a Mak-90 back in the day when California was getting ready to ban assualt rifles and I only took it out a couple of times to shoot bottles and things. I was thinking about trying out skee shooting. But I'm oldman now with not a whole lot going on :D when I get the chance I try and go where the sun is and lay on the sand with a cold beer in hand watchig the thongs *Cough* err, ladies walk by.

I guess 30's not old but sometimes it feels like dog years :P ....my back aches

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

My Dad used to take me duck hunting on my Uncles' farm in England. I was too young to shoot any, but it was fun going with them. I've done some range shooting with shotguns, but like Erik says, there is not much hunting here in southern California. Beaver (tail) hunting is about all we do here. I'm trying to talk my Dad into selling (giving) me his 12-gauge shotgun. It's really nice, double barrell over/under style with a nice engraving on the side of some ducks. I'd just put a trigger lock on it and hang it over my fireplace next to the 6' long bull horns.

-Marek

Yea, it's Skeet.

Skee is a regional soft drink that we hillbillies and rednecks mix with cheap bourbon to make it palletable... Also used to describe a game at chuckie cheeze where you roll a little ball up a ramp into a hole.

K-girl, I always try to kill the biggest animals I can. The little ones cry and whine and bleed too much... I guess they just aren't old enough to die respectably like they're supposed to.. Plus, on the big ones there's more there to eat! :moon:

Marekdlux, I would give my left arm to hunt in England... The sport has gotten so expensive there now that very few are able to enjoy it. Especially with the new laws they have now.

I'm sure So-Cal dosen't seem like a hunter's paradise, but there are opportunities especially just West of San Bernadino.. That area is actually becoming rather well known for wild hog hunting. Central and Northern Cali is actually very abundant in deer, turkey and waterfowl (I.E. ducks and geese). California (albeit the semi- communist republic it is) actualy has more licensed hunters than any other state, and it accounts for the second highest waterfowl harvest rate in the country behind Arkansas or Louisiana (depending on the year).

I had a Mac-90 (AK-47 variant) a few years ago. That thing's probably worth a mint in Cali now. Is it the "California Friendly" version that only accepts the small magazines, or is it an origional high capacity?

Also, on another side note Marekdlux, if it is a British over/Under shotgun, your father may be sitting on a small fortune. I've seen certain ones (H&H, Purdey, Churchill ect..) go for anywhere from $10,000 to $60,000 +!

Check out the gun section of www.drake.net and see if it looks much like any of the ones there.

The little ones cry and whine and bleed too much... I guess they just aren't old enough to die respectably like they're supposed to..  Plus, on the big ones there's more there to eat! :moon:

California (albeit the semi- communist republic it is) actualy has more licensed hunters than any other state

:lol_hitting:

I'm counting on Arnold to turn all that around. Maybe San Francisco will sink to the bottom of the ocean in another earthquake

I can't remeber, I think you can even buy these assualt rifles again now but the capacity has to be nothing greater than 5 rounds. It's probably rusting underneath my bed, I haven't looked at it in years. It's still in the original box I bought it in and I need to go out and buy a case for it. I think I even have the barrell case so I can get the tommy gun effect.

I was just looking at my Jet Ski's yesterday, I need to get them ready for the river (Lake Martinez & Havazu) & the ocean. I'm thinking of maybe doing a wrap on my smallest one. :D

I was just thinking too, I bet that over and under is worth alot. What a way to get your own engraver Marek, lol

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I'll have to get it from my Dad before he officially retires down to Baja at the end of the year. They don't like guns down there, especially if you're a gringo.

Erik, my buddy has a dock down in a lagoon in Carlsbad if you need somewhere to keep your jet-ski's. It's salt water though so probably not the best place to store them. Do you ride in Mission Bay?

-Marek

I use to go to Mission Bay, We'll usually test the ski's out there when we do any modifications late at night. Usually I dock out at Shelter Island and ride out to the Point Loma Lighthouse and jump the surf there, it get's pretty big out there.

