ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Shame...Shame

It is people like these that give our whole industry a BAD RAP, Especially Neon!!

At night you can see that they did not use 2161 transformers....Not is there going to be a Fire, But when will it Happen???

They should be found and run outta town..Tared & Feathered.

:aufsmaul_2:

post-1455-125924769321.jpg

post-1455-125924774457.jpg

post-1455-125924777621.jpg

post-1455-125924780486.jpg

post-1455-125924787587.jpg

• !llumenati

It is people like these that give our whole industry a BAD RAP, Especially Neon!!

At night you can see that they did not use 2161 transformers....Not is there going to be a Fire, But when will it Happen???

Damn, that is one lousy job. I think I'd be immediately on the phone to the city................

gn

• Board Patron

oh but remember according to the LED folks it's the neon that is the problem not the hacks!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

oh but remember according to the LED folks it's the neon that is the problem not the hacks!

The hyperbole doesn't help.

The fact that is isn't always well made - whether complete hacks like this one or just a matter of quantity-vs-quality leaving a shop - doesn't disprove that neon can be a problem.

It's been said on this very forum be several "LED folks" that neon itself can be a great technology and that at times, LEDs can be the wrong technology or be just as poorly made as bad neon.

With both technologies you have to use the right products and care about what you make/sell.

• Board Patron

true marko, but you have to admit there are those that try to "scare" up business by stating how dangerous and archaic neon is and never mention that there are situations where neon is the perfect solution.

P.S. I don't know that my statement would qualify as a hyperbole by definition.

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Its obvious that this restaurant is not a viable business. Dont waste your time worrying about non-viable businesses. We have people in this area doing signs for beans. This country is being populated by third world immigrants that will never even try to come up to our standards.

• Board Patron

OMG! I have never seen anything like that. I can not believe that a City or County where this is installed has allowed it to remain. But you are right, this shoddy work is what we first rate folks have to fight every day. I hear at least weekly how badly at least one of my new customers HATES the sign industry. It takes weeks of doing what you say you are going to do and meaning it to change their minds. We are punished for work that folks like this are out doing. This is just a shame.

Its obvious that this restaurant is not a viable business. Dont waste your time worrying about non-viable businesses. We have people in this area doing signs for beans. This country is being populated by third world immigrants that will never even try to come up to our standards.

It is in fact a viable business, it has been in business over 9 years and is a high volume establishment. Why would anyone not be concerned about the safty of human life , even if it was a hole in the wall dive, people could still be burned or lose their life if a fire broke out. :scratchhead:

This was not third world immigrants that installed this neon, it was a couple of slap happy idiots with a pick-up and a ladder that call themselves a sign company. :sml (26):

It is in fact a viable business, it has been in business over 9 years and is a high volume establishment. Why would anyone not be concerned about the safty of human life , even if it was a hole in the wall dive, people could still be burned or lose their life if a fire broke out. :scratchhead:

This was not third world immigrants that installed this neon, it was a couple of slap happy idiots with a pick-up and a ladder that call themselves a sign company. :sml (26):

why would a viable business pay these people ? just because they have been there 9 years and have a high volume doesnt make it viable. to me, the fact that they paid them is revealing. they cant afford real sign work. i know many a non-viable business that have been at it a long time. i wont even talk to them. this bs is going to continue forever. if they dont get a permit, they dont need an inspection, and the city wont go after them because they dont work that way.

why would a viable business pay these people ? just because they have been there 9 years and have a high volume doesnt make it viable. to me, the fact that they paid them is revealing. they cant afford real sign work. i know many a non-viable business that have been at it a long time. i wont even talk to them. this bs is going to continue forever. if they dont get a permit, they dont need an inspection, and the city wont go after them because they dont work that way.

I agree, why would they pay?? I would'nt..... My concern is loss of property and life....Shame on the city for allowing this to happen and Shame on the Local Fire Marshall for not noticing this for the length of time it has been up/down...!

I agree, why would they pay?? I would'nt..... My concern is loss of property and life....Shame on the city for allowing this to happen and Shame on the Local Fire Marshall for not noticing this for the length of time it has been up/down...!

I agree, the truth is theyre too busy torturing the honest and ethical people to bother with the hacks.

