ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Who won Starbucks?

Anybody know?

I heard bids were for under $400 for a Starbucks sign (channel letters, raceway, and lighting)!

How could anyone make money off that?

Heard it was for 60 sets using defunct Lumificient/ Nexxus Lighting (they are public, look up how much money they are losing!)

sad when one of the world's most extensive retailer sinks to these levels

• Like 1

• Board Patron

They buy junk because they are being considered junk themselves

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

I don't see that being possible. I build a lot of channel letters and take great care and time finding the best pricing on materials. "STARBUCKS COFFEE" Thats 15 letters. Comes to $26.66 per letter on a raceway. I can't buy the materials for that - plex for faces, aluminum for the backs, trim cap, return metal, raceway material, led's or neon, transformer or power supply, switch, wire, screws and vinyl for the faces.

If someone is doing it for $400.00 I would like to go to their shop and take lessons!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anybody know?

I heard bids were for under $400 for a Starbucks sign (channel letters, raceway, and lighting)!

How could anyone make money off that?

Heard it was for 60 sets using defunct Lumificient/ Nexxus Lighting (they are public, look up how much money they are losing!)

sad when one of the world's most extensive retailer sinks to these levels

Guest Signtiffic

Holy poop.... $400????? I'll believe that when i see it. Are they going to ask everyone to install a set for $50.00 including the permit?

What a joke.

Mr. Lynch,

Before you go posting comments in a world-wide forum such as this, you may want to get your facts straight. Lumificient is not a defunct company, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of NEXXUS, and we have manufactured a very high quality LED sign system for approximately 11 years. You are mixing our product and its track record with another product NEXXUS used to own, which is no longer sold.

NEXXUS does show losses on paper, that's typical of a company that is in the start-up phase of some major product releases. This is validated by the fact we just raised several million dollars in a secodary public offering to fund those initiatives. Therefore, investors were privy to information, and were willing to dig deep enough into their pockets to give us those millions. Again, you do not have THAT information.

Unlike most of the LED systems manufactured today, Lumificient's Hyperion R-Lite system has never had a major failure of any type. Period. In fact, our rate of warranty claims (5 year warranty on everything except power supplies, which are 6 years), is .0015%. There isn't another LED system out there that can match that.

Hopefully you are aware that your comments about a company like Starbucks "sink(ing) to these levels" will not do anything to boost your image with any prospective users of your product, or the retail chains themselves.

Best regards,

Jeff DiPaolo

Director of Business Development

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the board.

I'd like to invite your company to participate in our Neon/LED Light Comparison Projects. One of your engineers Zdenko made it a point to participate then I never replied back, but maybe he doesn't work for your company anymore? I would love to welcome Lumificient in and throw your products into the mix, all the manufacturers are there.

You can PM me through the board or send me an email, admin@thesignsyndicate.com

Hope to hear from you.

Erik

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

will not do anything to boost your image with any prospective users of your product, or the retail chains themselves.

Best regards, Jeff DiPaolo - Director of Business Development

Jeff - I am not sure we ever crossed paths - nice to meet you as well. My understanding from one of Starbuck's leading sign companies and from someone inside Starbucks was the reason they selected your product - congrats - was because it was the lowest price. I had an opportunity to advise Starbucks on what to look for and what to stay away from - they are really interesting people.

We even were part of a proposal that came up with a unique (and I believe patent pending) and clever way of retrofitting a neon letterset without removing the hazardous neon.

So Jeff - I am pretty well known by end retailers - quite a few actually. There are several sign companies that cut corners or are in violation of UL or NEC standards that dont like me much because I think it prudent to make the retailer aware of any potential safety or fire hazard. And then Jeff there are a whole bunch of sign companies that are not very cash solvent so they cannot accept our payment terms of 100% prepay. But then again Jeff I am sure you know we were the largest ImagePoint LED vendor and we were not affected by their demise - our payment terms and our cash solvency proved to be pretty savvy in these interesting times. But - since you are out raising money again and have a rather "interesting" balance sheet I guess being in a strong financial position is not normal to you.

I think if you do a bit of research you would find that I am, have been, and always will be on the investor side of things as well and will let you know that I may be a silent investor in a lot of companies in this space. Hell - I got someone a job at CREE when their stock was at $15 and they took an idea I had developed of a recessed LED light and turned the stock into $75!!!