Oh and yeah, they catch you with a firearm in Mexico and no one will ever see you again. :blink:

:lol_hitting: @ Signquarters kill shots

I was sitting at a pond today with my son feeding the ducks & I was trying to think why I never wanted to go hunting & then I remebered something of my youte.

I remember just getting this Crossman BB gun and promising never to kill birds with it to my parents before they bought it for me. I brought it over to my grandparents house wanting to show them my new toy. So unattended in the backyard I aimed and shot a dove that was on a powerpole, wounding his wing I saw him drop into the neighbors yard. I stood onto a barrel to peer into the next yard to see him walking around and tending to his wing when all of a sudden the big huge 200lb Rot Weiler jumps out of nowhere and unable to fly away, mauls the thing right in front of me. :bawling: I think at 8 that did it for me watching wings & pecker scatter before me so everafter I just stuck to bottles, my neighbors G.I. Joe & Lego's (No Offense Marek).

I'm all for peeps who hunt, some animals are annoying and need to be kept to a certain polulation. I love burgers and steak but I couldn't bare to be at a slaughter house, kinda funny and hypocritical...like most things i guess, just rather see it in a package. What our society has come to

*Cough* *Cough* Pussy *Cough* :D

My dad would take me to the shooting ranges when I was younger using a pistol and a shot gun, kinda had to.

haha...I remember the first little bird I shot with a BB gun. It was sitting on a tree branch and when I shot it, it fell over but it's feet still held onto the branch for a second so it swung like a pendulum before dropping to the ground. I would have been sad for killing something if it wasn't so damn funny.

I also remember having a neighborhood gun fight with some neighbors that me and my friends didn't like and they didn't like us. The problem was their house was between my house and my friends so we always had to pass by them. This was in the "sticks" too so there weren't many neighbors to break anything up. We had about a half hour gun battle one afternoon. We were using anything we could find for cover and throwing anything we could at them. When we finally heard one of them say "ouch" we made our break and ran past their defenses.

I don't think I will ever let my kids own BB guns. Maybe those soft pellet guns.

Erik, were you talking about Dolphin Tank? I've never surfed out there..only accesible by boat right? You still paddling out?

-Marek

Could be the same place, some call it "Ralphs". Yes only by boat, or a Long paddle out. Right out in front of the Lighthouse.

LOL, we use to have BB gun wars too with some kids from another street in the canyon behind our houses

I'm not sure what the place looks like, but that's probably it. You ever watch those pro's that jetski in the surf? They were doing it in Oceanside one year when I was surfing. They were doing barrel rolls and flips and stuff. It was insane. I remember pulling into a little backside barrel and looking out down the line and seeing a guy launching his jetski over the wave. It's just one of those memories that won't ever leave my mind.

-Marek

It can get pretty hairy out there. I've seen ski's crack and hit the rocks and break apart. I've probably pulled 3 people that I didn't know from the water there. A lot of people have died there too. There's no beach just rocks, so if your ski dies out on you your fucked. Highest I've been is probably 15'-20' in the air, the only trick i've done is pulling a 180. But to do these things and be attached to an object that weighs 900lbs is pretty crazy. There's a couple of broken up boats sitting along the point loma wall. I think they might call it Dolphin tank is because on the way out there from Shelter Island long the Point Loma peninsula wall next to the Submarine base there is a Dolphin area where the Navy trains them for what ever. Probably chasing torpedo's or something.

I have yet to go to oceanside to jump the surf, much safer there. At least if you fall off your ski will go into the sand and not the rocks.

Surfing is something I want to continue this year too. Only been out once and that was in Hawaii, but caught the first wave that I went for and stood up the whole way :D Loved it, would love it more than jumping waves.

One comparison to the beach & Point Loma is that the build and break is a LOT longer so you have more time to enjoy the wave you catch. That's why it's so popular.