ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Show us YOUR co. sign

YYZ

That sounds like a cool thread to start, sounds like it will be one of those long ones that just will never end.

I agree, and even though our sign is very plain, I'll go first.

We're located in an industrial park, in the first unit of our building (facing the street). The landlord only allows plaque style sings on square blanks that are located next to each door, so we simply stuck our logo on in vinyl and were done with it. I have since been able to persuade them to allow us to make an illuminated sign that is exactly the same size, but with a little more flair.

The sign will be about 3/4" thick and be internally illuminated with one of our LumiPane light panels. The face will have push-thru acrylic letters thru a laser cut and formed aluminum face. It will be mounted on 3/4" standoffs and be halo-lit around the perimeter using either color changing RGB or Warm White LEDs. We might as well make some more internal signs to match, so I'll post shots when ready - but I figured this could be a really good thread as Erik said above, and someone has to TOFTT and get the ball rolling.

So with that said - let's see what kind of signs the sign guys use to show off or 'brand' their own companies. Who's got next?

post-698-1252778273.jpg

post-698-1252778328.jpg

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy

We are at the very end in an industrial park so not a great place to display our talent. We show off by taking the customers through our 18,000 sq. ft. plant and seeing many other signs in process.post-2142-1252947910.jpg

post-2142-1252948324.jpg

Nice building. Looks well kept as well.

Agreed - it looks well kept and probably shows well when clients do come by. Some places don't benefit from their signs being seen (like us) but there's still something to be said for showing off your own capabilities a little.

PS - I was beginning to think I might be the only one to post in this thread - so thanks for joining in Dan :)

Keep 'em coming!

• !llumenati
Thanks guys, I read but don't often chirp in, always interesting.

I agree ---- really nice looking shop. But ---------- why don't you "chirp" in more often ?

gn

Because I picked the two most economically strapped states in the country to do business in!! (Mi. & Fl.) and had to get back to the customers (feels good), but I will try to contribute more often.

Guys, really??

All you guys and gals in the sign industry and none of you have signs on your buildings or tall metal trees planted out on the curb to show us? Don't be shy, some of sign guys have the ugliest ones but only make them better for others (because we're being paid for it!) :whistling:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Well, I don't have the photos (they are on our designers computer) but you can see our samples at our newly revamped website http://hansonsigns.com.

Not to be confused with www.hansonsign.com, they are in NY and a much larger facility than us.

Edited by High Voltage
clickable url

Hey now, that's a cheap shot! AND a very bad pic taken with a lousy digital camera that does no justice to the real clarity of that fantastic sign. :eyebrow:

Look at the lack of dead space needed on both sides of that sign! :P Demo work, demo work!

What I've been trying to dig up was my old shop pic of a roof top sign that I had. Many a parties I had at that shop, 20 years old, single, bands playing. If I could return to be a fly on that wall during that time. fnd%20(22).gif

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

First time posting, new member.

There is a nice shot of our building sign on the splash page of our website.

http://www.gablesigns.com

This sign is actually florescent with trim cap letters and the entire outer corner is radiused (inset sign foam) so that it is smoothed and more "pill" like.

• Board Patron

Because we are located in a mostly rural residental area, we are not allowed to have a lighted sign..... and limited on size to about 3x5. I am NOT taking a picture of that pathetic thing! We have talked about redoing it, when it slows down and we aren't all on vacation...

Because we are located in a mostly rural residental area, we are not allowed to have a lighted sign..... and limited on size to about 3x5. I am NOT taking a picture of that pathetic thing! We have talked about redoing it, when it slows down and we aren't all on vacation...

Hey man, that's more than we're allowed and I took the leap of posting ours ;)

Hey man, that's more than we're allowed and I took the leap of posting ours ;)

Yeah, and someone was kind enough to post mine FOR me! :P

Welcome to the underground Joe, thanks for posting your sign link :thumbs:

"Show me yours and I'll show you mine". I got in big trouble when I was 6 ears old for playing this game.

Hey man, I still play that game and the whole point is to get into a little trouble ;)

post-2993-1253736727.jpgSIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE.

That's advice a lot of designers should take.

Hi Shelly - just wondering if those letters are face it only, or do you have some halo lighting casting onto those white backer panels?

• !llumenati
That's advice a lot of designers should take.

Hi Shelly - just wondering if those letters are face it only, or do you have some halo lighting casting onto those white backer panels?

My guess ---------------------- is they aren't lit ?????????? If they are, doesn't appear to be any drain holes. Do I win the prize?

gn

My guess ---------------------- is they aren't lit ?????????? If they are, doesn't appear to be any drain holes. Do I win the prize?

gn

sorry you lose, face lit channel letters mounted on a backer panel and yes there are drain holes... we are a ul shop after all.

• !llumenati
sorry you lose, face lit channel letters mounted on a backer panel and yes there are drain holes... we are a ul shop after all.

Hey, gotta lose once in a while ---------- keeps me trying. Must have been a black hole that I missed amonst the black paint..............

gn