ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I have a shopbot, wish I had a tool changer but I'm content with what I have. Whoever you choose, make sure their techs are always easily available to help you out. Every time I call I get someone, also the shopbot community itself is huge and helpful with a large populated forum.

Some of those regular CNC manufacturer's are late in getting back to you and not easily available to their users.

I would find someone in my area for whichever manufacturer you go with and visit them in person, ask them a lot of questions, find a lot of users.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I have an AXYZ 5 x 10 ft. 10 HP HSD spindle with vac hold down. Had it for 6 years and no problems. I don't have an auto tool changer and don't really miss it since I just cut flat materials for signage.

I would reccomend the vac. hold down though. If you have a limited budget, I would go with less router and get the vaccum hold down. You get better material yeild, you can cut faster and cleaner and it's just a lot easier.

Get a mister attachment if you plan to cut a lot of aluminum. You get much better cuts (smoother edges) and the bits last a lot longer. At $30.00 each, that means something.

Edited by geraldi

Highvoltage,

Do you have a router or a high frequency spindle? What about hold down?

I Have a 3HP Colombo HF Spindle. I would recommend against a router since the sign game has a lot of aluminum in play and you can adjust your speeds accordingly to your material being cut, and it's quiter.

A Vacuum hold down is nice, I don't have one. I use Carpet tape for that. A lot of times I will use down spiral bits on plastics so I can use less tape and the material is pressed down at the point of the bit and not up.

Since my sacrificial board is MDF I opted not to use my mister kit (wanna buy one? :P ) and bought a Vortex cool air gun which changes the ambient temp -100 degrees and hits my router bits at the cutting point to keep them cool, giving them longer life and creating a better edge on the material I'm cutting.

I'm very happy with my Shopbot CNC, it does a lot more than I will ever use it for.

Other things you will/might need along with your CNC, or have not factored in for additional costs

• Correct Service panel size
  • Air filter above the CNC
  • Dust collector
  • Computer & software
  • Cool air gun or mister
  • 2 phase/3phase
  • 2 Stage Compressor

Other than that, I would highly recommend getting one, it will change how you do business. It sure did for me. It's one of those things like an iphone, you wonder how the hell you got around before you ever had one.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill