ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Plexiglass Help.

Not sure exactly where to put this.. sorry if it is in the wrong forum. Can someone give me some advice on cutting 1/8 thick Plexi? I've tried my band saw, my router, exactoknife, and a jigsaw, and the darn stuff always cracks whenever I try to do anything intricate..Heck I even tried sanding only (God what a stupid idea that was I gave up after an hour and only removing a few inches of plexi. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Charles.

Should cut fairly well with a bandsaw and router. What kind of blades are you using? What kind of plex?

Oh and what are you trying to make?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Should cut fairly well with a bandsaw and router.  What kind of blades are you using?  What kind of plex?

Oh and what are you trying to make?

I was thinking the same thing.

Another question: How old is the plex? It gets more brittle as it gets older if it's exposed to sun light.

Indeed, old plex will chip like crazy and crack. Most likely your probably using extruded plex which is not good for small intricate projects, that's where cast material shines. But how come you don't use your engraver?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Tried the Engraver and it chipped like you wouldn't believe. I've had the Plex for a few years, sounds like age is probably my problem. I'll buy a new shipment.

. Appreciate the help everyone. I'm making an award stand. They saw an older one I had done and wanted something like it. I use the plexi and cut it into the shape of a badge (Police) (I didn't do this last time my mentor Jack cut the badge out of plexi at home after I had cut the brass out at work so I never got to see how he made it.) Then attach a brass message to it. The stand is also made of Plexi so it has a kind of floating quality to it. I'll take a pick of the old one and send it.

if it's a 1/8 bit spiral single flute you want it at 18,000rpm's and 2 inch/sec

1/4" bit at 15,000 2 inch/sec