Welcome to the board Jeff - and thanks for posting. But...can you provide any insight onto the $400 per sign? I was told this by 4 of their sign companies. And, from past experience, and from knowing other companies in similar situations (like agreeing to pay for all sign service - ouch), that this is clearly a losing proposition. But for that matter, so is building products in China - a destabilization of an economic relationship between USA and China and the eventual public report about China manipulating currency will resort in increased tarifs on incoming products. Where do you build your products? I doubt you do that in Florida.

We are based down under in New Zealand with our customer service offices for North America in Las Vegas. And why New Zealand??? Well, New Zealand is the only country in the world right now that has a free trade agreement with China...and it looks like one she put in place shortly with USA as well.

And - if you would like to discuss any of these issues - please feel free to call me anytime. I talk with a few other competitors openly on a regular basis. Guys at SloanLED, US LED, and GE dont talk to me much - they didnt like that I sued them for patent infringment. Intellectual property is worth a lot to those investors of yours - you will be hearing much more about that soon.

Submit your parts to the test on this board - we really miss Zdenko (right Marko?) - hopefully you fill his charming shoes.

I'm going to have to make Manuel a signature that is composed of a disclaimer, something that goes like:

Disclaimer: The views expressed by myself do not reflect those of the board and further more upon the end of this post......

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I'm going to have to make Manuel a signature that is composed of a disclaimer, something that goes like:

Disclaimer: The views expressed by myself do not reflect those of the board and further more upon the end of this post......

now that is funny Erik - or maybe it should read "But thats just my opinion and if I am in a bad mood and you want argue - bring it on!!! Otherwise, enjoy your day."

I do have an additional comment:

1. When people on this board select vendors are you concerned about their financial stability and cash flow?

2. When you select a customer to do work for - aren't you cognizant of their financial situation?

3. Is being financially sound a bad trait for a company? Should everyone be in debt or is it okay to be cash flow positive, have zero short or long term debt, and have your payables all set to Net 0???

And...not sure that are a lot of accountants or investors on this site but can someone let me know if I am looking at these financials wrong http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=NEXS&annual

Revenues declined in a year when LED lighting was booming and losses are outpacing revenue....interesting...there have been several of these companies that do not last. Am I missing something?

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this post are the public financials required by Nexxus Lighting to publish to the market shown to you by Yahoo...if you want to go to NASDAQ directly - please do. This is just public information.

• Board Patron

Who ever won the job at that price will just sub it out and screw who ever built it.

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Manual, are you sure it was the whole sign for 400.00? Could it have been the led's and power supplies only for 400.00? That makes a little more sense. Still 26.00 per letter for the led system. Still not a bad deal.

Manual, are you sure it was the whole sign for 400.00? Could it have been the led's and power supplies only for 400.00? That makes a little more sense. Still 26.00 per letter for the led system. Still not a bad deal.

Geraldi,

I was told it was for a 15 letter sign- for the sign + lighting - not sure it included installation

• Board Patron

will not do anything to boost your image with any prospective users of your product, or the retail chains themselves.

Jeff - I am not sure we ever crossed paths - nice to meet you as well. My understanding from one of Starbuck's leading sign companies and from someone inside Starbucks was the reason they selected your product - congrats - was because it was the lowest price. I had an opportunity to advise Starbucks on what to look for and what to stay away from - they are really interesting people.

We even were part of a proposal that came up with a unique (and I believe patent pending) and clever way of retrofitting a neon letterset without removing the hazardous neon.

So Jeff - I am pretty well known by end retailers - quite a few actually. There are several sign companies that cut corners or are in violation of UL or NEC standards that dont like me much because I think it prudent to make the retailer aware of any potential safety or fire hazard. And then Jeff there are a whole bunch of sign companies that are not very cash solvent so they cannot accept our payment terms of 100% prepay. But then again Jeff I am sure you know we were the largest ImagePoint LED vendor and we were not affected by their demise - our payment terms and our cash solvency proved to be pretty savvy in these interesting times. But - since you are out raising money again and have a rather "interesting" balance sheet I guess being in a strong financial position is not normal to you.

