ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Annual Saving? Show me the money!

Or a 2009 Prius against my 1975 Chrysler station wagon with a 440 engine and a 4 barrel carburetor. You could watch the gas gauge move lower.

I'll give my tidbit comparison

For older Neon signs, a 1957 Chevy. A gas gusler, but a classic (Something Tod Swormstedt is eager to collect and something his magazine articles are helping to create). Not very expensive to maintenance or fix, a 10 year old can do it and learn. These cars are still driven around to this day and are highly valued collectors items.

Newer neon systems using Tri or RE Phosphor & Electronic transformers.

Toyota Tundra or Honda civic. Both maintenance free and you can expect they will be around for a long, long time. Gas mileage you can expect 36 in the city or 44 on the freeway, not as efficient as the their hybrid brother and sisters but a lot more efficient than their predecessor older American cars. You can expect these to be just as valuable when it comes time to resale value. When it comes to maintenance and repair you can expect a lower cost, these cars will run forever.

Of course we probably pay more for gas these days in a couple of weeks than we do for electricity in a year.

In the real large realistic scheme of things, clients aren't paying a whole lot for the use of their signs annually.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

post-2140-1255457713.jpg

I'll give my tidbit comparison

For older Neon signs, a 1957 Chevy. A gas gusler, but a classic (Something Tod Swormstedt is eager to collect and something his magazine articles are helping to create). Not very expensive to maintenance or fix, a 10 year old can do it and learn. These cars are still driven around to this day and are highly valued collectors items.

Newer neon systems using Tri or RE Phosphor & Electronic transformers.

Toyota Tundra or Honda civic. Both maintenance free and you can expect they will be around for a long, long time. Gas mileage you can expect 36 in the city or 44 on the freeway, not as efficient as the their hybrid brother and sisters but a lot more efficient than their predecessor older American cars. You can expect these to be just as valuable when it comes time to resale value. When it comes to maintenance and repair you can expect a lower cost, these cars will run forever.

Of course we probably pay more for gas these days in a couple of weeks than we do for electricity in a year.

In the real large realistic scheme of things, clients aren't paying a whole lot for the use of their signs annually.

and the problem with current LED systems is, they are not going to be around in the current packaging.

So what happens in 10 years, or 1.5 years (if the LED are running at 100C) the owners are going to be pissed.

I saw the same thing happen with fiberoptics, the fibers worked great but the illuminators stunk (lamp life 2,500hours) and sometimes the replacement lamps not available. It has reached a point where most owners won't touch the product.

Photograph attached of a clock we made and still make, orginally installed on the outside of our shop approximately 1950 - circular neon tube core/coil transformer. Same transformer, same glass tube - it was regassed in 1980. 59 years is not a bad life at all.

http://www.electrictime.com/tower_clocks/6...ush_edgelighted

This Holiday Inn sign is in Latin America... and is not GE Tetra..... is PERMLIGHT.... (already installed like that in Argentina, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ecuador...)

Is that the El Plato system? Good to see them winning something. I am still an investor in Permlight and would love to see them do better.