ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I need LED's

UPDATED 6/26/09

I need LED's Whites & Red's.

This is for our Sign Syndicate Projects.

• The Great White Hope
  • The Red light District
  • Project Tight Whiteys

Most of these LED manufacturer's are making you buy case quantities of excess and too small a sample to really evaluate. I'd like to buy from you what we are looking for. Depending on the price for what we are looking for I can either buy it form you or trade you a Board Patron membership which gives you access into our projects on evaluating Neon & LED light sources.

Right Now I'm looking for:

• Sloan GW3 (6' length) (Found)

• GE Tetra Mini's (6'&5' length) (Found)
  • JT's (JTSLS005W) 1.5 watt modules (6' length)
  • US LED Mega White Lightning Plus (6' length)
  • Permlight Nitro Daylight 6500 (2ft / 5 mods)

Please PM or email me at admin@thesignsyndicate.com

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I would love to help as well - but we only have AXIOM LED products - so sorry. Hahaha.

I will see if I can get you some. Call me - will show you how...very easy.

I've got some of the GE Tetra CL in Red kicking around, though it's not a recent production batch (maybe 18 months old). I can send 'em with our Red stuff f you want, but you'll have to use the GE power supply separately for these units and not the ROAL 12V box.

I'd like to help but all I have are USLED.

Is it just me, or is it getting REALLY hard to follow what these guys are doing with the part names and numbers? No sooner had they announced a new version of the Pinnacle ("Right White") and "MegaWhite Lighting ("2"!?), they now have "The Point" and "MegaWhite Plus". I've tested both and find them good improvements, with the MegaWhite Pus being very good - but find that 12 little LEDs are quite delicate and even with an inadvertent swipe of a finger, broke off 2 LEDs and permanently damaged the module.

Also noticed the new GE MiniMAX is really effin bright, but also being 1.6W per module and not 0.624W like it's supposed to be. That's a HUGE difference and could be a major problem if whole production batches went out to marker like this. There are either going to be LED failures, or power supply failures (or both). Is anyone using these?

Is it just me, or is it getting REALLY hard to follow what these guys are doing with the part names and numbers? No sooner had they announced a new version of the Pinnacle ("Right White") and "MegaWhite Lighting ("2"!?), they now have "The Point" and "MegaWhite Plus". I've tested both and find them good improvements, with the MegaWhite Pus being very good - but find that 12 little LEDs are quite delicate and even with an inadvertent swipe of a finger, broke off 2 LEDs and permanently damaged the module.

As far as I know they haven't had any major changes untill recently. They have had some new stuff come out this year. Like everyone else they will phase out the old after a while. I don't know who else has used them or what they think about them but I like them. I've never have problems and that's big to me since I sell (whosale) to other shops for the most part.

I'm sure other stuff is just as good for the most part. I've tried some others just to test and was pleasently surprised by most of them. A couple I just could'nt convince myself to install them and take a chance. I just haven't seen a big reason to switch when US LED has been so reliable.

I've got an extra office, I think I'll start manufacturing my own. Ha Ha !!

Is the GE tetra mini supposed to be brighter than their Power White?

No it's not. It should be about 30~40% as bright. You may well be experiencing the same thing - in which case something fishy is going on.

Remember when I was there and showed you how to measure amperage going into each string? If you can find a plain old multi meter that works with DC voltage (unlike your Fluke unit), please try this.

If they are a 12V product and supposed to be 0.624W, then that would be 52mA per module. My measurement is closer to 133mA per module and 1.64W each, which would perfectly explain why it is brighter than the Power White. It will kill both the LED modules AND the power supplies, which could cause a lot of sign shops some decent sized headaches.

Let's get it in and find out. Maybe I'll have to end up buying a whole damn roll.

Anyone? Extras?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Let's get it in and find out. Maybe I'll have to end up buying a whole damn roll.

Anyone? Extras?

You can test it with even one module, or a string of a small number of modules. It sounded like you actually had some being tested and were surprised at the brightness. All I have is a string of 3 mods.

What's your distributor's price for a roll? Is it 100 feet, or 100 pcs?

Edited by YYZ

You can test it with even one module, or a string of a small number of modules. It sounded like you actually had some being tested and were surprised at the brightness. All I have is a string of 3 mods.

What's your distributor's price for a roll? Is it 100 feet, or 100 pcs?

I'd rather run a compartment worth that can be displayed into the comparison. I think it was a 50 min. Have to check. So these are brighter or less than what we have in the GWH?

I'd rather run a compartment worth that can be displayed into the comparison. I think it was a 50 min. Have to check. So these are brighter or less than what we have in the GWH?

The Power White you have in the GWH are supposed to be about 66 lumens per module, while the MiniMax modules are supposed to be 24 lumens (basically 1/3 power and 1/3 brightness). The MiniMax uses the same LED and should be identical in brightness as the Sloan CL5, aside from help the little optic gives with the MiniMax.

The ones I have are approx 250% brighter than they're supposed to be, which is in line with it also using about 250% of the power it's supposed to (1.6W vs 0.624W per mod). Something is not right here and it would be a good idea to find out if more people experiencing the same thing.

• Board Patron

i have white USLED only and maybe some red and blue. If you need them

• The Great White Hope
  • The Red light District
  • Project Tight Whiteys

Most of these LED manufacturer's are making you buy case quantities of excess and too small a sample to really evaluate. I'd like to buy from you what we are looking for. Depending on the price for what we are looking for I can either buy it form you or trade you a Board Patron membership which gives you access into our projects on evaluating Neon & LED light sources.

• Sloan GW3 (6' length)
  • GE Tetra Mini's (5' length)

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• The Great White Hope
  • The Red light District
  • Project Tight Whiteys

• Sloan GW3 (6' length)
  • GE Tetra Mini's (5' length)

I passed this on to our purchasing agent.

Thanks all!

I'll look at how the red US LED's are sold and get back to you, thx again

Just let me know what you "dont" get sent over and I will send the rest. Just email me and let me know. We can trade for board fees, free drinks..whatever.

d

• !llumenati

Just let me know what you "dont" get sent over and I will send the rest. Just email me and let me know. We can trade for board fees, free drinks..whatever.

It's the "whatever" part that could get interesting???? Course signguy would probably go for the drinks..............

d

I'm probably going to have to hit you up on some of that, I imagine you must have a lot of these laying around.

Thx!

• !llumenati
OKay have access to the Sloan GW3 now. Maybe be looking for the USLED MWL Plus

Great White 3's for small channel letters?

gn

The ones I have are approx 250% brighter than they're supposed to be, which is in line with it also using about 250% of the power it's supposed to (1.6W vs 0.624W per mod). Something is not right here and it would be a good idea to find out if more people experiencing the same thing.

I saw the specs for that too on their website. I wonder if it's a misprint, otherwise people will be having Power Supply Issues if they're told the wrong footage and not checking their actual load with a meter.

Hopefully Eric Stevenson of GE will see this and let us know.

• 2 weeks later...