ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Happy Birthday Joemomma

I want everybody to know I really appreciate the kindness of your thoughts on my birthday. It brought tears to my eyes. It made me feel so............. so............. so............ OLD. Somehow one of you guys got word to my daughter and even she got in on the act as evidenced by the attachment.

Marek, not to worry, Ashley wouldn't let me have candles on my cake. Lance, thank you, you must really be old. Travis, come on down to Kaintuck, I'd like to rub some of my invention in your face. Remy, you're a gentleman and a scholar (and I'm a confirmed liar). Mark, for some reason, I always thought you were much, much older than I. Erik, you son of a bi, oh, wait a minute, you're the webmaster, aren't you? Erik, you hit the nail square on the head. (I'm also a confirmed suck ass).

post-181-1119471182.jpg

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

I don't know about Joe, but I'm still a big motor head :D

:burn: :burn: :burn:

Here's my sig from a car forum:

'94 Trans Am GT

Dark green metallic w/Gold package.

Stock short block, Crane 210/224 cam

JBA 1 5/8" shortie headers

Moroso CAI, 52mm BBK

Vig. 2800, gears, LCA's.

Best:

60ft - 1.672, 1/8 mi. ET - 7.878, 1/8 mi. MPH - 87.48

1/4 mi. ET - 12.380; 1/4 mi. MPH - 113.17

Race weight - 3757# w/myfatassinit

Former Track Champion, Rockingham Dragway

Former Sears Craftsman ET Finals Runner Up (Div. 2)

Not the fastest car on the planet by any means, but deadly consistant, which is what counts in the type of racing I like.

Mark, 99% of what you just said could've been written in Greek. The only thing I understood in your post was that very American word "myfatassinit". I know where the accelerator, the steering wheel, and the door handle are. Oh yeah, I can find the brake pedal, too. I did change my own oil once.

joemomma

1946-2008

I think B.O.P. may just be my idol. He is an neon apparatus mastermind, a big motor head and by god the man speaks Greek too. Is there anything you cant do?

TEastin

Mark, 99% of what you just said could've been written in Greek. The only thing I understood in your post was that very American word "myfatassinit". I know where the accelerator, the steering wheel, and the door handle are. Oh yeah, I can find the brake pedal, too. I did change my own oil once.

You see, you can speak Greek. There are some "youngins'" who can't figure out the "myfatassinit" part :D

Not that you are interested, but let me see if I can 'splain the numbers to you. They of course relate to 1/4 mile drag racing.

'94 Trans Am GT

Dark green metallic w/Gold package.

You probably figured this part out. This is simply the model year and kind of car it is and the color. The gold package is just some minor graphics I installed myself.

Stock short block

This refers to the engine block. It is still stock, which means it has not been modified in any way. In the case of mine, it has never even been taken apart.

Crane 210/224 cam

This is the type of aftermarket camshaft that is in the engine. This is a relatively mild camshaft, no where near as radical as it could be.

JBA 1 5/8" shortie headers

"Headers" are performance oriented replacements for the exhaust manifolds. They flow better than the stock components, which allows the engine to breath better thereby producing more horsepower. "JBA" is the manufacture. "1-5/8"" is the diameter of the tubes. "Shortie" refers to the length of the tubes. 1-5/8" is small. Larger diameter and longer length would produce more power.

Moroso CAI

"CAI" means Cold Air Induction. The is part of the air intake system. This is an after market item that is designed to provide cooler air to the engine. Cooler air = more power. "Moroso" is the manufacture.

52mm BBK

This refers to the size of the throttle body (52mm) and the mfg. (BBK).

Vig. 2800

This refers to the automatic transmissions torque converter. "Vig." is short for Vigilante, which is a model offered by a particular mfg. "2800" is the rated brake stall speed in RPM's of the converter. The higher this number is, within reason, the more torque and power that will be applied to the drive train during full throttle acceleration. 2800 RPM is a relatively mild stall speed for a car this heavy.

gears

This means the gears in the rear-end (differential) have been changed to a higher numerical number, which helps the car accelerate quicker. In my case from 3.23:1 to 4.10:1.

