ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Western States Sign Show (San Diego)

You know we'll be there, how about Hooters? We know a bartender there :fnd (1):

I don't think Hooters closed, I think they did move though. Did we find out a time and place and who we are contacting to make sure we know where to find each other?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know we'll be there, how about Hooters? We know a bartender there :fnd (1):

I don't think Hooters closed, I think they did move though. Did we find out a time and place and who we are contacting to make sure we know where to find each other?

yes, well meet at the PB Ale House as I updated the first post at say 5pm

My RSVP system is outcoded since I upgraded the board. So can those who plal on attending please PM me your cell# that way I can contact you should something change.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Hello Sign dudes and dudettes,

Is the invitation open to all?

We (Scoreboard Solutions) are a small company (but mighty!),relatively new to The Board and try to watch and learn. Our core business overlaps heavily with the sign industry, so it behooves us to find good contacts with sign experience. Our line of work opens new doors every day.

Anyway, being San Diego locals, would enjoy the opportunity to meet some more good peeps in the industry. You can check us out at "ScoreboardSolutions.com" The website is still a work in progress (trying to organize more content now, life always takes precedence when there is downtime) but you can get a good idea of what were about. We're planning radio advertising campaign after we get the website up to our liking so listen out for us.

If anyone has Scoreboard/Message center or any other technology issues they could use a hand with... please ask. We have our own heavy boom (45') and with a crane and general B.

Would enjoy the opportunity to network and develop some mutually beneficial relationships.

Thanks,

Dan

GO CHARGERS!!

We (Scoreboard Solutions) are a small company (but mighty!),relatively new to The Board and try to watch and learn. Our core business overlaps heavily with the sign industry, so it behooves us to find good contacts with sign experience. Our line of work opens new doors every day.

Anyway, being San Diego locals, would enjoy the opportunity to meet some more good peeps in the industry. You can check us out at "ScoreboardSolutions.com" The website is still a work in progress (trying to organize more content now, life always takes precedence when there is downtime) but you can get a good idea of what were about. We're planning radio advertising campaign after we get the website up to our liking so listen out for us.

If anyone has Scoreboard/Message center or any other technology issues they could use a hand with... please ask. We have our own heavy boom (45') and with a crane and general B.

Would enjoy the opportunity to network and develop some mutually beneficial relationships.

Thanks,

Dan

GO CHARGERS!!

You are a good reference to have, and local.

For the meet at PB. Come one, Come ALL!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Thanks,

Dan

GO CHARGERS!!

You are a good reference to have, and local.

For the meet at PB. Come one, Come ALL!

Thanks... appreciated. Will do our best to make it.

Dan: 619 261 6471

Dan,

You might want to get one of the Tabletops in the Exhibition Hall. They're reasonably priced and a great way to get in front of potential customers.

Space is going fast. For more information on registration for the show go to:

http://www.wssc.us.com/

See you there!

Dan,

You might want to get one of the Tabletops in the Exhibition Hall. They're reasonably priced and a great way to get in front of potential customers.

Space is going fast. For more information on registration for the show go to:

See you there!

Thanks Skip, I'll check out the link.

Appreciate the heads-up.\

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Though the show has not come yet, I hope they have it at the Catamaran from now on. It's going to be much more enjoyable & fun having it by the beach then Downtown.

Though the show has not come yet, I hope they have it at the Catamaran from now on. It's going to be much more enjoyable & fun having it by the beach then Downtown.

Yeah, I agree. I will only miss the quick walk to Gaslamps that the Convention Centers offered.. I guess you locals take it for granted, but us out-of-towners have a great time along 5th Avenue. :drunk: :

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone coming to this? I know a few are. It's in Mission Beach. I thought some of us can meet for Dinner or just appetizers & drinks.

Chime in here for those that are interested, Kirstie and I are going to meet up with a few of you Saturday. Mission Beach and PB have some good places for drinks and eats so I thought we should meet at the PB Ale House around 5PM. The PB Ale House is a few blocks north of The Catamaran

I was just putting together my schedule for the Western States Sign Show and realized that the ISA Chairman's Reception is at 6:00 on Saturday. We'll be fashionably early for your 5:00 meet up and fashionably late for the reception. In any event, I hope to meet some of you at the PB Alehouse, and if not there, maybe when the Show opens on Friday. I'll be a Greeter at the doors.

If you're on the fence regarding the show, call your sign distributor, like Montroy or N Glance, and they'll get a free pass to you.

See you there!

Just bumping it up to let everyone know I hope to see whoever is coming at 5pm this Saturday at PB Alehouse. I'll update the thread later so you know what to look for, what our group will look like

So I got in late yesterday and have to admit, the Mission Beach area around the Catamaran is pretty nice. My room overlooks the bay with the buildings downtown over the horizon. Sure beats Toronto during winter! Hotel has a sort of Hawaii feel to it and aside from the occasional low-level aircraft (military?), I'm looking forward to a couple of low key days and a little networking. Those I don't bump into at the show I hope to see Saturday at Erik's meet.

For those who don't know what I look like, keep an eye out for a red Michael Jackson "Thriller" jacket and glitter glove, and walking like a zombie. That'll be me. Later, I'll be dangling an infant off my 2nd floor balcony for those who want to take some pictures while in town...

Hey, you guys all have fun !!!!!!! Have a drink for me....

And somebody -------- give Kgirl a love kiss for me. But don't tell Eric.

gn

TOO LATE!!!!

I'm pretty happy I went, I got to put lots of faces with names that visit the site, and see who visits the site but just lurks. I had to tell the lurkers that unfortunately if they don't sign in they only get to see (access)half the site. In passing for people who saw my name badge I did get a lot of feedback about the SS, they found this site entertaining and educational.

