ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Music at your place?

I thought it would be a great idea to use this forum to share some ideas on music people listen to and get some ideas on new bands or good music. We always have music playing at our office and manufacturing plant.

Our latest two favorites are:

The FEELERS - Album: ONE WORLD - kick ass New Zealand band

Empire of the Sun - Album: WALKING ON A DREAM - very odd Austrialian band - all the rage in Australia, Europe, and Japan

And this does have to do with signs/art - we all listen to music at our offices/plant - it keeps us all moving.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We listen to Sirius (XM) satelite radio in my shop. We usually have it on Classic Vinyl, which is basically classic rock. When we get bored of that we listen to Alt Nation which is current alternative rock music. We also like the Coffee House, which is mostly acoustic songs.

When I am alone I listen to Howard Stern, but it's not very work appropriate so I only listen when no one else is around.

-Marek

We listen to Sirius (XM) satelite radio in my shop. We usually have it on Classic Vinyl, which is basically classic rock. When we get bored of that we listen to Alt Nation which is current alternative rock music. We also like the Coffee House, which is mostly acoustic songs.

When I am alone I listen to Howard Stern, but it's not very work appropriate so I only listen when no one else is around.

-Marek

We sometimes listend to SLACKER RADIO on our iPhone system - the comedy channels make for a good break and make us laugh. Laughing is good medicine I have learned recently from top Dr. in State of Nevada. Improves your health in many ways.

Country makes me feel :usaflag: and :amerflag:

You would love some of the Australian country music - a lot of cowboys.

In fact since so many men went to work in concrete/building industry in Australia it left an opening for women to find a lot of work being cowgirls...or jilaroos

There was lot of Greek rap bands in Athens on a recent trip there - very odd.

My music depends on my mood.

• Blues

• Hiphop

• Punk

• soft mooshy music

• 80's

80% of the time it's talk radio. Country I can't stand, but love the message. Garett (Elite Lamp) and his wife, along with myself and my wife just got back from a Country concert here at the Cricket Amphitheater last weekend (They are fun as hell to hang out with), a fund raiser for all the fallen soldiers, namely their kids college funds. Charlie Daniels rocks :headbang: I'm not really down with country, but I truly enjoy watching that man with his Violin, he shreds that thing. It's like watching Santa Claus with a big belt buckle, and a big cowboy hat!.

It's once a year, the wife loves country, it's a good cause, so I go and endure for one night. :P

I feel you on the American thing though, so true!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Nice, I saw Charlie Daniels at Cricket a couple of years ago, along with the Marshal Tucker band.

I'm going to Brad Paisley there in October because my fiance told me so. :0wn3d:

-Marek

I watched "Flight 666" on my flight home from LA the other night, and being a long time Iron Maiden fan I loved the movie, and it has me on a bit of a Maiden kick.

:headbang: Up the Irons! :headbang:

Marko, I too love Maiden. A little Judas Priest thrown in for good measure and I'm good for a road trip.

Then I'll change the channel and listen to Keith Urban, Brooks and Dunn ect...

Weird Huh??

Marko, I too love Maiden. A little Judas Priest thrown in for good measure and I'm good for a road trip.

Weird Huh??

You have no idea - will go from very heavy rock, to classical music, to off the beaten track foreign bands, and then to some of the new American acts. It is rather interesting how the music world is going global again - in a big way - it is like the 80s all over again.

I just got 5th row tickets to see U2.

Weird Huh??

I can easily flip from Maiden to Sinatra to Chili Peppers to Duran Duran to Croatian folk music.

But Keith Urban or Brooks and Dunn? Sorry - I honestly just don't get it.

I just got 5th row tickets to see U2.

Another one I just don't get, to be honest. I can handle everything up to Rattle and Hum, but after that I'm unable to listen. Ditto for AC/DC after Back in Black.

I can easily flip from Maiden to Sinatra to Chili Peppers to Duran Duran to Croatian folk music.

But Keith Urban or Brooks and Dunn? Sorry - I honestly just don't get it.

Another one I just don't get, to be honest. I can handle everything up to Rattle and Hum, but after that I'm unable to listen. Ditto for AC/DC after Back in Black.

U2's new album is pretty good.

Went to a Duran Duran concert last month - they are getting old.

Hell, we just paid outrageous amounts for Depeche Mode tickets.

I cannot do Country - not my deal. Closest to it is the lady who is #1 in Japan and Australia - Delta Goodrem - she is just nice to look at as well.

Edited by Manuel Lynch

On my weekend days alone at the shop it is blues as loud as I can take it. During hours I have always felt it should be oldies or country. I think these two styles are the ones that are basically accepted by everyone that may come through my shop at any given time. I dont mind the guys listening to other music styles, I just ask that they put headphones on to listen to their music or turn it down/off when someone comes through.

TEastin

Ozark Mountain Daredevils or Old Crow Medicine Show. nuff said

Guess not here for most folks. But, I might of listened to a song or two of those particular bands.

I like country...

I grew up with my Dad listening to Southern rock type music and my Mom loving American Country. She listen to George Jones and Tammy, Slim Whitman (god, that is hard on the ears), Conway Twitty and what not. I heard CDB and was hooked and then caught the Bocephus bug. Learned my Waylon and the boys from there.

I setup custom playlists on www.justhearit.com as well as slacker radio. Right now, I have John Corbett on which will be followed by Rascal Flatts...

Slacker kicks ass.

Seriously Doug check out Empire of the Sun and then ask Rodney how popular they are.

You have two dates! Its been years since I've seen them

Saw Green Day at the Hard Rock Hotel parking lot concert venue a couple of years ago - was awesome concert.

We provided a lot of power supplies to YESCO on the new Hard Rock Hotel upgrades.