ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

getting paid

I may have come up with a remedy for slow and non paying "national" sign companies. I recently performed a reinstall of a Movie Gallery sign where another inferior company had installed 2 TOGGLE BOLTS per sign in Dryvit (stucco) with NO backing or anything. I.D and Associates contracted us for this install and after 75 days of not getting paid and making threats of removing the signs for non payment, they kept blowing me off and telling me that it would be trespassing if I removed them. I told them I didn't care if I went back to jail (!!!) but still they wouldn't pay. Then, my solution was to inform them that on a "follow up inspection" I noticed some "defects" with the sign faces and that for my own peace of mind and considering the "liability" of the install, maybe I should remove the faces until I could make certain the sign was again "safe". Of course this may take "awhile" considering all aspects of the job. I got the check within 2 days after this revelation. I think they realized this would look bad for their customer, them and everyone concerned. I had the least to lose! Any one else have solutions like this or need to use this one, let's hear about it.

arkmartin

I like that solution, pretty smart thinking. We don't have any problems collecting from the national companies here. Is your company making these national companies fill out credit applications that make them sign and agree to your terms? I had one national account last month shocked that I was having them fill out a credit app. She said in her 10 years doing this, nobody has ever asked for a signed credit app. Our terms that they must have someone with signing authority agree to are net 30, and that the sign is the property of us until paid for. I have only had one account not pay for a simple small install of 10 banners, so after 3 promises i went to the site with a ladder and starting telling all the business owners that their national company hadnt paid so the banners were coming down. Before I got to the third store my cell was ringing saying the cheque would be at the front counter in 20 minutes.