LCA's

This is an abbreviation for Lower Control Arms. These are part of the rear suspension. The car has these parts from the factory, but they are stamped steel items. When someone uses the term LCA's in conversation, it means they have replaced the factory pieces with stronger aftermarket ones, which helps the car leave the starting line quicker.

Best:

The best times and speeds the car has recorded to date.

60ft - 1.672

Upon leaving the starting line from a dead stop, the car has traveled the first 60 feet of the track in 1.672 seconds.

1/8 mi. ET - 7.878

"ET" means Elapsed Time. "1/8 mi. ET" means the time it took for the car to travel the first 1/8 mile of the track from a dead stop. In this case 7.878 seconds.

1/8 mi. MPH - 87.48

This is the speed the car was going at the 1/8 mile mark: 87.48 miles per hour from a standing start to a measure 1/8 mile.

1/4 mi. ET - 12.380

This is the same as 1/8 mile ET, only the time is for a distance of 1/4 mile. In this case the car went from a standing start and traveled a measured 1/4 mile in 12.380 seconds.

1/4 mi. MPH - 113.17

This is the speed the car was going at the 1/4 mile mark (when it crossed the finish line): 113.17 miles per hour from a standing start to a measure 1/4 mile.

Race weight - 3757# w/myfatassinit

This should be fairly self explanatory. This is what the car weighs with a full tank of gas and me in the car. In its current configuration this is a rather heavy car. A rule of thumb is, for every 100 pounds of weight reduction the car will go 1/10th second quicker in the 1/4 mile. For example, theoretically if you remove 500 lbs. of weight from the car it will go 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4 mile.

Former Track Champion, Rockingham Dragway

Self explanatory.

Rockingham Dragway, located in Rockingham, NC directly across the road from the now defunct NASCAR North Carolina Motor Speedway, is probably the best drag strip in the Southeast. Many high-dollar professional race teams rent the track for testing purposes because of this fact.

Former Sears Craftsman ET Finals Runner Up (Div. 2)

Somewhat self explanatory. From a sanctioned drag racing facilities standpoint, the USA and Canada are divided up in to 8 divisions. The Southeastern States are Division 2. Sears used to sponsor a year-end ET Bracket Racing Finals for each Division throughout the Country. The participants of these races were those who had the highest yearly points standings for their respective tracks. In my case Rockingham Dragway. Considering there are several classes from each track, there may be 20 to 30 participants from each track who participate in the Division Finals for each Division. That year in Div. 2 I believe there were 12 different tracks who participated in the Division 2 Finals. I was Runner Up in my class at the Division 2 Finals. Had I won I would have gone to the National Finals in California.

I think B.O.P. may just be my idol. He is an neon apparatus mastermind, a big motor head and by god the man speaks Greek too. Is there anything you cant do?

LMAO! Easy now, I'm a married man :fight:

Yeah, there are a lot of things I can't do. For example I can't bend over and touch my toes any more unless I bend my knees........ a LOT! :bitchin:

Mark,

"Race weight - 3757# w/myfatassinit"

Just for the record, how much does that '94 Trans AM GT weigh wo/yourfatassinit?

Just for the record.

Do you still race?

joemomma

1946-2008

Mark,

"Race weight - 3757# w/myfatassinit"

Just for the record, how much does that '94 Trans AM GT weigh wo/yourfatassinit?

Just for the record.

Do you still race?

Don't race any more, but still have the car. If I'm lucky I'll take it to the track once a year just for some fun, nothing serious like I used to. It is still street legal and always has license and insurance on it. It is very drivable on the street, a nice benefit of computer controlled electronic fuel injection. I do take it for a ride every once-in-a-while when the weather is real nice. We take the T-tops off and go rumbling around the country side :burn:

It takes time and money to race, or more appropriately, money and time. I have been putting all my time and money into this business for the past few years trying to build it up again to where I was when it was PNL (Precision Neon Laboratories) before I sold that company to Daco. It's much harder this time around than the first, but I think I'm gaining on it.

Seems I forgot to answer your other question.... :whistling::laughing1: