ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Adding more paperwork to my list of growing list of worries and responsibilities...

I have been waiting for more feedback from some of my freelance clients but any thoughts on this?

http://www.calsign.o...on.html#title24

I've already had to pull a couple of permits in one particular county that contained and written by all the pot smoking, dirty, tree hugging, birkenstock wearing hippies of title 24 in my electrical sign permitting.

:treehugger:

It's more paperwork, but a little scary when you have these individuals couting and monitoring our energy consumption. They have already stopped the sale of large screen TV's in CA. What is next?

As I've always told these energy hippies when I see them in person. BUILD another plant!

CA is growing, and they think it makes sense to CONSERVE, are you KIDDING?!?!?

They can take their Demand Response and shove it up their electrical SOCKET! :shocked:

More paper work and time just gets passed on to our poor clients, do we really need that in our economy?

On a side note. I just spent 2.5 days trying to pull a permit for three channel letter sets with the county of San Diego. The initial so called early "Plan Checker" was complaining that many of here co workers had been laid off. I kid you not, I had to pull a number and wait to be called, and I went through 7 different checks in 7 different desks for this sign permit. I'm still not done with this permit yet as now I come to find out I have to go through a Design Review Committee (Yippee, more hippies) then go back to them for final approval. Anyway, the county of San Diego just sent me through 2.5 days of hell what would have taken the City of San Diego, or any other small county 1 hour to tell me or process.

They have the nerve to wonder why there are layoffs?!?!? Seriously?!??! It takes 7 people to do what one would? You think?!?!??!

I have to see a county gutter checker o sign his approval on my plans???? Really?

At the near end before being told that I have to have approval from the committee, the lady relays to me that if a swallows nest is in the area of my wall prior to installation I need to call wild life and game to find out how to proceed further

Does that tree hugger who just put me through hell for thoe days really thinkI'm going to give a rats ass about swallows?!??! I'm really going call and put my client on hold over a friken bird!??! Right, lets see what shovel does to a mud nest!

California, a real great place to visit, but you don't want to live here. Let alone do business here. Wonder why everyone's leaving? Don't!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I dig your response... it's getting ridiculous around here.

Do you think you are going to have issues with San Diego's "Fabrication" licensing? Or is that old news?

I have had to deal with L.A. fabrication license when sending jobs out to bid, now I think S.D. County is going to be doing it.

Edited by Kingpin Creative

Do you think you are going to have issues with San Diego's "Fabrication" licensing? Or is that old news?

I have had to deal with L.A. fabrication license when sending jobs out to bid, now I think S.D. County is going to be doing it.

Maybe I missed something, Fab Licensing?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Maybe I missed something, Fab Licensing?

This bulletin is from this month....For structural fabrication of signs...

Here:

http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/industry/pdf/infobulletin/ib111.pdf

and they reference here.... http://www.sandiego.gov/development-services/industry/pdf1998/bnl17-03.pdf

The second pdf is revised 1999 Must refer to special projects. I've never heard of shop inspections for cerain projects but maybe someone will chime in, someone from the larger shops. I just pulled a permit last week, and it's just the usual. Be licensed, bonded, insured, Listed by UL or other etc.

Only thing I saw was high prices in permitting, what's new huh?