ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Inside the International Sign Association

• Board Patron

Good luck growing your business.

Thank you

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Good luck growing your business.

Thank you

I have about the I.Q. of a Grapefruit and still make killer money, by any chance does that make me a Sign Savant? Probably not I'm thinking, it must be that I'm in an area that loves to donate to the mentally handicaped... :drunk:

Thus the self medication of Rum after all this crazyness....

Guest Signtiffic

Making money is great..... that's why I'm in business. I'm sure there are a lot who make more than me and a lot who make a tremendous ammount less than me.

I'm not the smartest and I don't know it all (unless you're asking chubbs) but I know my atitude has had a lot to do with my success.

No one said this business was rocket science. Be honest, do a good job, and take pride in your work. That's it. Easy recipe.

I don't know what i did with my college dictionary so excuse me if I don't word up my post with some fancy shit.

• Board Patron

Simmer down boys! :filleloupgarou:

These people just got Tiger Woodzed and you are all killing the topic with your personal bs. After throwing around this topic in the office for a while now and as a neon predominate company, we're offended. Why has it not been said who the led manufacturer is?

:led1:

We take the original blog post as their architect took it, cool leds! Go leds! This article was never intended to get out and this isa just got caught with their pants down in the back of a car with his wifes sister

let's all have a big frothy healthy cup of shut the fuck and get back to the real deal

Guest Signtiffic

I agree with both of you. (LG and Garrett that is)

I personnally think the ISA is doing the right thing with remodeling..... It would be nice to know the product(s) used.

Like I said, I'm blown away by the unfoundedcomments made which are unrelated to the LED's....

Enjoy!

At the WSSC show I had three groups of people of whom I've never met, see my badge praise the site and tell me that they always laugh at certin posts and that they found a lot of it entertaining.

I should have asked but never did ask which they were. I wonder if this is one of them. :focus:

At least the site can't be accused of being, dull :Lets_do_it_wild::hump9:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I just read what was on the first page of this post in regard to the lighting. Is there more someplace. All I saw was:

"Hickok Cole Architects designed its 15,000-square-foot office space, with concepts based on neon and the flow of light it creates. Graphic films on glass-front offices helped to provide direction through the space.

Designers accented the curves of the central reception desk with LED lighting, making it visible from both ends of the long, barbell-shaped space".

It was also said by someone from ISA in this topic, LED lighting, neon, wall graphics, window graphics and signage are all showcased and used in this beautiful but simple space.

If there is more would someone point me in the right direction. If not, I don't see what the fuss is about over NEON -vs- LED.

Architects are just that, architects. Everyone I talk to anymore wants to "Go Green. Use LED's to save money, bla, bla, bla. I would like to know more, about the entire project, before I jump up and down and hold my breath.I'm sure someone from ISA had to tell them to integrate all these different types of signage and lighting.

Full disclosure: I am not a member of ISA. My only affiliation is The Sign Syndicate.

If there is more would someone point me in the right direction. If not, I don't see what the fuss is about over NEON -vs- LED......

.....Architects are just that, architects. Everyone I talk to anymore wants to "Go Green. Use LED's to save money, bla, bla, bla. I would like to know more, about the entire project, before I jump up and down and hold my breath.I'm sure someone from ISA had to tell them to integrate all these different types of signage and lighting.

Getting back to seriousness now.

It's not necessarily a Neon vs LED here. But you hit it right on the head with "Go Green. Use LED's to save money, bla, bla, bla" It's all about perception. As what many would probably call head of the sign industry, ISA we have this dilemma.

We don't need the ISA to continue or become enablers of the Go Green marketing statements of how LED's are presented to designers and architects who as we know specify products used in large projects, and omitting the fact that CCFL lamps or lack there of are also "Green" (Thier choice term)and 99.99% recyclable. In a day and age where a large number of LED manufacturers seek out huge corps and designers to have their products specified in large projects based on efficiency and using a one light source fits all attitude, this is where ISA needs to help out in assuring a fair deal for both and not continuing the great divide. Personally I believe in both light sources, but on the larger scale of the market place CCFL because of money reasons is the huge underdog now. For now, I believe in cycles.

Perception is everything and the article displays what their perceptions is, the Architects. I just have a feeling and based on no fact that CCFL technology got no fair play here, looking at the mere word choices used. I still haven't gotten a returned phone call from ISA about who's LED's were used, I find that lack of response coming from the front office somewhat disheartening.

I saw that neon was mentioned as a light source, but my perception is that the ratio is very small compared to LED, and that says something about the perception of the ISA planner which reflects ISA's position on preference on what is "better" whether they admit that or not, or whether it was meant or not. Either way, being the head of the sign industry they help set the tone.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

At the WSSC show I had three groups of people of whom I've never met, see my badge praise the site and tell me that they always laugh at certin posts and that they found a lot of it entertaining.

I should have asked but never did ask which they were. I wonder if this is one of them. :focus:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Daktronics.......:whistling:

Thanks for the welcome back, chubby

I had to much work to follow the drama yesterday.

Signtific did you used to Einsign?

• Board Patron

Where the hell you been man? I thought a whale might have swallowed you :gdmornincoffee:

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Where the hell you been man? I thought a whale might have swallowed you :gdmornincoffee:

ever since they changed the forum to this new format. Every time I logged on, it would shut down. I thought maybe Daktronics was aboard the vendor and was remotely accessing my computer through the forum :laughing1:. or worse yet, based on my weapons stance the government was monitoring me again........I had to unplug for a while, get off the grid. If you know what I mean.

I don't want anyone to misconstrue my comments.

I'm not trying to bash ISA, they do a lot of good for the industry that could not have been done without them. But it doesn't mean from time to time, we shouldn't question them and the decisions they make especially when they make a significant impact in the way we all make a living.

This goes for ANY association, group or publication.

I still haven't gotten a returned phone call from Jonathan Kaupanger, their Executive Administrator who has been their for for about 6 years.

I've called quite a few times and their secretary knows my voice by now, I ask her if anyone else knows what LED's were used and she kept stating that John is the only one that knows. Must be a secret over there I guess?

Johnathan's a VERY busy guy.

I'll try his email, maybe he has a blackberry or iphone and can respond in between doing what he's doing.

Haven''t had the time to update this thread. John from ISA called me a few days ago, I found out the LED's are by Tivoli Lighting http://www.tivolilighting.com/ Also, waiting to here back on who did the neon work and colors used.