ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Inside the International Sign Association

• Board Patron

Sounds like we all need a beer. I'm buyin'!

Bud light for me please! :beerchug:

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I really don't see the problem. Just because it is nicely designed it doesn't mean it's extravagant or wasteful. We're all in the business - is some shiny white paint, curved edges and halo lighting really that expensive? Are digital prints on the glass suddenly a luxury? We're talking white tiles on the floor and Ikea chairs beneath your typical drop ceiling.

The only thing that looks expensive is the MDF wall materials and even that is modest in comparison to the backlit stone my bank is surrounding elevators with in 44 stories of their new building.

I personally feel better giving money to someone who isn't sitting behind a 70's era steel desk with wood paneling on the walls - that goes for everything from my haircuts to my lawyer.

If anything, what we see in those pics is proof that with a little planning and taste, you can create something really nice looking for not a lot of investment, or even headache - aside from having to vacate during the work, which in this case would have been quick.

Well said!!

• Board Patron

You still on for next Sat Garett? You coming to warmer weather Brian?

I wish but can't get away #@!*#@! :bullethole:

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

You still on for next Sat Garett? You coming to warmer weather Brian?

Yup. we still thinking of Terrific Pacific or whatever it's called now? Perfect, right next to Grandma's house. Bye kids!

Garett

Sincerely,

Garett Churchill

Fluxeon, Inc.

USA

I just received a phone call, some of you can expect some membership pamphlets in the mail real soon!

And to some, a horse's head in our beds!

:lol_hitting:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I just received a phone call, some of you can expect some membership pamphlets in the mail real soon!

And to some, a horse's head in our beds!

:lol_hitting:

I am a member and that is why I am upset with them.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As a member for the better of 2 decades of the ISA. A new to do has been entered on my schedule tomorrow.

1. Check Email

2. Return Messages

3. Go to Bank

4. Scratch 1. 2. 3. Cancel membership to the ISA Forthwith

5. Keep my money from Fair Weather Friends - Organizations that don't even offer a glimmer of support in their new digs of a trade (neon) that got them where they are.

This is a personal opinion. Bash me or like me for it, I am tired of caring since it definitely looks like its everyone for themselves.

Sad thing is that the Neon to LED is comparable to the plastic sign face scares back in the day. A rebound will happen.

The ISA should of had at least a little Neo Deco involved somewhere in the photo shoot. I know of several neon guys that have long and gone that are rolling their graves since they dumped a crap ton of money over the years supporting the ISA.

I guess I may have to wake one morning and kiss that friggin horse...LOL

Edited by County_Signs

What some of you don't know is that the ISA didn't publish this article, nor did they even know it was going to be published. The architect wanted to take some photos for their portfolio and then this came out with ISA's knowledge - so it's not like it's supposed to be a press release by ISA or be representative of every segment of the sign industry.

Would you rather they still had desks in the hallway?

Or perhaps these renos would have been OK - no matter the cost - if there was some exposed neon involved?

I could understand the reaction if ISA themselves promoted their new digs as some tribute to the industry (which they didn't) and left neon out (which they also didn't), but that's not the case and the reaction here seems to come from some inferiority complex or jealousy. There IS neon in the new offices, but I guess some people need a special gold star (or flashing exposed tubes) to make them feel better.

• Like 1

• Board Patron

What some of you don't know is that the ISA didn't publish this article, nor did they even know it was going to be published. The architect wanted to take some photos for their portfolio and then this came out with ISA's knowledge - so it's not like it's supposed to be a press release by ISA or be representative of every segment of the sign industry.

Or perhaps these renos would have been OK - no matter the cost - if there was some exposed neon involved?

I could understand the reaction if ISA themselves promoted their new digs as some tribute to the industry (which they didn't) and left neon out (which they also didn't), but that's not the case and the reaction here seems to come from some inferiority complex or jealousy. There IS neon in the new offices, but I guess some people need a special gold star (or flashing exposed tubes) to make them feel better.

Good grief Marko are you the ISA poster child now? Yours is not the only allowed opinion on here! quit jumping on everyone's case that has a negative view of the ISA

• Like 1

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Guest Signtiffic

geraldi is right.

Honestly, there is a distinguishing characteristic which separates talent from hacks...... its quality of image. This isn't a mom and pop neighborhood association..... it the INTERNATIONAL Sign Association.

Anyone who thinks it's not a good idea to portray quality, high caliber, or class for an international association must not have the slightest clue just how important image is.

FYI non-profit does not necessarily equal a philanthropic organization. The ISA shouldn't be scrutinized the same way you would Unicef, or Acorn, or the Red Cross. Afterall they are representing a commercial FOR-PROFIT industry.

I'm really blown away how unfounded some of the comments here have been. Really blown away. Com'n people. Let those neurons and dentrites form quality connections in your grey matter.

Just in case you don't know.... dentrites are the branched projections of a neuron that act to conduct the electrochemical stimulation received from other neural cells to the cell body, or soma, of the neuron from which the dendrites project.

• !llumenati

Of course I disagree. But I do not pay dues, so I really don't care.

We are all on record here, both sides are represented. can anything good or worthwhile come of continuing this thread?!

back to work....

Garett

Sincerely,

Garett Churchill

Fluxeon, Inc.

USA

• Board Patron

geraldi is right.

Honestly, there is a distinguishing characteristic which separates talent from hacks...... its quality of image. This isn't a mom and pop neighborhood association..... it the INTERNATIONAL Sign Association.

Anyone who thinks it's not a good idea to portray quality, high caliber, or class for an international association must not have the slightest clue just how important image is.

FYI non-profit does not necessarily equal a philanthropic organization. The ISA shouldn't be scrutinized the same way you would Unicef, or Acorn, or the Red Cross. Afterall they are representing a commercial FOR-PROFIT industry.

I'm really blown away how unfounded some of the comments here have been. Really blown away. Com'n people. Let those neurons and dentrites form quality connections in your grey matter.

Just in case you don't know.... dentrites are the branched projections of a neuron that act to conduct the electrochemical stimulation received from other neural cells to the cell body, or soma, of the neuron from which the dendrites project.

Nice big words I am really impressed. Impressed in this sentence is ment as sarcasm. I disagree with you, but you are allowed your opinion. Just don't say that because I do not have the same view as yours that I am stupid or a hack you have never seen my work.

So sorry but that was really a moronic statement by you I am suprised.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

My ONLY main concern is that both LED & CCFL are treated and displayed equally for all those who get introduced into the offices and are wowed by the lighting.

If not, then there is a problem. IMO

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Here's some more big thoughts for you..... a light swtich can be almost anything in a quantum state.... that is to say it can be on and off and up and down all at the same time. BUT..... in this lovely reality of ours it can be on or off.... not both.

Wow a life changing experience reading that

I am happy you are a well read individual, but your constant reminders of just how smart you are is kind of a put off. Remember what I said in the beginning? Some doing certain things makes you look arrogant

your kinda of doing that

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Guest Signtiffic

You still don't get it.... I'd rather be that as I'm less likely to actually be arrogant or better yet ignorant of pertinent fact. I may not be as cool as the bully throwing their weight around but I'll sure eat better then him or her.

There's nothing wrong with being smarter than the next guy. I don't know it all nor do I pretend to. Frankly I don't care if I turned your light switch off or put you off... You can't benfit from it then so it would be a waste to push it. There are likely more people who I've turned on and I'm certainly glad they'll benefit from it. Again.... I'm not so stupid to assume they wouldn't have figured it out on their own.

One guy says to another "Why are you banging your head against the wall?" He replies... "because it feels so good when I stop."

YYZ,

It would be a grand thing for the ISA to go back to desks in a hallway. At least they would be working for the industry as whole and not playing a favorites game in light of a money making fad. The ISA originated on quality products of craftsmanship industry wide, not a rubber stamp process of making a Christmas light. LED's do have a place that I do back, just not in every damned section of the industry until they can make good on all their claims.

The ISA is global, they have censorship. However in this instance censorship played no role and repercussions always happen when something can and will offend some. It is sad that the architect cost them a few members. Yes there is neon there but forgotten to be mentioned. The layman will gladly assume that all the light is LED hence, the LED manufactures love to claim they can replicate the neon glow.

As for others claims of poster child, I would have to agree in this instance. What product is it that you promote?

Inferiority complex or jealousy - I highly highly doubt that, I have made my money from both with the mindset they each have their place.

I guess some people need a special gold star (or flashing exposed tubes) to make them feel better. - Of course you are going to look at it like that, the product type you produce is represented. Sad but true. If you paid as many dues and entry fees as I have over the past 2 decades, you would like to see the main organization give a little credit instead of bandwagon indirectly. All the money that I have put in and a couple of other things that has happened concerning the ISA makes me done with them.

As for Signtiffic,

Nerd out much? Jesus man kick it down a few notches. Super intellectual riddles make a pompous air about a person and have a tendency to offend others.

Chubbs,

Dammit man! What the hell? LOL Lets just be the guys that are just too smart to even thinking of banging our heads. Because the passion for what we do is to great to allow that thought to come to mind. I think a lot of people are going to wizen up a little when the adage of great artistry and craftsmanship will feed generations and the leaning on a sole product will cause you look forward to the soup line.

Ignore the over self important....

Light it up guys, I'm pretty sure I'm now the asshole....

• Board Patron

Again I ask who are the hacks you describe? Is anyone who does not have a dream office a hack? Tell me is your modest way :pillepalle:

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

:tumbleweed:

I have been away awhile.....

:drama:

Hay man glad your back!!!

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Ignore the over self important....

Light it up guys, I'm pretty sure I'm now the asshole....

I'm not giving up my title that easily LOL!!!!!! :laughing1:

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Again I ask who are the hacks you describe? Is anyone who does not have a dream office a hack? Tell me is your modest way :pillepalle:

I guess I am now considered a hack since I bailed on the ISA.... :laughing1: I hope word don't get back to some of the managers of those large city owned sign restores we have done..

Bravo!

Edited by County_Signs

• Board Patron

Bravo!

Hey county

Since our resident expert claims you won't be eating well anymore, I can send some canned food if you get too hungry!! :wootsmiley:

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Guest Signtiffic

chubbygumby sent you a new conversation

Subject: Arrogance

Replies: 0

Sent: Today, 05:16 PM

I'm not going to slam you on the main pages but I think you are one the the biggest jack ass know it all pricks that I have ever ran across. Quoting stupid riddles and using your college dictionary to word up your posts is not fooling anyone. So go ahead and alienate yourself from every other person on here good riddance

Glad to know how you really feel. Like I said you don't get it. There's no point trying to explain it to you. Say what you will about me and my opinion. You're entitled to that right.

Gladly will participate in constructive posts but chubbs you've proven you're a moron. Good luck growing your business with that attitude.

• Board Patron
:pillepalle: Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg