ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Ultrasigns

Has anybody else been effected by Ultrasigns of San Diego suspending payments to existing accounts payable until April 2010? I don't think my vendors would be too cooperative if I demanded a 90 day suspension and I know my employees would not. If everyone decided to play this same game we could kiss the industry good bye.

Edited by Erik Cin
city

• Board Patron

They were having problems issuing payments for the last six months, I wonder if they are going down the hill. thanks got I got my last check 2 weeks ago and I have no balance with them anymore.

But wait!!! I thought I was told by the son of one of the Ultrasign guys that the only way to "make it" was using cheap ass china knock-off patent infringing LEDs - because, and I now quote the son of the Ultrasign manager - "who cares how long the parts last because these small businesses will not even last 1 year"

now I wonder how the big companies that are their suppliers are feeling about that cheap philosophy???

Ultrasign is an iconic example in our book of "how not to be"

we prepay all vendors - are terms range from Net 0 to Net -60

it is amazing the respect, loyalty, and quality you get from vendors when you treat them with dignity and respect

• Board Patron

, and I now quote the son of the Ultrasign manager - "who cares how long the parts last because these small businesses will not even last 1 year"

Funny how things work out huh Manuel LOL!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

, and I now quote the son of the Ultrasign manager - "who cares how long the parts last because these small businesses will not even last 1 year"

I would rather give companies free products for a sign if they truly needed them - rather than forcing them to be disengenious about paying us back.

I would rather give companies free products for a sign if they truly needed them - rather than forcing them to be disengenious about paying us back.

Let me put the record straight just so the posts are accurate. Like all companies around the world Ultrasigns has experienced a slow down in receiving payments form it's customers. This coupled with a slow down in the economy has caused a challenge. To avoid having to lay off loyal and hard working employees the company talked with many of it's major suppliers and negotiated extended payment terms. The objective is not to cause problems to any of our vendors but to keep the work force in place so that we can meet the upturn in the economy when it comes. If you have further questions you are free to contact me.

No offense, but I'm not sure I understand the logic here. If you don't have the work now, as a business owner, how can you justify keeping the current payroll in place? What if things don't pick up for your business as you planned? The situation you describe and the actions being taken are exactly what happened to a previous employer of mine...don't pay suppliers or bills for PAST work, but continuing to operate the business with the same head count, just to keep good people there. Eventually, things dried up further, suppliers got more and more agitated (and took legal action), taxes & insurance weren't paid, equipment was repossessed, payroll checks were late (and then started bouncing) until the landlord locked the doors. The good people hung around 'till the bitter end and were the ones screwed the worst. I'm sure you explain to your clients that you need the money for the work your company has performed and are hounding them for payment, so why would it be fair for your company to do the exact same thing to its vendors?

• Like 1

• Board Patron

Simply put .... B Fu1&),):&!!!!! Some companies like Fed Heath cut quality/UL corners and then cut payroll to staff (about 10% or 2 days extra off per month w/out pay ) but they still paid suppliers, us included. They are good people , all except Bill Faul - he gets kickbacks from SloanLED!

Manuel quit being shy and tell us how you really feel!!! lol

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
not needed

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Simply put .... B Fu1&),):&!!!!! Some companies like Fed Heath cut quality/UL corners and then cut payroll to staff (about 10% or 2 days extra off per month w/out pay ) but they still paid suppliers, us included. They are good people , all except Bill Faul - he gets kickbacks from SloanLED!

Manuel quit being shy and tell us how you really feel!!! lol

Most of the people at Federal Heath are straight forward, honest, sincere - I like that. Then there are some very slippery people that are so greasy they are as obvious as big oil stain you get on your shirt when you are out on a hot or important date.

Looking at the PlastoLED website those look like rebrand LED's from China. Are these Ultraneon's LED's?

Kirk, have you ever tried Axiom's LED's? Out of what I would call the "Top 5", Axiom is one of them.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Manuel,

Do you really think your LED's are better quality than the PlastoLED product ???

The Plastoled stuff - which if included - would be at the bottom end of the testing that Erik is doing on here. Axiom's is near the top (this coming from another manufacturer/competitor).

Speaking of which - is there a new Tighty Whitey update before the WSSC next week?

Speaking of which - is there a new Tighty Whitey update before the WSSC next week?

Yes, I'll update it next week. Sylvania LED's worth obtaining?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Manuel,

Do you really think your LED's are better quality than the PlastoLED product ???

Yes I do. better Quality...as Wikipedia says it

Quality in business, engineering and manufacturing has a pragmatic interpretation as the non-inferiority or superiority of something. Quality is a perceptual, conditional and somewhat subjective attribute and may be understood differently by different people. Consumers may focus on the specification quality of a product/service, or how it compares to competitors in the marketplace. Producers might measure the conformance quality, or degree to which the product/service was produced correctly.

If I remember correctly your definition of quality was how many small businesses you could get to use crappy cheap products - after all, as you said, it didnt matter because most of them would be out of business within a year.

I do find ironic that the company that is the subject of this thread, the one you have a relationship with in the family, is having major problems and is not paying customers.

Am I the only one that finds this ironic?

And to answer others on this board - no he has not tried our product - he says it cost too much and wants to use JT LED and he does not care about their light output over time or if they possibly infringe patents. So needless to say - we dont visit his company too much anymore. But we do wish him the best of luck.

Have any of you seen the new Hard Rock Cafe on Las Vegas Blvd? YESCO used our power supplies in the fancy signage work they did.

Did anyone from Las Vegas see the wayfinding and parking lot signage at MGM Aria at City Center? Marko of YYZ Systems did the LED systems and used Axiom power supplies.

• Board Patron

I assume this is a national chain supplier. I am wondering how installers and customers are feeling about liens being placed on property. Back in the day when we did install work depending on the relationship we would place mechanic liens around 90-120 days. I always found it amazing how quickly we were paid then. Good luck to all involved and hope this has a happy ending.