ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Holiday Inn conversion program

As in the appearance of the new signs?

Yes, and in the installation/project management aspect.

okay, I get it now, your asking about how the subs like the project work. :thumbs:

btw- what green is that they are using for the channel letters? I have one of those hotels right around the corner from me.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

half of Canada is sending me the same Holiday Inn projects to quote, how many people are quoting these loacations

Just curious how folks feel about this project.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

half of Canada is sending me the same Holiday Inn projects to quote, how many people are quoting these loacations

From what I understand, there are 21 different vendors for this changeover. I just completed one for Allens Industries.

I’m doing one in Henderson (Las Vegas) for "Cost" seems to be going OK. The local staff thinks it's too small... but what manager would not say that. lol

There is some question about the size of footing for the new Pylon at one location it's a pole and 4 yard of concrete and the other it's 6' x 10' x 9' deep with bolts just over 20 yards. So be careful on your take off for concrete at $92.00 a yard .

The other thing that I was careful about, they don’t accept touch up of the old holes. You have to paint the panel end to end.

1oldbull

Just talked with the management group yesterday actually, kind of funny to run into this post today.

We have been doing a ton of variance work for the owner of one of the Detroit locations for months. The whole time we were doing the variance work (minimal charge since he is an old customer and the HIE franchise group was clear they would get me on the vendor list.

Now I'm told that the management company already has their 21 vendors in North America and the one assigned to the midwest "might" call me for the install.

What a pain in the ass.

I know the drill on changeovers, but it seems like they really havent been that organized on this one! (My luck they are going to find this post and banish me)

I have to add this... I actually did get a phone call today to quote the install!

This forum is amazing.... heheheheheheh

I have to add this... I actually did get a phone call today to quote the install!

This forum is amazing.... heheheheheheh

fnd%20(8).gif

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Just curious how folks feel about this project.

I have bid a bunch of these in the last year, they don't seem to know about their project locations, even though they provide you with the info and photos. I have not received any work so far.

The locations are all over and I have bid same locations for more than one sign co, (It could have been 21 evidently)

I have found that the projects are underpriced for the specifications provided. In my opinion, new logo is not as recognizable from a distance.

I have also bid multiple locations for multiple companies, and so far have received only one job. They seem to want to really get the install bid down low. I bid one project for $18,900 that included a high rise change out with welding, remove four sets of letters, patch and paint, and install three new sets of letters, remove and replace four directionals. They sent me a P.O. for $15,000, and were suprised I wouldn't sign it. They said we weren't far apart on numbers, I think 25% is a fairly large difference. I split the difference with them (wouldn't normally do that, but we were tired of standing around looking at each other), then find out from the customer that they were billed almost $28,000 for the install. They net over $11,000 for doing nothing, wish I could have netted half that. I have been working for the owners of this HIE for over ten years, motels, strip centers, etc. I evaluated the bids they received for this project, and recommended the company that got the job, even though they weren't the low bidder. You would think they would appreciate this and not cut me so low on the install. Seems everyone is trying to cut out our profit, every thing I bid for national companies, they come back with a request for a better price. This never use to happen, and I got a large portion of what I bid. I know my expenses haven't gone down, and I haven't raised prices in two years (not even when fuel went thru the roof last year).

IF they want to keep cost down they should leave the pylon footings and poles and just reskirt & put new faces in or a new cabinet. The expense to do a new footing & remove the old one is the largest part of my bids. Instead of screwing with our prices.

• 6 months later...
As in the appearance of the new signs?

Yes, and in the installation/project management aspect.

Somebody doing some Holiday Inn signs for Latin America?

We already make one in Guatemala, one in Argentina..... working another one in Costa Rica and one last in Nicaragua...... seems like they are free to work with any sign company (who could be approved by SMC)

see attached some photos of the holiday inn signs we already made here....

post-3466-126081590203.jpg

post-3466-126081594238.jpg

post-3466-126081598662.jpg

post-3466-126081601658.jpg

• Like 2

We have bid several to Canadian & American companies - poor feedback and not sure anyone is getting the business out here. Do wish they would go with licensed, insured and regulated companies that have a track record of success, but I'm not sure that is the case - especially here in the Phoenix metro area.

I'm sure someone will pop in here to tell me otherwise... :whistling:

• !llumenati

We have bid several to Canadian & American companies - poor feedback and not sure anyone is getting the business out here. Do wish they would go with licensed, insured and regulated companies that have a track record of success, but I'm not sure that is the case - especially here in the Phoenix metro area.

I'm sure someone will pop in here to tell me otherwise... :whistling:

LComment about unlicensed, unregulated, uninsured companies in Phoenix???? Heavens--why would anyone comment about that? That's been a given, forever. And not that I hear the City of PHoenix is back to being shitty about enforcement - there's no reason to go to the trouble of getting legal!!!

gn

• Board Patron

We have bid a number of locations in our area & each location was bid to 5 different vendors. Have yet to hear back from any of them about these jobs. I'm sure they are taking the lowest price they can find on these jobs just like everone else is nowadays !!