• Board Patron

I agree, the truth is theyre too busy torturing the honest and ethical people to bother with the hacks.

AMEN!! Those of us that do it right, pull permits, have inspections, and install correctly they hound the heck out of for the least little thing, but this kind of stuff is allowed to remain up. The guys on the ladder that put it up probably don't even have any insurance, so if it was to burn these folk's business to the ground, and heaven forbid kill everyone inside, they wouldn't be held responsible. And the rest of us have to wonder why our insurance rates are so high?? :filleloupgarou:

I don't know if it's the crazy quoting, super sized text, every other user having a "G" as their involuntary avatar, or just the (hideous) Christmas site theme - but this has been the ugliest thread ever to exist on this forum.

I think my eyes are bleeding.

:vio (33):

AMEN!! Those of us that do it right, pull permits, have inspections, and install correctly they hound the heck out of for the least little thing, but this kind of stuff is allowed to remain up. The guys on the ladder that put it up probably don't even have any insurance, so if it was to burn these folk's business to the ground, and heaven forbid kill everyone inside, they wouldn't be held responsible. And the rest of us have to wonder why our insurance rates are so high?? :filleloupgarou:

yeah im sweatin that insurance payment RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• 4 months later...

This restaurant should be boycott. If this is the competence they have for hired work, what's in my soup?

I think I spotted the installers! Can you say Workman's Comp.!

post-3282-127127844896.jpg

I think I spotted the installers! Can you say Workman's Comp.!

Judging by the taped-on cast on the guy's right leg - I think he's probably the owner and not eligible for comp (or is that law different in the US?).

At least they're in decent vehicles with decent Featherlite ladders - not like some rusted out 1982 pickup with a hand cranked boom that's about to fall apart.

Guest Signtiffic

Hacksters. I knows it's an old thread....but I don't remember ever reading this one. I'd like to slap those slap happy van jockeys. This is similar to why we can't have more nuclear power plants..... lack of qualified people to responsibly insure safety and quality. Granted, like all institutions, NASA has had it's follies. Yet we're about to shitcan a whole lot of smart people when shuttle operations cease to exist. Here's the problem; even with a lot of smart people who know their trade, there appears to be more "hacks" than professionals. There's no enforcement of standards, or qualifications to meet which are enforced. Just because of that, best practice naturaly tends to be defined as "fast and cheap" instead "safe to eat". Yet everyone swallows it (except for here at the syndicate) until a fire breaks out. Maybe fire never happens. However, the way that that pile of junk is put together, it's only a matter of time before somebody takes a full 12-15k 30-60ma shock.

As for the boneheads who claim responsibilty for this work of art..... :spank:

• Board Patron

It is everyone responsibility to report these hacks and the crap work they do. If the fire marshal wont do anything than than go to the mayor and the news if need be. Maybe a stop at the customer getting the work(?) They had to call someone out, they were cheap and made the sign light again. The restaurant owner knows as much about signs as I do about making holandaze(sp) sauce.

I think this site should post pics of hack work along with the offenders names. Pier pressure can only help.

• Board Patron

It is everyone responsibility to report these hacks and the crap work they do. If the fire marshal wont do anything than than go to the mayor and the news if need be. Maybe a stop at the customer getting the work(?) They had to call someone out, they were cheap and made the sign light again. The restaurant owner knows as much about signs as I do about making holandaze(sp) sauce.

I think this site should post pics of hack work along with the offenders names. Pier pressure can only help.

Hell I think those assholes would not care if their name was posted on here they don't can't read

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Hell I think those assholes would not care if their name was posted on here they don't can't read

If they even have a name! I keep loosing work to a company called "oh some guy I know who does sheet metal work", and apparently paint, vinyl, and neon!

• Board Patron

If they even have a name! I keep loosing work to a company called "oh some guy I know who does sheet metal work", and apparently paint, vinyl, and neon!

You dont even want that type of work. They would nickel and dime you, after using your drawing to send to 9 other companies.

CALL THE CITY !!!!!!!! CALL OSHA!!!!!! CALL THE HALL IF UNION !!!! WE Cant not let these assholes take over a large segment of the work. Then fuck it up for everyone that is trying to do it right. St. Louis County said they will vigorously check any sign that is believed to bet non UL non permitted. The will take calls and you dont even have to give your name.