ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Alright ISA

Interesting take and quite true Eric.

But what I DON'T like is the fact that lists were sold, these lists can just in tun be resold and "recycled" endlessly. What ISA should be doing is simply getting a html file from the client and sent it off to their list, that way the client can't abuse it. This is how most agencies will do it.

Not only am I getting email, I'm getting regular mail and phone calls.

The Association business is, Big Business

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
Hey it's your original post. You are free to see it how you want. I respect that completely. But in reality that's what freedom is all about. The last I knew thats what a forum is suppose to be about. I generally stay off these. It seems that every BB ever created for the sign industry ends up being controled by like minded individuals not open to differences. If everyone agrees then nobody learns a new perspective. That's what got the Nazi's in trouble and every other dictatorial, or "supremacy of idea" societies since then.

so your calling me and eric a controling Nazi? You had better clarify that statement real quick!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Hey it's your original post. You are free to see it how you want. I respect that completely. But in reality that's what freedom is all about. The last I knew thats what a forum is suppose to be about. I generally stay off these. It seems that every BB ever created for the sign industry ends up being controled by like minded individuals not open to differences. If everyone agrees then nobody learns a new perspective. That's what got the Nazi's in trouble and every other dictatorial, or "supremacy of idea" societies since then.

You know a "dictator" is someone that forces his or her beliefs onto others. You are entitled to your opinion as well as Eric and Brian are. No one should be compared to murderers for expressing his or her thoughts. You were a little bold with your statement!

• Board Patron

He is still on the other boards but banned here. But I bet he's watching. May be that is why no one posts on the other BB

He is still on the other boards but banned here. But I bet he's watching. May be that is why no one posts on the other BB

Ever watch Harry Potter movies? I thought they were just boring kids movies, but since I have kids I actually got into them and rented past movies to understand everything that is going on. Anyway, your statement reminds me of a ongoing quote in the movie...

"The Dark Lord......He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" :P

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Ever watch Harry Potter movies? I thought they were just boring kids movies, but since I have kids I actually got into them and rented past movies to understand everything that is going on. Anyway, your statement reminds me of a ongoing quote in the movie...

"The Dark Lord......He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" :P

Whoa!!! Let's put the pitch forks and fire torches down. Again I fully respect the opinions and anger of having our emails sold to the highest bidder. I don't like it at all. I was just trying to focus on the facts. Which even though "Brian" so cleverly debates by just saying "you're wrong" I do have some very deep insight (nearly 28 yrs) into the ISA organization. I just wanted to point out that no one should get a warm fuzzy feeling because one individual from ISA (who is not involved in the convention planning aspect) comes on here and apologizes for the actions of others. That simple. I stated the facts as I clearly understand them. That for ISA it is just business, smarmy business, but legal business just the same and they are doing what every other quote successful organization is doing(anything to survive). Those aplogetic comments about ISA's actions are the equivilent to the manager at Wal-Mart saying "I'm sorry I will ensure that our Chinese factories do a better job with this product. Although maybe sincere, the thoughts are really hollow unless someone actually responsible for selling out those lists comes forward. I would start at the top if you were really serious about getting to the bottom of it.

Yet "Brain decides to come on and rather then engage in an adult conversation, he chooses to just dismiss me as saying "Sorry you're wrong" as if my statements were those of an idiot.

Yes my "Nazi" comment might have been a little over the top. I apologize. But my family came to this country with a German surname to escape both political and religious persecution at the hands of the Nazis. Many more then just Jewish individuals were targeted. Those experiences and skew ones thoughts when they feel personally attacked for educated opinions.

To chummygumby and your IM message. Yes I have only made 2 previous posts. In fact I do not have the time to set around and respond daily. But I after seeing an interesting subject that seemed to be going in a good direction, I actually did sign up and comment. That is supposed to be the American way. Every vote counts. Agree or disagree.

Years ago I asked a "computer expert" friend of mine what he thought about the future of the the World Wide Web when companies like compuserve, and AOL were just getting started. He said it'll wind up just like CB radio. A great idea that will get over run by constant chatter, lewd propositions, and people that will always try to dominate others with their opinions. So far he hasn't been too far off.

My negative comparisons from earliar aside, I was just trying to point out in my second post that without open communication(freedom of speech). We become no better then those of whom we detest. Again I apologize.

And as far as Harry Potter giving guidance. I stuck to Star Wars with my kids. better message, and lasers are cool!!!!!! Again just opinion.

Eric

I understand your comments were at Chubby's short one liner. My Harry potter reference was not pointed at you, but at another, it's more of an inside joke few here would know.

btw- Welcome to the board Eric with a c

• Board Patron

That's the reason I put the little laughing face at the end of my "one liner" to indicate that is was a joke!

Not to imply you were an idiot.....sorry

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

My Harry potter reference was not pointed at you, but at another, it's more of an inside joke few here would know.

I would think more than just a few.. most of the SS regulars have been around for some time and would be familiar with "he who shall not be named" (I refuse to capitalize the H). You could probably blame me for helping drive him from the site, but meh, whatever. It's just too bad Manuel didn't sign up until after he was gone.

• Board Patron

on another note we are starting to receive phone calls from vendors that we never even visited at the show

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

Boy, this topic has gone all over the place. I go back to what I said before. Though ISA might have had the right, etc, to do whatever with the email lists - it would have been nice if they would have stated they were going to sell it.

However ------- next year will be different!!! Bogus email that can be dumped after registration !!!!!! The ONLY way to go. And -- Eric---welcome to the fray.

gn

• !llumenati
Obviously from the ISA lists ----- and booths that I didn't stop at, don't give a rat's ass about, guarantee the last time I actually use my email to sign up for a show !!!!!!!

I always use a 'spam bucket' email address for all trade shows. Many ISPs give you multiple email address capability with your account. I use an easy-to-remember address which contains one or more digits in it. When spam gets to be too much, I just change the address by incrementing the digit.

Edited by TelfordDorr

"Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do" - Joe Sobran

I was tired yesterday, I'm tired today, and I'll be retired tomorrow - TD

• Board Patron
I would think more than just a few.. most of the SS regulars have been around for some time and would be familiar with "he who shall not be named" (I refuse to capitalize the H). You could probably blame me for helping drive him from the site, but meh, whatever. It's just too bad Manuel didn't sign up until after he was gone.

hey marko do you think I would have liked to spar with "he"?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg