ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Music at your place?

Saw Green Day at the Hard Rock Hotel parking lot concert venue a couple of years ago - was awesome concert.

We provided a lot of power supplies to YESCO on the new Hard Rock Hotel upgrades.

Just don't leave or forget her a the concert!

Last time I saw Green Day was at Iguanna's in TJ Mexico. Now that was a place to see a concert, basically a compound surrounded with high walls composed of broken glass and spikes (forget the barbed wire), this wall will literally impale you! That was the good ol days of the Epitaph Record Concerts which I saw a few times with a list of Bad Religion, Green Day, NOFX, Rancid, Pennywise and others all at the same time. Green Day Always put on a bad show and they weren't a very tight band in my opinion, they were very sloppy and sound much better in the studio than live. Hopefully that has changed, I'm sure it has.

The best bands that played tight and put on a good show was Rancid and of course Bad Religion! The pits were huge and never did I ever walk out of there without a bloody nose, shredded knuckles and of course looking my PageNet Pager somewhere on the beer soaked concrete.

Those were the days

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is Friday - must admit my first concert was Captain & Tenille - you who can forget those classics like Muscrat Love - must be how I became an animal lover.

i was 8 yrs old & was rockin' to Rick Springfield, Billy Joel, Bay City Rollers, Andy Gibb, Joan Jett, Peaches & Herb, then on to J Geils, Madonna, Sugar Hill Gang, Journey, Loverboy, then on to REM, INXS (pre-reorganization), Oasis, Def Leppard, Van Halen, The Smiths, etc.

Butthole Surfers (love Hairway to Steven, cover of Stairway to Heaven), Fugazi, and eventually U2, Sugarcubes, Norah Jones, STP, and now, dare i say, Black Eyed Peas - yes I love Fergie - she's young, confident & rocks in a boy-band.

Have a great weekend - but tomorrow I am going to see the band I have always dreamed of seeing - Depeche Mode - I am a Gen X 80s junkie who was into "Alternative" before there were Goth kids, tattoos, body piercings, etc. We listened to British music that made our parents crazy.

LOVED MTV - feels like yesterday I watched 1st video.................................that was when VH1 played "Oldies"...................................now the music they play makes me feel like I am old enough to love Wayne Newton & Lawrence Welk....................oh yeah..........................probably most youngin's don't know who they are - maybe Donny & Marie?? Cher??

:fnd (1):

I thought it would be a great idea to use this forum to share some ideas on music people listen to and get some ideas on new bands or good music. We always have music playing at our office and manufacturing plant.

Our latest two favorites are:

The FEELERS - Album: ONE WORLD - kick ass New Zealand band

Empire of the Sun - Album: WALKING ON A DREAM - very odd Austrialian band - all the rage in Australia, Europe, and Japan

And this does have to do with signs/art - we all listen to music at our offices/plant - it keeps us all moving.

Music, Music ah yes, Right now I need to listen to Nickelback...They are ass kickin' to say the least. No we do not listen to the censored version. Going to Vegas to see them in concert just for chuckles. Can't wait, not bad for a downeast Maine-ahh.....Old Signsmith

• !llumenati

It may sound wierd but we do not have a stereo in the house. The only time at home there is music is the alarm. I do get to listen to the radio for an average of 3-4 hours a day while driving to and fro. work. While bending is when I also listen. There is a TV going in the house at all times though.

GOOD things happen for a reason......

It may sound wierd but we do not have a stereo in the house. The only time at home there is music is the alarm. I do get to listen to the radio for an average of 3-4 hours a day while driving to and fro. work. While bending is when I also listen. There is a TV going in the house at all times though.

music soothes the savage beast

Music, Music ah yes, Right now I need to listen to Nickelback...They are ass kickin' to say the least. No we do not listen to the censored version. Going to Vegas to see them in concert just for chuckles. Can't wait, not bad for a downeast Maine-ahh.....Old Signsmith

Have a 48 yr. old friend who is grandfather. 1 day he was driving & jammn' to Nickelback. His 21 yr old daughter was in car & was shocked & HATED that they liked the same music!

I love Shock Value - very underrated - always appreciated!

When & where is Nickelback show in Vegas?

Edited by StephanieVegas

Our alarm clock is a barking 14-year old Shih Tzu - she's a ball-buster - thinks she's a Rottweiler!

My cousin's band - "The Latest Rumor". They played Cheyenne Saloon with Agent Orange recently. Fu*king Sick!

Skillet

Living Sacrifice

By the way Manuel - I don't remember Green Day playing at the HR summer concerts.

Will see Dream Theater there though.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas/concerts/

Edited by metaledge0

Have a 48 yr. old friend who is grandfather. 1 day he was driving & jammn' to Nickelback. His 21 yr old daughter was in car & was shocked & HATED that they liked the same music!

I love Shock Value - very underrated - always appreciated!

When & where is Nickelback show in Vegas?

Stephanie.......................................I'm 57 and my seven year old daughter loves Nickelback and knows most of the words(maybe not such a good idea). ssshhhhhocker!...signsmithy

Stephanie.......................................I'm 57 and my seven year old daughter loves Nickelback and knows most of the words(maybe not such a good idea). ssshhhhhocker!...signsmithy

by the by Sept 5/6 Nickelbach MGM Motel

By the way Manuel - I don't remember Green Day playing at the HR summer concerts.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-vegas/concerts/

You are right. It was Linkin Park and not Green Day - my bad. I guess I am getting old.

Saw Linkin Park and Killers in the parking lot that summer.

Depressed Mode? Oh give me a gun now :vio (33): ....j/k, their classic

Ok - so it made me feel old - most people were my age too!!! haha

The Pearl at Palms Hotel is a great venue for concerts.

I thought it would be a great idea to use this forum to share some ideas on music people listen to and get some ideas on new bands or good music. We always have music playing at our office and manufacturing plant.

Our latest two favorites are:

The FEELERS - Album: ONE WORLD - kick ass New Zealand band

Empire of the Sun - Album: WALKING ON A DREAM - very odd Austrialian band - all the rage in Australia, Europe, and Japan

And this does have to do with signs/art - we all listen to music at our offices/plant - it keeps us all moving.

Manuel, I am a new member that has seen your posts in hardcopy, specifically a fax I received about a forum discussion 13/3/08 about massive permlight LED failure on CHASE bank... I am researching a neon vrs led symposium in Sydney and wanted a copy of this forum - it is no longer posted under that topic or your name, which were my only references. Can you update me on this situation? Has the psoting been pulled?

Neon Signs Australia

Welcome to the Board Michael. The search engine for this site sucks, but will improve on the big board upgrade that I make soon.

Here is that thread you were looking for

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2177

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati
Manuel, I am a new member that has seen your posts in hardcopy, specifically a fax I received about a forum discussion 13/3/08 about massive permlight LED failure on CHASE bank... I am researching a neon vrs led symposium in Sydney and wanted a copy of this forum - it is no longer posted under that topic or your name, which were my only references. Can you update me on this situation? Has the psoting been pulled?

Neon Signs Australia

Welcome --------- to the fray. Since Manuel flies over your country all the time getting to New Zealand, just have him stop in and help do the seminar. Now, if you're looking for neon people to come down yonder..........................Hmmmmm, I just might be available to help do the neon part !!

Welcome

gn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda lucked out, by way of getting screwed. I worked for Yesco for over 3 years. I used to be the only guy in my office, and we had the branch manager, reception, and the shop. So I listened to sports radio...I know but its what I like...or rock/blues. Well we hired a tube bender from a rival a few months ago. This guy was going to do custom sales but was under a non compete so they had him writing service...yes, my job. Long boring story short they fired me last Friday, said it was due to cutbacks, which in a way it is, keep the guy that can do neon and custom, AND give him my customers and he can write service too. So screw them, I got a job with with another company here in Washington, they let me work at home (AWESOME), I get to run their service department, and crank the tunes. Oh yeah, they are paying me more that I made after almost 4 years with wonderful Mr. Young and gang. So yeah, blasting AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Metallica, and Limp Bizcut "Counterfeit".

I kinda lucked out, by way of getting screwed. I worked for Yesco for over 3 years. I used to be the only guy in my office, and we had the branch manager, reception, and the shop. So I listened to sports radio...I know but its what I like...or rock/blues. Well we hired a tube bender from a rival a few months ago. This guy was going to do custom sales but was under a non compete so they had him writing service...yes, my job. Long boring story short they fired me last Friday, said it was due to cutbacks, which in a way it is, keep the guy that can do neon and custom, AND give him my customers and he can write service too. So screw them, I got a job with with another company here in Washington, they let me work at home (AWESOME), I get to run their service department, and crank the tunes. Oh yeah, they are paying me more that I made after almost 4 years with wonderful Mr. Young and gang. So yeah, blasting AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Metallica, and Limp Bizcut "Counterfeit".

Friend of ours has played with Metallica before. He plays on Las Vegas strip every Thursday and Friday night...funny Rock Comedy show.