It was nice to put a face with a name, I got to meet Karen with Structural Technology Consultants Inc., Chris Potter with Permlight, Dan Miller & Mr. Matas with AgiLight, Patti King with WSSC & The Neon Group. I hope to meet more tomorrow night at PB Alehouse :beerchug:

I got to hang out with Marko of YYZ for a couple of hours today too

It was nice to finally get out after over nine months and spend some time with some great people.

If you were a sign shop and had questions about Neon or LED's, you really missed out if you thought about going and did not. We had probably two of the greatest minds whose products are in the top 5 of our light comparison tests.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Happy Hour! Erik, thanks for planning it; it was wonderful to see you and Kirstie again. And it was nice to finally meet Marco and Garrett and everyone else who turned out. I wish I didn't have to dine and dash to catch my plane back to the snowbanks of DC. But nothing comes between me and a lousy night's sleep on the redeye. :)

Hope to see you guys in Orlando (at least those who are willing to travel to the land of Disney and humidity)!

--Kenny

• !llumenati

So ????????? Is this a "kiss and not tell?" Come on - the offer was there for someone to take my place and put a damp one on Kgirl ---------- perhaps she refused? Or did Eric put the squelch to that idea?

gn

Just bumping it up to let everyone know I hope to see whoever is coming at 5pm this Saturday at PB Alehouse. I'll update the thread later so you know what to look for, what our group will look like

Sorry we were not able to make the meet 'n greet at PB ALehouse. Too many places to be at once. It was a good show and had a lot to offer. Too bad it was so under attended. The exhibitors and speakers deserved better.

So ????????? Is this a "kiss and not tell?" Come on - the offer was there for someone to take my place and put a damp one on Kgirl ---------- perhaps she refused? Or did Eric put the squelch to that idea?

gn

No, not I.

She waits for you to put a wet and sloppy one!

Bummed couldn't make show... but did make it to PB Ale House on Sat at 5pm. Right as we walked in... noticed some folks walking out with what looked like trade show badges. Cool ... we're in the right place!

There must of been 14-16 folks leaving... only problem is I think it was the whole gang! Looked around but didn't see anyone talking signs!

Won't miss the next one! :spank:

There must of been 14-16 folks leaving... only problem is I think it was the whole gang! Looked around but didn't see anyone talking signs!

The group wasn't that large, so either they didn't find us and left - or they were a different group of attendees entirely. There were several people who came, saw and left - so it was a bit of a hit-n-miss event.

Erik - I think in future a get together would work best in a hotel suite where you have the comparison available for people to see. These restaurant meet-n-greets don't appeal to a lot of people and it seems like the last 2 times (SD and Vegas) there was people who couldn't attend or even find it - but you can be sure a greater effort would be made to see the demo if members were able to see it in person.

I thin you could REALLY kick start traffic and membership by actually being in an ISA show - but if you had to have a sponsor then it would give some objectors an excuse to discredit the results - though it makes little sense for you to spend the $6K+ it would take just to set up a 10x10 booth and travel costs. The few grand it will cost you may or may not come back in members, hard to say.

The group wasn't that large, so either they didn't find us and left - or they were a different group of attendees entirely. There were several people who came, saw and left - so it was a bit of a hit-n-miss event.

Erik - I think in future a get together would work best in a hotel suite where you have the comparison available for people to see. These restaurant meet-n-greets don't appeal to a lot of people and it seems like the last 2 times (SD and Vegas) there was people who couldn't attend or even find it - but you can be sure a greater effort would be made to see the demo if members were able to see it in person.

I thin you could REALLY kick start traffic and membership by actually being in an ISA show - but if you had to have a sponsor then it would give some objectors an excuse to discredit the results - though it makes little sense for you to spend the $6K+ it would take just to set up a 10x10 booth and travel costs. The few grand it will cost you may or may not come back in members, hard to say.

Next time I need to have glow in the dark necklaces, my mistake. I'm not really down for a hotel suite, there is a couple of problems with that. One, I can't get the comparison into one anyway, it's to tall at 8.5'in height. Two, Kgirl & I don't want to be stuck in a hotel suite it's not our style and claustrophobic , we're more of a happy hour crew and open patio venue like Vegas. My preference is not to purposely have a whole lot of people because it's too hard to plan and too hard to find room where I don't have to put some sort of deposit down where I might get stuck with a bill and most of all, I can't get to talk with everyone.

I actually (Kirstie & I) quite enjoyed both Vegas ISA's and the other week's meet. I'd rather have a small gathering and talk about things other than the sign biz like all of our Vegas trips so far. I see you all online and all we talk about is work, so to talk about our personal lives or events outside our work lives is a breath of fresh air to be honest. Our meet the other week was the most I've ever talked about signs of all the meets combined, not that it was bad thing.

On a ISA convention, Vegas would be the only destination because it's driving distance for us. If a non-light source manufacturer wanted to bring alot of traffic to their booth and be the talk of the convention by having the light product projects there then I would look into that. Also if various vendors from the projects wanted to kick in and have a separate Syndicate only booth, there is a possibility too, they have more to gain from it being there than I do because I'm not really selling anything to anyone to be there other than maybe someone who wants the background info on the project and might look into signing up on the site and upgrading, and as you said, I don't think I would get enough to cover anything on my end. I would be there strictly donating my time and money to bring the projects there as charity cause strictly for the Electric Sign Industry in the name of "Truth & Justice" :mf_tongue: lol

I apologize to all those that we probably missed at PB Alehouse.