I think if you do a bit of research you would find that I am, have been, and always will be on the investor side of things as well and will let you know that I may be a silent investor in a lot of companies in this space. Hell - I got someone a job at CREE when their stock was at $15 and they took an idea I had developed of a recessed LED light and turned the stock into $75!!!

Welcome to the board Jeff - and thanks for posting. But...can you provide any insight onto the $400 per sign? I was told this by 4 of their sign companies. And, from past experience, and from knowing other companies in similar situations (like agreeing to pay for all sign service - ouch), that this is clearly a losing proposition. But for that matter, so is building products in China - a destabilization of an economic relationship between USA and China and the eventual public report about China manipulating currency will resort in increased tarifs on incoming products. Where do you build your products? I doubt you do that in Florida.

We are based down under in New Zealand with our customer service offices for North America in Las Vegas. And why New Zealand??? Well, New Zealand is the only country in the world right now that has a free trade agreement with China...and it looks like one she put in place shortly with USA as well.

And - if you would like to discuss any of these issues - please feel free to call me anytime. I talk with a few other competitors openly on a regular basis. Guys at SloanLED, US LED, and GE dont talk to me much - they didnt like that I sued them for patent infringment. Intellectual property is worth a lot to those investors of yours - you will be hearing much more about that soon.

Submit your parts to the test on this board - we really miss Zdenko (right Marko?) - hopefully you fill his charming shoes.

HEHEHEHEHEHE :smiley2eatingpopcorn:

This is gettin' good

Manuel you remind me so much of me...kinda brings a tear to my eye LOL!!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the board.

I'd like to invite your company to participate in our Neon/LED Light Comparison Projects. One of your engineers Zdenko made it a point to participate then I never replied back, but maybe he doesn't work for your company anymore? I would love to welcome Lumificient in and throw your products into the mix, all the manufacturers are there.

You can PM me through the board or send me an email, admin@thesignsyndicate.com

Hope to hear from you.

Erik

Hi Erik,

We would love to participate, how do I get involved?

Thanks for the invitation,

Jeff

Jeff, didnt you use to work for NeoKraft signs?

HEHEHEHEHEHE :smiley2eatingpopcorn:

This is gettin' good

Manuel you remind me so much of me...kinda brings a tear to my eye LOL!!

Manueal,

I am intimately familiar with you, your company, and your past and current products, and I certainly have no desire, nor any inclination, to engage you in a battle of throwing half-truths around. I know about your financial "solvency", and I know of your 100% prepayment terms, (frankly, I could let the world know of some of your business pratices that they would all find very interesting). You should know several things, 1) I am not Zdenko, 2) I was in the sign industry prior to working in LEDs for over 20 years and, as I said, know you very well.

So if I understand your points, your company is in an extremely strong financial position? Really? Would you care to show any verifiable evidence of that? And, you also have access to Lumificient's financial reporting? I sincerely doubt that.

You mention you are extremely well known by the end retailers, and I have no doubt of that, because in my past experience I was with a sign company that used your products in a major changeover that we actaully had to go back to 75% of the locations and replace the product, (you were gracious enough to replace the product, however never took care of any of the tens of thousands of dollars in labor costs we incurred). So I guess you could say you are well known by the retailers.

Finally, price was not the determining factor in Starbucks. You can float all of your posturing statements here, which you and nobody here have any way of verifying, but I was the person who personally has met with Starbucks on numerous occasions for their program, and you are totally off base.

So you are personally responsible for Cree's stock going from $15 to $75? Congratulations, and can you give me any stock tips?

And to answer your question, we are 80% U.S. made , right in Maple Grove Minnesota. So we do not have to worry about trade agreements, or tariffs as much as you and all of the others.

At the end of the day it is as simple as this. We have an outstanding system that is unmatched in many key areas, and we are making some major strides in gaining national programs, which we had not focused on before, so I personally welcome the challenge of competing with your company on all levels.

All the Best,

Jeff

• Board Patron

Sorry, forgot to answer one question, I do not think they could be selling the signs for $400 since in most instances our LED quotes to them were far more than that.

Thanks jeff for putting the $400.00 thing to rest!

and welcome to the SS

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Hi Erik,

We would love to participate, how do I get involved?

Thanks for the invitation,

Jeff

I'll send you an email Jeff.

Erik