ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

What Crane & Bucket Truck Do You Use?

Erik Sine

What Crane & Bucket Truck Do You Use?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Crane(s) Do You Use?

• Elliot
    • Skylift
    • Radocy
    • Wilkie
    • Skyhook
    • Other
  2. 2. Which Bucket(s) Do You Use?

• Elliot
    • Skylift
    • Radocy
    • Wilkie
    • Vanladder
    • Warwick Ladder(tele-lift)
    • RH Ladder
    • other
  3. 3. Which one would have WISH you had instead?

• I'm happy with what I have
    • Elliot
    • Skylift
    • Radocy
    • Wilkie
    • Other
  4. 4. Which crane do you prefer to use?

• Elliot
    • Skylift
    • Radocy
    • Wilkie
    • Skyhook
    • Other

• Board Patron

We have and old Radocy 85' round tube it's a workhorse but a newer 110' square tube would be nice but not a necessity.

Our bucket trucks are a 41' foot altec and a 83' altec .

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

We have and old Radocy 85' round tube it's a workhorse but a newer 110' square tube would be nice but not a necessity.

Our bucket trucks are a 41' foot altec and a 83' altec .

some company needs to manufacture a lite weight fast all hydraulic bucket crane just for the sign industrie agout a 77 ft, and a 48 ft reach, low cost on a multi fuel vechicle that has at least a million mile warranty, anyone want to help come up with a prototype design it and i will find a way to make it come to life :construction:

How about an electric truck that you just back the bucket into a power line (the low voltage secondary side!) and it recharges it's batteries for free.

(That's just a joke by the way... There are enough powerline fatalities involving bucket trucks as it is!)

Edited by bigclive

• Board Patron

when you choose "other", please make a note which it is.

Also explain further your likes and dislikes about your equipment.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

thats funny,

haha

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Our equipment is great - the wilkie ladder (50') is on it's third truck, the crane truck is a 2001 Skylift (55'), all works great. We don't need anything taller since nowhere we go do they allow anything over 12'.... sometimes we do have to sub out a crane from a local company.

Hey, anyone have their crane operators officially licensed? We are paying almost $1800 to have two guys get their operators license for our 55' crane.

Our equipment is great - the wilkie ladder (50') is on it's third truck, the crane truck is a 2001 Skylift (55'), all works great. We don't need anything taller since nowhere we go do they allow anything over 12'.... sometimes we do have to sub out a crane from a local company.

Hey, anyone have their crane operators officially licensed? We are paying almost $1800 to have two guys get their operators license for our 55' crane.

Yeah, my former boss paid for us all to go through crane cert. But, who is certifying your guys and to what advantage?

We have an 85" Elliot which is pretty good. The problem is it's single axle so it has very little payload. It really needs a tag axle so we can carry heavy stuff on the copious bed.

We also have a 50' Skywalk. The original Skywalk from Vantage Point, before Elliot bought them out. Really great truck. Really really great truck. The guys call it the 'wonder truck.' A 16' platform is something akin to working on the ground. The only hardship is the truck is 36' long. I never once picked up the outriggers. It reached all if it from one spot.

We also have a 101' National Crane (now Manitowac) and an old medium-duty 85' Skyhook.

All of you with the ALTECs, I assume they are elbow trucks? We've tried, our guys despise elbow trucks. They seem so fussy compared to a straight stick.

• Board Patron
We have an 85" Elliot which is pretty good. The problem is it's single axle so it has very little payload. It really needs a tag axle so we can carry heavy stuff on the copious bed.

We also have a 50' Skywalk. The original Skywalk from Vantage Point, before Elliot bought them out. Really great truck. Really really great truck. The guys call it the 'wonder truck.' A 16' platform is something akin to working on the ground. The only hardship is the truck is 36' long. I never once picked up the outriggers. It reached all if it from one spot.

We also have a 101' National Crane (now Manitowac) and an old medium-duty 85' Skyhook.

All of you with the ALTECs, I assume they are elbow trucks? We've tried, our guys despise elbow trucks. They seem so fussy compared to a straight stick.

Altec's are not fussy at all if you are used to them, but if you get a squirt boom like we have your guys will love it , and you can get in places the big basket straight stick will not even think of going!

Oh on more thing how do your guys handle a sign when the truck has to be parked really close to the structure and the sign is lower that your boom length? Bring on the knuckle boom!!!!!!!! LOL

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• 1 month later...

2006 Manitex 62 skycrane. Bought the truck new, its been a real letdown ever since we got it.

Works great when it works, but I swear we cant get a full month without some kind of problem.

Blown hyro lines, failed valves, anti-2blcok from hell. Problems with the cummins engine, tool boxes comming loose, cat track comming aprat - Many times till we found it was to long...

Its been a real problem.

Oh on more thing how do your guys handle a sign when the truck has to be parked really close to the structure and the sign is lower that your boom length? Bring on the knuckle boom!!!!!!!! LOL

Have you seen a Skywalk? You can take two techs, the pattern, all the letters, your tool boxes, lunch & a water jug & not come back down until the job is done. They really are brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Also explain further your likes and dislikes about your equipment.

Elliotte has a short deck and a low payload, still I like it, the Skyhook has been around a long time and I know how to repair it.

The same with the Warwick telelift , easy to repair and very reliable.

Thanks

Dave