ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sign Estimators

Arryn

I recently starting estimating at my company, and was wondering if anyone knows what an average salary for an estimator would be. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

What's your experience and what type and volume company do you work for?

I'm new to estimating (only two months under my belt). We're a full service electric sign company with about $2.5 million in annual sales.

The estimator is an important position and if you are at good volume shop you could make 15.00 to 25.00 an hour. It's very hard to put a hard number on it because of geographic location ect... If you are a good estimator and make money for your employer, don't under price and don't over price (don't leave money on the table but get the job) I would say you are a valuable asset. Good sign estimators are hard to find. Getting to a point where you price jobs right everytime is hard to do.

A company with 2.5 mil in sales won't pay an estimator as much as a 20 mil company. In a 2.5 mil company you probably wear more than one hat. At 2.5 mil you probably have 15 employees +/- (according to what your product mix is) so everyone has to help everyone else.

Probably didn't help you much! Good luck.

• Board Patron

Arryn, Our shop is smaller but we pay our sales/estimator (he does both) at the higher end of the scale. No Commission - and he has some other percs as well. I think Geraldi hit it right on.

Cheers!

Arryn, Our shop is smaller but we pay our sales/estimator (he does both) at the higher end of the scale. No Commission - and he has some other percs as well. I think Geraldi hit it right on.

Cheers!

Thanks!