ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Western States Sign Show (San Diego)

Anyone coming to this? I know a few are. It's in Mission Beach. I thought some of us can meet for Dinner or just appetizers & drinks.

Chime in here for those that are interested, Kirstie and I are going to meet up with a few of you Saturday. Mission Beach and PB have some good places for drinks and eats so I thought we should meet at the PB Ale House around 5PM. The PB Ale House is a few blocks north of The Catamaran

[/url]Pacific Beach Ale House

www.pbalehouse.com

GoogleMap

721 Grand Avenue

San Diego, CA 92109-3905

(858) 581-2337

Western States Sign Show

Event Date: 10-February 10 ends 13-February 10 (Ranged Event)

Western States Sign Show & Conference

Convention Dates: February 10-13, 2010

Show Dates: February 12-13, 2010

Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa

3999 Mission Blvd

San Diego, CA 92109

http://www.wssc.us.com/

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
Meeting Place & Time

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a pretty small show - what's the foot traffic like? A networking trip might work for me if I can co-ordinate some other meetings in SoCal...

It's a small show, I'm only expecting the regular vendors and local sign shops.

We might find an excuse to jump down to San Diego - never a bad place to visit. Post when you decide on a date. We have several customers in San Diego area - including one of the big ones.

I will be there, presenting the Friday afternoon program "You Can Work with City Hall".

Great topic - is it possible for you to start addressing regional rebate programs that sign companies should be aware of - for example in California SDG&E, PG&E, SCE, and I think one other small company have rebate programs for using certain technologies.

As ISA travels around USA it would be great to make each area aware of what is available - we are always suprised how locals usually do not know of the rebates.

I will be there, presenting the Friday afternoon program "You Can Work with City Hall".

Great topic - is it possible for you to start addressing regional rebate programs that sign companies should be aware of - for example in California SDG&E, PG&E, SCE, and I think one other small company have rebate programs for using certain technologies.

As ISA travels around USA it would be great to make each area aware of what is available - we are always suprised how locals usually do not know of the rebates.

The rebate programs aren't any incentive for a sign company or client. It's so bad even SDG&E knows it's bad, $20 a letter isn't doesn't invite much of an interest.

They should offer more then we'll be right back up there with the low flow toilet thing :paperbag:

We're looking either Friday night or Saturday. I say Saturday. I just need a number of people so I can plan a spot close to the resort.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Anyone coming to this?

I will be there, Manuel. I've been going for the last 3 WSSC San Diego regional shows and I always get a lot out of it. Of course, as a member of the Board of Directors of the California Sign Association, I have to go. But I like the intimacy when compared to the larger shows, allowing more time to rub shoulders with WSSC and ISA Board members and more attention from the exhibitors.

This year, the show ismoving from the oversized Convention Center to The Catamaran Resort on Mission Bay which should allow us to take the place over.

And, Buckeye, I have already registered for your seminar. :sml (26):

Edited by slowdncr

Anyone coming to this?

I will be there, Manuel. I've been going for the last 3 WSSC San Diego regional shows and I always get a lot out of it. Of course, as a member of the Board of Directors of the California Sign Association, I have to go. But I like the intimacy when compared to the larger shows, allowing more time to rub shoulders with WSSC and ISA Board members and more attention from the exhibitors.

This year, the show ismoving from the oversized Convention Center to The Catamaran Resort on Mission Bay which should allow us to take the place over.

And, Buckeye, I have already registered for your seminar. sml (26).gif

Slowdncr did Mike Armenta contact you? He will be in the country then - would be great if we could get him to meet us down in San Diego. I know he is coming to Las Vegas to meet us.

Also - another one of your "local" competitors is having a lot of success using our AXLE7 product. Maybe over a drink or two Stephanie and I can convince you too!

Slowdncr did Mike Armenta contact you? He will be in the country then - would be great if we could get him to meet us down in San Diego. I know he is coming to Las Vegas to meet us.

Also - another one of your "local" competitors is having a lot of success using our AXLE7 product. Maybe over a drink or two Stephanie and I can convince you too!

Good point. I'll check in with Mikey.

No one in California is a "competitor". We are all in the same business. That's why I put so much stock in these events, and to meet individuals like yourself that are willing to share what they've learned from being in the sign industry. I'll be registered at the Catamaran and will welcome the chance to discuss your product and our potential applications.

There are a couple of places right out in front and in fast walking distance of the Catamaran, I'll get back with a indoor outdoor patio bar and grill that should fit the situation for Saturday.

There are a couple of places right out in front and in fast walking distance of the Catamaran, I'll get back with a indoor outdoor patio bar and grill that should fit the situation for Saturday.

So are we firming up the night of the 13th Feb? If so will arrange to be there.

Yes, let's affirm Saturday early evening. I thought PB alehouse, couple blocks north of the Catamaran.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=pb+ale+house&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&ei=wGpGS5ywM42ItQPn6dH9CA&sll=32.794379,-117.254881&sspn=0.001786,0.00298&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=12413331165826763469&ved=0CB0QpQY&hq=pb+ale+house&hnear=&ll=32.794393,-117.255272&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=pb+ale+house&gl=us&hl=en&cd=1&ei=wGpGS5ywM42ItQPn6dH9CA&sll=32.794379,-117.254881&sspn=0.001786,0.00298&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=12413331165826763469&ved=0CB0QpQY&hq=pb+ale+house&hnear=&ll=32.794393,-117.255272&spn=0.006295,0.006295&t=h&iwloc=A&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

If you blow the map up you'll see the Catamaran is about three blocks away. There is Hooters right across the street, heh.

Yes, let's affirm Saturday early evening. I thought PB alehouse, couple blocks north of the Catamaran.

I'll try to be there. I'll be the one walking over from Hooters.

:beerchug:

and back to? lol,

Good to hear you plan on it.

Stephanie and I are coming - we may even exhibit our AXLE7 product and let people see it first hand.

Look forward to seeing your product. There are about 42 exhibitors registered right now. For those that want to see more information on the show go to:

http://www.wssc.us.com/

Is it possible for us to Exhibit a table top on Saturday only? We are coming from out of the country/New Zealand and dont have time to exhibit on Friday.

Is it possible for us to Exhibit a table top on Saturday only? We are coming from out of the country/New Zealand and dont have time to exhibit on Friday.

I can't speak for the WSSC, but I'm pretty sure they'll accommodate you under the circumstances. My advice is to use the link to contact their Exec., Patti King.

Bummer, I was just about to change the venue to Hooters until I just found out Hooters is closed.

So we're back trying to firm up this meet. I've stayed at the Catamaran before. Their lounge really isn't that bad, but there are some places on the ocean beachfront a few blocks away that might give us a chance to get away and not be too obvious to all others at the hotel.

I'll be making the trip down also - will be nice to put some more faces to names.

Maybe I will finally convince you to move to the other side of the world to the Canadian counterpart - New Zealand. We need to talk about color changing cove as well. Big opportunity for you.

It's a small show, I'm only expecting the regular vendors and local sign shops.

We might find an excuse to jump down to San Diego - never a bad place to visit. Post when you decide on a date. We have several customers in San Diego area - including one of the big ones.

I am in. Sounds like a good time. How would I get A hold of you once I am down there?