ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

More UL fees???

Also kinda like years back when some would would say, "Can you get me a xerox copy of that?"

There are a couple of MET members here, maybe they will chime in. There is a bigger initial upfront cost going to MET, but you will save about a grand annually rather than staying with UL

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

As a wholesaler I have not applied fora sign permit for about 10 years. Last time I had to endure that I swore if I ever had to come back to that place there would be an Uzi in my briefcase!

Kidding, of course, but that's how I felt.

If I were in retail signage once again, I think I would do anything and everything to make my signs exempt from UL regs. Since it's been some time, can some of you pros help out with the list? by memory,...

-transformers under 3kV to ground are exempt

-transformers under 15mA are exempt

Could you be exempt with a 15kV, 15mA transformer?

I guess industry is trying to get a long with UL, but it seems to me that the small sign shop would be better off paying for more numerous, smaller transformers.

The smaller secondary current could be worked around with smaller diameter tubing. which is also cheaper and easier to bend....

What say you all?

Garett

Sincerely,

Garett Churchill

Fluxeon, Inc.

USA

• Board Patron

Could it be a kawinkidink that UL is located in Chicago, :scratchhead: ya know the city our pres. is from. I know thats not fair to compare, my taxes havent gone up that much :Lets_do_it_wild: to pay for all the corrupt companies that got bailed out on our money.

Why would UL approve a cathode housing that does not meet the minimum arc test????? Maybe someone is on the board ????

Why even use UL. It seems every product is listed anyway. I once had a UL guy ask about the glass I was bending.

To another post . The inspectors should supply thier own calibration tools like the certified weight for pull tests, Oh yeah the only place you can get an approved one is from a city called Chicago :muahaha:

Where was the certified gauge tester made???

There should be a tax rebate for having a UL sticker.

Started with the manufacturers in my opinion as they all wanted an edge over the other guy. What does UL approval on a glass tube support mean when the part hasn't changed in 50 years. The industry needs to tell UL to get lost and start using folks like MET, etc. Technically UL must recognize these marks and can't do anything to anyone using them but they will make life rough for a time. I believe Phillips Electronics told UL to get lost a long time ago and they won't use them ever as far as i know. UL is crushing everyone and they have to be stopped.